Why no warframe tenogen on pc client?

killerKronos23

Question

13 answers to this question

On 2018-10-12 at 5:40 AM, SephirothWS said:

Yet non-steam clients still have all the necessary files to operate said Tennogen. I don't get why they can't be visible outside of the Steam version.

It's because tennogen costs real money, and the client doesn't have the means to make real money transactions. 

3 hours ago, Shai said:

By doing it on steam, it somewhat increases the popularity of the game as well. Also, steam is free and not that hard to install. I don't see the problem tbh

So you don't have a problem with having to launch Steam to launch the game's launcher to launch the game? I'd rather keep it standalone and not need Steam running all the time. Thank you very much.

4 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

So we're to be punished for not running Steam? That makes no sense.

When you want to buy some food you have to go to a shop and pay cashier for the food you want. So sitting at home you're probably punished for not going outside, because throwing money in a window don't bring any food.

just have 2 copies of warframe then, keep the steam one when u fancy buying tennogen and use the normal any time you arent wanting to burn cash, whatever tennogen you buy through steam will still appear on the standalone once purchased.

pity you cant just buy the stuff via their workshop on the webpage @ https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=230410&browsesort=accepted&section=mtxitems&browsefilter=accepted&p=1

Edited by Methanoid

Il y a 3 heures, SephirothWS a dit :

So you don't have a problem with having to launch Steam to launch the game's launcher to launch the game? I'd rather keep it standalone and not need Steam running all the time. Thank you very much.

You don't need to do that amymore tho. You can directly start from launcher even if Steam is mot running, i do it all the time. 

While i see your frustration, remember that our standard client does not allow real money transactions, and thus porting the Tennogen items in the standard client would be basically a nightmare to implement because you'd have to make it different from any other arsenal aesthetic piece because you'd have to selectively disable purchases. 

It could backfire really quickly considering the amount of bugs this leviathan of a game has sometimes.

That said i would LOVE to have a captura-like environment where you can do fashion previews with all owned and purchaseable stuff, so you could basically test new looks properly with colours and all without being forced to purchase it first. 

5 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

And that's THE REASON WHY I don't understand why its so locked down to "steam only". We have all the files anyways.

probably because steam and the tennogen creators take their cuts for the sales and steam takes care of all that side, if DE took over that, thats more cost/people/aftersales required to deal with and pay for, whereas steam already have a system in place and take care of it all so that DE dont have too.

1 hour ago, SephirothWS said:

And that's THE REASON WHY I don't understand why its so locked down to "steam only". We have all the files anyways.

Because you can't use real money to buy stuff in the stand-alone version. You can only use platinum. Steam is there to process real-money-transactions.
It's really not that difficult to understand.

2 hours ago, SephirothWS said:

"Why can't I buy something that is sold through Steam without having to use Steam?"

Think about what you're asking.

The skins are literally being sold THROUGH STEAM. You can't buy them outside of Steam because they can't be sold outside of Steam. So no, it doesn't bother me that I have to go to the store that sells the item in order to buy the item in-game. Why would it?

Also, the Tennogen files are in the game files are in the game so they can actually be visible in-game. That has nothing to do with being able to sell them. In fact, there'd be an uproar if they weren't, since it would mean others cannot necessarily see your fashion- which is at least half the point of fashionframe.

Oh and iirc, the limited selection of Tennogen that makes it to console involves DE buying the rights from the creator so it can be sold outside of the Steam Store- and for plat instead of real money. Those contracts probably also have a "non-PC market" note on where they're allowed to sell it.

Edited by Eirshy