Jump to content

Is riven system balanced now?


Z3dShadows
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello people, 

Today i was checking my trade chat as always and i noticed something really good , All of the people are trading Gram,Phantasma,Arca plasmor, Rubico and some others Rivens for too much plat it can go up to 5~6k per mod. 

And others and may have better dispo and better stuff, Goes for 20~100 plat which is really unfair as what i can see that.

They are sold for too much because they're fulfilling the gap for a weapon like gram to be unstoppable force.. To be unbalanced. 

I want to hear from you guys, What do you think about the riven system and the riven trade now ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think rivens are alright, though the disposition should actively change rather than just be static values manually set by the devs. Riven disposition should factor in the people who have (or have recently had) X weapon versus how many commonly use said weapon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lanieu said:

No, Rivens should've never been created.

At the very least, separate them into their own trading tab!

I agree and also a fair pricing system, Yk.. Most of the players now Atrex or arca with gram .. Rubico too those are the highest value..

It need a huge rework

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kuestenjung said:

What I think about Rivens.

Nice to have one but it should have never happened.

Yeah I like my Kohm multishot/crit damage Riven but I'd rather them not be needed and not exist. Endlessly increasing an enemy's health/armor isn't good design.  I'd rather same health/armor at level 30 and level 100 but increased damage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Reefermun said:

I think rivens are alright, though the disposition should actively change rather than just be static values manually set by the devs. Riven disposition should factor in the people who have (or have recently had) X weapon versus how many commonly use said weapon.

Yess that's totally right when you have something like Gram where most of the people are using or zaw or pleague It needs to be balanced.

As myself i love orthos but because i can't see any orthos rivens and also orthos dispo is bad i play with it to low lvls 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lanieu said:

Yeah I like my Kohm multishot/crit damage Riven but I'd rather them not be needed and not exist. Endlessly increasing an enemy's health/armor isn't good design.  I'd rather same health/armor at level 30 and level 100 but increased damage

Maybe it's good idea, My main focus here is the riven and the riven trade system.. big failure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not a fan of the system myself as it lacks any real progression outside of rolling stats with immense RNG. I learned to embrace the system because it is highly profitable and you can pick up interesting mods, but I would like it to offer more for players who push their builds to the limit. For example, grind should be added to allow players to push their stats higher within the thresholds presented.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rivens in concept are fine (if you can live with their rng rerolling etc), the dispositions are where the issue lies (and will not likely be fixed due to the plat prices) and that's down purely to DE taking popularity into consideration, rather than just performance, when setting the values.  Luckily we don't actually NEED a riven for most weapons to be viable on the star chart. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just going to state my opinion to begin the conversation on a different foot; No riven is overpowered, we can currently do any content in game with most weapons with relative ease, without rivens. Endgame is not incentivised and is otherwise unincouraged, meaning that nothing in game is currently overpowered or even necessary for any content pushed in game currently. Rivens are simply a commodity and aren’t necessary what so ever. Further, I believe a nerf to dispositions is not necessary, however a buff to certain other dispositions would be much appreciated. Rather, I would like DE to release missions that actually allow veterans with rivens being the true end game, to complete that are challenging and allow for rivens to actually be of some use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rivens are a complete failure and a stain on the game as a whole. What could have been and was most likely intended to be the end-game weapon progression that allowed you to bring weapons you like the 'feel' of into late game content evolved into heavily exploited, poorly managed, cash grab. And those that defend Rivens are not only defending a broken system, but also holding back the possibility for Rivens to become what they were originally intended. Liking a broken thing is one thing I can appreciate, but clinging to that broken thing at the cost of greener pastures is horrible.

 

If you can't tell, I really don't like Rivens as they stand.

Edited by DrBorris
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree they might've been a bad idea in the beginning, but it's wrong to change it now IMO.

Anyways, right now is not the best time to sell good Rivens unless they are in high demand, but it means it's a great time to buy one. No reason to spend more than 200p on a strong disposition riven for a good weapon. You can get some really good rivens right now for cheap. I never care about the stuff everybody is trying to get. Why would I want a Gram Riven? It still won't be better than a Dokrahm or a Plague Kripath. Right now you can get one of those for 200p or less. People just get weird when a new weapon releases. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aside from the usual Powercrepe problems, the stinky stain left behind by Rivens is that Weapons eventually get significant Stat increased versions or just started with high Stats in the first place and in both cases may have high Riven Multipliers.
and so such Weapons just get the max of everything because reasons.

Riven Multipliers is nice in theory but since the game relies on shoveling out Powercreep to sell, that means that this isn't really gonna work, eh? what Riven Multiplier makes sense for one Weapon today will be stupid and making lots of Weapons irrelevant next month.

38 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

At the very least, separate them into their own trading tab!

that's not necessary anymore since you can apply Include and Exclude Filters on Trade Chat. *shrug*

1 minute ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Why would I want a Gram Riven? It still won't be better than a Dokrahm or a Plague Kripath. Right now you can get one of those for 200p or less. People just get weird when a new weapon releases. 

actually, Gram blows other Melee Weapons at the larger&heavier end of the spectrum out of the water due to having the highest Stats in the game and also having very good Rivens.
you can't make a better Heavy Zaw (it was possible previously, sure) than that because it has the best of everything and you can't do that with a Zaw. good luck having extremely high Crit AND Status along with having uncontested Base Damage when Zaws make you choose between at most 2/3 of these Stats and tanking the last. you can't even have the extremely high Crit in the first place anyways since Crit Damage can't be modified on Zaws.

Edited by taiiat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dislike rivens, but at the same time embraced them. 
Not only did they make me a ton of platinum, but I was able to make guns I enjoy more like Tysis/Acrid great again. 
They're a bane to the warframe community as they are 100% RNG in so many different over the top levels when rolling, but they are implemented wrong.

TL;DR: They are good and bad, but I don't think DE see either side of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

actually, Gram blows other Melee Weapons at the larger&heavier end of the spectrum out of the water due to having the highest Stats in the game and also having very good Rivens.
you can't make a better Heavy Zaw (it was possible previously, sure) than that because it has the best of everything and you can't do that with a Zaw. good luck having extremely high Crit AND Status along with having uncontested Base Damage when Zaws make you choose between at most 2/3 of these Stats and tanking the last. you can't even have the extremely high Crit in the first place anyways since Crit Damage can't be modified on Zaws.

The Grame Prime is very strong, but it literally doesn't come close to the DPS of certain Zaw builds. That was a range joke. It just can't keep up. That was a speed joke. 

Anyways, you can definitely make stronger Zaws. The thing about "DPS" is it doesn't need to sound better on paper for every single little thing. So just because you like the way the Gram's stats look. I love the way my Zawlatine Prime clears rooms and still has comparable base damage, crit, and decent enough status, but ridiculous range and higher attack speed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Anyways, you can definitely make stronger Zaws. The thing about "DPS" is it doesn't need to sound better on paper for every single little thing. So just because you like the way the Gram's stats look. I love the way my Zawlatine Prime clears rooms and still has comparable base damage, crit, and decent enough status, but ridiculous range and higher attack speed.

anything you can do with a Heavy Melee Zaw, Gram will do it better since its Riven Multiplier is massively higher. the same Riven Stats will perform better.
the only thing Gram is low on is Attack Speed but Berserkers' super broken math means everything can achieve very high Attack Speed anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lanieu said:

Yeah I like my Kohm multishot/crit damage Riven but I'd rather them not be needed and not exist. Endlessly increasing an enemy's health/armor isn't good design.  I'd rather same health/armor at level 30 and level 100 but increased damage

Having enemies infinitely scale isn't inherently bad design, especially with how much Warframes and their Weapons can scale. It's only bad design if players have no way to counteract it.

As long as we have fair and readily available scaling, I see it as the superior option for balance in this game, especially with how godly Warframes are supposed to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Z3dShadows said:

Hello people, 

Today i was checking my trade chat as always and i noticed something really good , All of the people are trading Gram,Phantasma,Arca plasmor, Rubico and some others Rivens for too much plat it can go up to 5~6k per mod. 

And others and may have better dispo and better stuff, Goes for 20~100 plat which is really unfair as what i can see that.

They are sold for too much because they're fulfilling the gap for a weapon like gram to be unstoppable force.. To be unbalanced. 

I want to hear from you guys, What do you think about the riven system and the riven trade now ? 

Don't use the trade chat; people significantly over charge.

Go here: https://www.wftrader.com/ and https://riven.market/

For everything else go to: https://warframe.market/

Edited by OriZulo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...