Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Consider your Players on the other side of the world

DracoRiff

If you're going to give out exclusive drops for Prime Time, can you at least allow people from this side of the world, who have a 12 hour difference from Canada, a chance to get it?

No, we cannot leave our computers on for it because I found out today that when the stream starts, it is blocked by a "this channel is intended for mature audiences" pop-up that needs to be clicked in order to count as watching. I went so far as to set up an alarm for 6.45am just to open the stream and I didn't get anything because of that pop-up.

It feels like DE isn't giving a damn about anyone outside of these time zones. The window for getting twitch drops from Prime Time is just too short. Missed the first half an hour? Too bad, you can't get anything even if you watched the second half of it. If it's already difficult for people in that time zone to get drops due to daily life, it's twice as hard for us.

Your players come from all over the world and you're putting zero effort into inclusion. At least offer a re-run in 12 hours where we can watch the stream to obtain the rewards. Or make it like previous events where it runs for more than a day.

The streams are not about the rewards, they are about their actual content. Twitch drops are minor added bonuses. It's not a major issue. Also your timezone isn't even so bad. The stream starts 7 am for you, that's a reasonable time. People in Eastern Europe are worse off.

Also I don't know, what pop-up you mean, as I have not seen this one.

19 minutes ago, DracoRiff said:

At least offer a re-run in 12 hours

This would make sense and probably not too complicated for them to do.

This last drop was at mid night for me, so I feel your pain.

Unless they do a re-run as you suggested, any time they pick for the live stream will always be a bad time for someone.

First I'm stick and tired of this complaining about time zones shtick people shouldn't expect developers to respect any timezone save for their own. That goes for a developer in your timezone as much as it goes for a developer half a globe away. Especially when everyone running Windows has the tools baked into their OS to "watch" the livestreams without the need to even be there.

Secondly the mature content warning only pops up once, unless you are clearing your browser cache/cookies. So as long as you've pressed it once you never have to press it again. Same goes for logging in to twitch, if you don't clear your settings you don't have to do it again. *Keep that in mind that is important*

Now I'm going to go over this once more time because it never seems to stick 

Task Scheduler 

It's baked into windows and it will launch programs and preform tasks for you. All you need to do is tell it to launch your browser to the Warframe Twitch page. As long as you aren't clearing your cache and are already logged in it will effectively count you as a viewer even without you being there. 

All you need to do is bring it up, click on Actions and select Create a Basic Task. 

1. Name the Task
  2. Select One Time
  3. Schedule the time for the task to start
  4. Select Start a Program
  5. Select your Browsers executable 
  6. Add the Argument         "https://twitch.tv/warframe"
  7. Confirm and click Finish

Your computer will now launch the your web browser and assuming you where already logged in to twitch and haven't been clearing your browser it will pop up with you logged in and stream the video. 

If you want to get really crafty you can also schedule you computer to shut down an hour after it started the streaming task. If you're really lazy you will create a batch file that does both of those things and just have the Task Scheduler run that batch file. 

Have an example batch file

Spoiler

start opera.exe "http://twitch.tv/warframe/"
shutdown.exe -s -t 3900

you're welcome. 

Edit:

Addendum: Two additional things you'll probably want to do is to turn off your screen saver, your screen itself can actually be off neither your computer nor Twitch will care but if your screensaver kicks in I'm pretty sure that the video will stop rendering at which point Twitch will care and they will stop counting you as a viewer. 

Similarly you will probably also want to change your power management settings ahead of time so that your computer either doesn't go into sleep/low power mode during the broadcast which could have a similar effect to the screensaver where the video will stop rendering and Twitch stops counting you as a viewer. You can set the task to wake the computer from sleep mode as long as sleep mode doesn't kick in again for at least an hour but that requires a few extra steps. 

Barring those two scenarios the only other thing(s) that would throw a wrench into setting your computer to view for you because you're asleep/at work is Twitch burping and messing up the video feed or your ISP. Which are bother rather outside of your control.  

Edited by Oreades

3 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Could they just make it so that as long as they watch 30 min of a Prime Time/Devstream they get the drop, whether it's live or not? Maybe just give it a certain window of time they have to watch it after it ends?

Then what stops me from getting 40 Exilus by leaving a devstream on all day?

38 minutes ago, Oreades said:

First I'm stick and tired of this complaining about time zones shtick people shouldn't expect developers to respect any timezone save for their own. That goes for a developer in your timezone as much as it goes for a developer half a globe away. Especially when everyone running Windows has the tools baked into their OS to "watch" the livestreams without the need to even be there.

Secondly the mature content warning only pops up once, unless you are clearing your browser cache/cookies. So as long as you've pressed it once you never have to press it again. Same goes for logging in to twitch, if you don't clear your settings you don't have to do it again. *Keep that in mind that is important*

Task Scheduler 

It's baked into windows and it will launch programs and preform tasks for you. All you need to do is tell it to launch your browser to the Warframe Twitch page. As long as you aren't clearing your cache and are already logged in it will effectively count you as a viewer even without you being there. 

All you need to do is bring it up, click on Actions and select Create a Basic Task. 

1. Name the Task
  2. Select One Time

Your computer will now launch the your web browser and assuming you where already logged in to twitch and haven't been clearing your browser it will pop up with you logged in and stream the video. 

If you want to get really crafty you can also schedule you computer to shut down an hour after it started the streaming task. If you're really lazy you will create a batch file that does both of those things and just have the Task Scheduler run that batch file. 

Reveal hidden contents

shutdown.exe -s -t 3900

you're welcome. 

This is actually a really good suggestion, I use task scheduler to shut down my computer for when I fall asleep listening to youtube.

On 2018-10-12 at 11:14 AM, Tylenol said:

Then what stops me from getting 40 Exilus by leaving a devstream on all day?

You only get a drop after watching at least 30 minutes. Furthermore, there really isn't much trouble in putting up a re-run that is 12 hours after. It's called inclusion. And everytime someone posts about this, some players on ET time will come in here crying about how we can do this or that just because they are in a better position. It doesn't kill anyone to put up a re-run but it certainly does inconvenience half the playerbase and leave them feeling like DE doesn't care.

Some of you need to learn some empathy.

On 2018-10-12 at 10:57 AM, Oreades said:

Task Scheduler 

1. Name the Task
  2. Select One Time

Reveal hidden contents

shutdown.exe -s -t 3900

you're welcome. 

Edit:

Addendum: Two additional things you'll probably want to do is to turn off your screen saver, your screen itself can actually be off neither your computer nor Twitch will care but if your screensaver kicks in I'm pretty sure that the video will stop rendering at which point Twitch will care and they will stop counting you as a viewer. 

Similarly you will probably also want to change your power management settings ahead of time so that your computer either doesn't go into sleep/low power mode during the broadcast which could have a similar effect to the screensaver where the video will stop rendering and Twitch stops counting you as a viewer. You can set the task to wake the computer from sleep mode as long as sleep mode doesn't kick in again for at least an hour but that requires a few extra steps. 

Barring those two scenarios the only other thing(s) that would throw a wrench into setting your computer to view for you because you're asleep/at work is Twitch burping and messing up the video feed or your ISP. Which are bother rather outside of your control.  

And I am sick and tired of people like you, who are already in a better off-position, coming into threads like these, where suggestions are being given to be inclusive of players. Does showing a rerun physically hurt you? NO. You have already received your rewards. But DE not even taking any small steps to include the other half of their playerbase certainly shows that they don't care.

We want to be able to join in on Prime Time, in fact, we even watch Prime Time during the day to see what goes on. Yet why is it that only ET players are rewarded whereas we have to jump through so many nooks and crannies just to get a reward?

As loyal players of the game, shouldn't we be given an opportunity to join in such moments like these? You are extremely selfish.

2 minutes ago, DracoRiff said:

And I am sick and tired of people like you, who are already in a better off-position, coming into threads like these, where suggestions are being given to be inclusive of players. Does showing a rerun physically hurt you? NO. You have already received your rewards. But DE not even taking any small steps to include the other half of their playerbase certainly shows that they don't care.

We want to be able to join in on Prime Time, in fact, we even watch Prime Time during the day to see what goes on. Yet why is it that only ET players are rewarded whereas we have to jump through so many nooks and crannies just to get a reward?

As loyal players of the game, shouldn't we be given an opportunity to join in such moments like these? You are extremely selfish.

They already have "reruns", they're called VoDs you can literally watch them any time. You're welcome. 

Your gripe is that it's inconvenient for you to watch live so you can get the drop and I literally told you how to get what you want. If you want to dig in your heels and refuse to take minimal steps to accomplish that...... more power to ya?

Also just so you're aware all of us ET people who are supposedly in a position to be "better off" can't always make the stream because newsflash scheduling conflicts. Want to take a wild guess what I do when I can't make the stream myself but there's a drop I want? Hmmmmmmm~ Wonder if it has something to do with the Task Manager and catching the VoD later?

Hm rewards are not even very awesome like 1000p. I get in 1 day If I like it! Just sell primed mods and leave all other alone weapons etc alone for ducat! Only leave vaulted warframes and weapons, but all others go for ducat at least for me. Every time Trader is here I take 6x of primed mods it they are like last time. Now 6 x 350p = 2100p, But I have all primed mods in game by 4-8x so calculate how much plats can I get.

I get at least 20K plats only from selling primed mods maxed and normal one. All other parts warframes etc. you need to find someone who need that frame but for mods can be used on any frame or on "all" weapons etc. For warframe I sell 1 per months or more, but mods I sell every day for at least 50p. One time I sell two primed maxed mod in 30 min 800p.

Like the other player say Prime Time is for see new features, skins, pictures etc. rewards is just bonus. Last time was Chroma Prime as reward so what ? I Farm it and in less then 1 day I had set easy as....

Normaly I watch Prime Time next day or... so I can skip if I dont like something...

This time I was lucky in radiant run.... I never go in a row and always as radiant share

CHROMA%20PRIME%20-%20Copy.png

Prime Time go live and it will never be changed for others timezones.

On 2018-10-13 at 12:22 PM, Oreades said:

They already have "reruns", they're called VoDs you can literally watch them any time. You're welcome. 

Your gripe is that it's inconvenient for you to watch live so you can get the drop and I literally told you how to get what you want. If you want to dig in your heels and refuse to take minimal steps to accomplish that...... more power to ya?

Also just so you're aware all of us ET people who are supposedly in a position to be "better off" can't always make the stream because newsflash scheduling conflicts. Want to take a wild guess what I do when I can't make the stream myself but there's a drop I want? Hmmmmmmm~ Wonder if it has something to do with the Task Manager and catching the VoD later?

Wow you literally ignored everything I just said. You're against this so you can keep your all so exclusive higher position because you're in a better time zone? Because you want to feel special that you can at least have a chance to be part of the rewards? There's literally no reason to oppose giving players a better chance to be part of the rewards and your only reason is that we can get it if we jump through multiple hoops. Get out of here. Inclusiveness means nothing to you apparently

Edited by DracoRiff

5 hours ago, DracoRiff said:

Wow you literally ignored everything I just said. You're against this so you can keep your all so exclusive higher position because you're in a better time zone? Because you want to feel special that you can at least have a chance to be part of the rewards? There's literally no reason to oppose giving players a better chance to be part of the rewards and your only reason is that we can get it if we jump through multiple hoops. Get out of here. Inclusiveness means nothing to you apparently

You got us, our sinister plot to keep other timezones down has been revealed~ Quickly brothers the battle is lost but the war shall be ours, let us away into the darkness to hatch our next sinister scheme~ 

On a more serious note....

All you're concerned with are the rewards and I literally taught you to fish (figuratively speaking) and your answer is essentially "How dare you, why should I be bothered when others should do it for me". I guess enjoy not going to sleep at a reasonable time and waking up to an email from Teshin with your sweet sweet Twitch loots when you log in in the morning? Just know that your ire is entirely self inflicted.