Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

iirediiapple

Login failed.Check your info.

This is happening to me...AGAIN...

Somewhere around October 20th was first time it happened.I have seen tutorials on how to fix this and some of the tutorials said that using VPN networks can fix this.I installed AVG SECURE VPN and it worked.But the problem was that there is no free VPN provider,only trial versions and using this VPN had very bad connection,I was getting "Network not responding" all the time.So after 4 days I sent support ticket with my EE logs.This is what I got as an answer few days later:

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

[DE]Nate (WARFRAME Support)

Oct 27, 14:05 EDT

Hello RistN,

It seems something on your PC is blocking the connection attempt (usually a firewall or other security program).

Please add an exception to all of your firewall and anti-virus software (including Windows Firewall) for the "Launcher.exe", "Warframe.x64.exe", and "Warframe.exe". Also please make sure to check your proxy settings: search for Internet Options on the Windows Control Panel, click on the “Connections – LAN Settings” tab and make sure that the “use automatic configuration script” and “proxy server” options are UN-checked.

Third-party programs running in the background can interfere with the normal functioning of Warframe and may even prevent it from running at all. By temporarily disabling these programs from booting, they can be eliminated as the source of the problem. Please try following the steps below:

1. Please press Windows key and R key on your keyboard at the same time
  2. In the new Run window popped up, type msconfig, and hit Enter
  3. On the General tab of the System configuration window, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box.
  4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
  5. Note: This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
  6. Click OK, and then click Restart.

When you boot your computer in Selective Startup, you are disabling every application that normally starts up with your computer. This may include firewall and security software that you would normally want to have on. After you are finished testing, you should re-enable your security software in msconfig.exe. Please follow these steps to reset the computer to start normally.

1. Please press Windows key and R key on your keyboard at the same time
  2. In the new Run window popped up, type msconfig, and hit Enter
  3. On the General tab of the System configuration window, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
  4. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Please let me know the results, thanks!

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I decided to do everything support told me step by step.First step:check if you can login before changing anything.And I logged in first time after 7 days without using VPN.It just fixed itself without me touching anything in any settings.I didnt change anything and it was the same game,I didnt do reinstall.It was clear that all of this was from DE's side.Date was 27th October.

On 15th November same thing starts happening.Before posting this I did everything what support told me (copy/paste text above) and nothing of this works.Day it happened I played Warframe somewhere around noon,turned of my PC,went to work and did my 8 hour shift,got back home and turned on my PC:Login failed.Check your info.No setting or whatever was changed in meanwhile and nobody else used my PC.

AFTER I EXPLAINED MY SITUATION AND FOR MANY OTHER PLAYERS I WOULD LIKE TO ASK [DE] FOR:

-If you have some issues please post something and give us heads up,if we have to wait for fix we will wait but we need to know and not do multiple reinstalls,cache optimizations and cache verifications.This all takes hours to do and your lack of informing us of potential problems is just making us waste hours of our lives without any resaults in fixing the problem.

-don't misguide players that some problems that you are very well aware of are caused from players side and make us change Windows or whatever else settings that won't change anything but may cause more other problems and...waste our time again.

PS

This issue seems to be influencing small number of players.Same players in my clan that had this issue around Oct 20 told me they cant login from around 2 days ago again.

Here are some links to other topics where players reported this across all platforms.Without DE saying anything about it ofc... :

It is an off-on thing, I was able to log in Afternoon and Evening yesterday but as of today, it keeps having "Login Failed, Check your Info" Im using the same password getting into this site and I got in fine, but somehow, its not working in game. Please can someone tell me a fix for this kind of thing? I login through Steam.