Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iirediiapple

14 minutes ago, HaVVocado said:

I've heard someone from USA reports in, some from EU, but the majority is yes, from SEA Incl. BNL to, Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Fits with https://downdetector.com/status/warframe/map/ Although I think most people probably go here first, then report it there. So it should be accurate, if you want to monitor the progress.

I see thanks for the info

@JCD89 @Aredator

here is copy/paste response from Steam support:

Hi there,

While I can certainly appreciate how inconvenient that is, I'm not able to offer troubleshooting regarding Warframe's content or their private servers but I am happy to help you get in contact with them for further assistance.  You can reach Warframe support by using the information from the Official Support section here.

As for the use of VPN or other IP proxying services, you can details about that in the Steam Subscriber Agreement 

Best Regards,
Paul

I found this in Steam subscriber agreement:

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, Valve may terminate your access to your Account.

Same as @JCD89 said...

So the best thing is not to use VPN with steam version of Warframe.

Got a reply from support:

[DE]Nathan (WARFRAME Support)

Nov 28, 14:12 EST

Hello TheRaineman,

I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to your ticket request. We are experiencing a temporary backlog in tickets right now and will get to your ticket as soon as we can. If the issue has been resolved please respond with This is now solved which will close the ticket.

If you are still experiencing log in issues please let us know. Also, if you have not done so already please make sure to send over the game logs requested in the automatic support email.

Please note, we received reports from the following regions of increased botnet traffic from some ISP connections disrupting regular log in attempts. Once this traffic subsides players in these affected regions will be able to get in again without any problems. If you have the option, you can confirm by trying to log in through an alternative ISP. Changing your IP through a VPN or some other method may also work to temporarily bypass the problem until normal traffic resumes.

Most heavily affected regions:

• Philippines
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Thailand
  • Czech Republic

Thank you for your cooperation and patience here.

Well, gotta hand it to that data map tracker, it's pretty close.

1 hour ago, HaVVocado said:

Personally, I think it's less about "not having the capacity" but more about "handling the sudden spike" of users online. I'm not going to label what they did or did not do, but I'll left that up to you to think of "what happened". I think it's pretty crystal <insert 7 glory letters of swearing> clear.

I thought the same as you ,you just said it better.Those spikes always naturally happen whenever new big update is out. Usually everyone has connection issues but I just had conspiracy theory that DE just said enough with this,we will just ban bunch of players randomly so others don't have any problems.That theory led me to belive our ip is banned and I was right...

I also wouldn't be suprised if this just goes away when things get back to normal.

I am only afraid that this will become their policy and that group of players will get banned whenever new updat3 comes.They are silent about this matter and that is not good.

As for regions,I think all are affected.I am from Europe and as I already mentioned servers on Kaspersky Secure connection vpn that are in UK,Netherlands and Germany also have their ip banned by DE.

• Philippines
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Thailand
  • Czech Republic

Low conversion region? Are they focusing on regions that spend more in game?

4 hours ago, RistN said:

I thought the same as you ,you just said it better.Those spikes always naturally happen whenever new big update is out. Usually everyone has connection issues but I just had conspiracy theory that DE just said enough with this,we will just ban bunch of players randomly so others don't have any problems.That theory led me to belive our ip is banned and I was right...

I also wouldn't be suprised if this just goes away when things get back to normal.

I am only afraid that this will become their policy and that group of players will get banned whenever new updat3 comes.They are silent about this matter and that is not good.

As for regions,I think all are affected.I am from Europe and as I already mentioned servers on Kaspersky Secure connection vpn that are in UK,Netherlands and Germany also have their ip banned by DE.

I see. But one thing's for sure tho,

They can't keep doing this forever if they keep uhh "bragging" about their user count every anniversary. It's just like a time bomb waiting to explode.

Please note, we received reports from the following regions of increased botnet traffic from some ISP connections disrupting regular log in attempts. Once this traffic subsides players in these affected regions will be able to get in again without any problems. If you have the option, you can confirm by trying to log in through an alternative ISP. Changing your IP through a VPN or some other method may also work to temporarily bypass the problem until normal traffic resumes.

• Philippines
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Thailand
  • Czech Republic

Botnets Traffic? Yeah well, when you consider the population count, that's a lot of botnets :clem:

Spoiler

xDmjllR.png

Coincidence? I don't think so. That's a THIRD of the world population! Silver lining; well, at least the Chinese got their own servers. 

Gotta hand it to them, Czech Republic is not one that I expected like, at all. And it's odd that it's the only non-asian country there. Maybe the botnets HQ? :clem::clem:

Well, repeatedly trying to login sounds like what botnets would do though, so I can't blame them. It IS partly our fault... :clem::clem::clem:

In all seriousness, I still take their word for it. At the very least, that's an official response right? So we just gotta wait until "normal traffic" resumes a.k.a. when the people that got randomly banned gave up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:platinum:Well, there you have it guys:platinum:Don't take this post too seriously 'cause at very end, it's just a theory.

so basically we gotta forget warframe and just come back.. someday in hopes that we are finally able to login..

• Philippines
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Thailand
  • Czech Republic

Thank you for your cooperation and patience here.

Well F, i am in Indonesia and use Steam version of warframe, well have to forget warframe, it's been 6 days now and no feedback from warframe directly to my support account and probably just do another game. And i am sure DE will not tell when this is solve. At least i know that something is wrong and it is not from client side

Well i'm from Russia, but my friends from different cities are fine. I doubt it's about conversion but lack of action from DE speaks volumes.

Requesting DE to make sure THIS login issue is fixed before you guys take a vacation break during this month for Christmas.. Please don't let Us 'login fail' affected players to have a bad christmas and then go enjoy your holidays.. 

Just please find a fix soon.. And Im sure the most loyal of warframe gamers are the ones who are requesting for help for login fail error.

DE, please fix this login fail issue its already been weeks for some of them and its going to me my 2nd week of continuous login fails. (And no I dont wanna use VPN or anything else so please fix this for everyone affected by this login)

Thank you. 

P.S. 

Already tried support and they cant help us with this is the reply we all might have got so upto you now to give us a happy christmas.

Thank you again @ DE

This last hotfix gave me this issue. Now I can't log in no matter what I do, tells me my info is wrong. Fun fact: if I intentionally put in my password wrong, it immediately tells me wrong info, if I put in the right info, it takes ~3 minutes to tell me wrong info.

I don't think DE has any plans on fixing this on their end based on their responses from support and their silence on this month old thread. 

I have given up and purchased a VPN, I guess I love this game to the point that I'm willing to shell out a bit per month just to play.

Now I just hope DE doesn't IP block my VPN. If that happens though, I guess I'm done.

I'm gonna have to post here every day until I get my account back.
If I'm gone for more than a day. Either it got fixed, gave up on WF or died.

This is annoying. Luckily I haven't invested any time or money into this game. Its disappointing how DE continues to neglect the Asian markets- where all the money's at. smh

I am from Indonesia and I have this happen to me too, but I just need to restart modem until I get an IP address that is not behind an ISP NAT or the so called double NAT, usually it would still let me play Warframe but just says that my connection is not open, this time I outright can't play with the bad IP address.

Example of this would be, if you search for your ip online it would shows a different value than that shown on your router.

1 hour ago, AlterYume said:

I am from Indonesia and I have this happen to me too, but I just need to restart modem until I get an IP address that is not behind an ISP NAT or the so called double NAT, usually it would still let me play Warframe but just says that my connection is not open, this time I outright can't play with the bad IP address.

Example of this would be, if you search for your ip online it would shows a different value than that shown on your router.

This is literally not a solution, based on my experience you have to do this again in the next day, i have to do the same thing again and again, i know that if we can solve it by ourselves we should do it but for me this should not be overlooked by DE just because us players can do things to solve this ourselves

24 minutes ago, megamino said:

This is literally not a solution, based on my experience you have to do this again in the next day, i have to do the same thing again and again, i know that if we can solve it by ourselves we should do it but for me this should not be overlooked by DE just because us players can do things to solve this ourselves

I am not saying this is a solution and we should be done with it, it's just something I noticed and can be helpful if you want to play the game now (if you don't know already that is). As some people have went as far as to use VPN to bypass it, It's the same non-solution method and maybe DE can take something from this, who knows. I am just trying to help.