Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

changing abilities

(PSN)bdr1414

when I used revenant for the first time, a lot of his abilities seemed like reskin of older abilities 

NYX's mind control

Mesa's shield with the augment

Wukong's cloud that actually does something

since all frames have a theme associated with it (eg. ember : fire , frost : ice , atlas : rock , hydroid : water )  instead of releasing a new frame every few months , why not release a new ability for older frames and then the player can customize it's abilities similar to ability mods for sentinels but it'll have its own mod slots separate from the regular mod slots 

any frame can have a maximum of 4 abilities equipped, but the player can also choose to build for less, or even play with no abilities equipped, if a frame is running with less than 4 abilities it should get some buffs based on the number of abilities dropped 

so if a frame is running with 3 abilities equipped it'll get +25 base health , if it's running with 2 it'll get an extra +25 base energy

and every time a new ability is released it should be available in inventory or can be bought from the market with credit

Even though I prefer having new frames released over new abilities for old frames, I like your idea about being able to disable abilities and gain buffs for that, especially if those buffs would be significant enough for base health and armor. I would disable quite a bit of abilities for that, first from Inaros.

DE have so much going on that you wouldn't implement this this year nor the next. And I'm sure someone comes with valid reasons to dismiss this idea as usual, but I see nothing wrong with it.

On 2018-10-12 at 11:34 AM, (PS4)bdr1414 said:

when I used revenant for the first time, a lot of his abilities seemed like reskin of older abilities 

NYX's mind control

Mesa's shield with the augment

Wukong's cloud that actually does something

since all frames have a theme associated with it (eg. ember : fire , frost : ice , atlas : rock , hydroid : water )  instead of releasing a new frame every few months , why not release a new ability for older frames and then the player can customize it's abilities similar to ability mods for sentinels but it'll have its own mod slots separate from the regular mod slots 

any frame can have a maximum of 4 abilities equipped, but the player can also choose to build for less, or even play with no abilities equipped, if a frame is running with less than 4 abilities it should get some buffs based on the number of abilities dropped 

so if a frame is running with 3 abilities equipped it'll get +25 base health , if it's running with 2 it'll get an extra +25 base energy

and every time a new ability is released it should be available in inventory or can be bought from the market with credit

It would be a really great feature. We can equip different focus schools for operators afterall. And we have modular melee weapons, modular secondaries coming soon. So why not modular warframes? 

well my idea is that you don't have to farm the ability mods or rank them .. once you build build the warframe it'll be available in the moding screen and it'll have its own mod slots 

the whole idea is to give the possibility to release new abilities for older frames .. take vauban, his whole kit is based on massive cc and now everyone wants a rework .. but some still like their cc builds so why not rework some of them and release some new abilities that can do damage or debuff or support

4 hours ago, (PS4)bdr1414 said:

well my idea is that you don't have to farm the ability mods or rank them .. once you build build the warframe it'll be available in the moding screen and it'll have its own mod slots 

the whole idea is to give the possibility to release new abilities for older frames .. take vauban, his whole kit is based on massive cc and now everyone wants a rework .. but some still like their cc builds so why not rework some of them and release some new abilities that can do damage or debuff or support

Eh, that really only makes more balancing issues for them, now having to account for 5 different variations of a frame than one if it they get one new ability. And your still gonna run into the same problem DE dropped removable abilities because, players dropping every ability but one and abilities that will be ignored no matter what. It's far easier for them to just rework a frame to make those abilities worth it imo than release a new ability, make sure it balanced and works right, and still leave that undesirable ability in the same state. The idea is interesting, but would require them reverting back to a pseudo-Modding 1.0, and I just don't see that happening.

Edited by Atsia