Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theory on the lotus's real goal

dangerdragon117

No. Doesnt make sense at all.

The Sentients pushed the Orokin back HARD. The only thing staying in their way was the Tenno.

Lotus had the lives of the greatest threat to her people in the palm of her hand and decided to protect them.

What you wonder is like a plot to assassinate someone, have the target at the assassin's mercy, the assassin releases them instead, while screamming who he works for, then come back later with an army to kill said target they had at their mercy.

Edited by Kaotyke

14 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

What if the reason the lotus got us fighting corpus and grineer was to weaken them so the sentients can invade? We keep them fighting but take away all the secret weapons that could pose a threat to the sentients and just leave them like that. what if this was planned all along?

I don't think so - i think she is genuinely conflicted, she loves the Tenno. Ballus tricked her, and the sentients have managed to 'recondition' her as Hunhow threatened in 'Natah'.

I imagine in the course of the New War that a large part of the story will be turning her back.

Also another possibility is - this is part of her plan. She often keeps things from us, even to the extreme. I don't think this is the case, but also wouldn't be surprised if it was.

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

The Sentients pushed the Orokin back HARD. The only thing staying in their way was the Tenno.

Lotus had the lives of the greatest threat to her people in the palm of her hand and decided to protect them.

What you wonder is like a plot to assassinate someone, have the target at the assassin's mercy, the assassin releases them instead, while screamming who he works for, then come back later with an army to kill said target they had at their mercy.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

I don't think so - i think she is genuinely conflicted, she loves the Tenno. Ballus tricked her, and the sentients have managed to 'recondition' her as Hunhow threatened in 'Natah'.

I imagine in the course of the New War that a large part of the story will be turning her back.

Also another possibility is - this is part of her plan. She often keeps things from us, even to the extreme. I don't think this is the case, but also wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Remember what ballas said though? he was working FOR the lotus... the lotus called for ballas and the lotus hired him.

1 minute ago, dangerdragon117 said:

What if the reason the lotus got us fighting corpus and grineer was to weaken them so the sentients can invade? We keep them fighting but take away all the secret weapons that could pose a threat to the sentients and just leave them like that. what if this was planned all along?

Their heavy units have significant difficulties taking on the vomvalysts on the plains. 

I really wouldn't give them very good odds against the sentient drones we run into. Do you think they'd be worth much against the Eidolons? Or the fully formed sentient that the Eidolons are fragments of? 

The sentient plan was for us to take out everything from the top down, and then we were to be.... Dealt with before they arrived. 

The Lotus hid us, protected us from them all of this time, hundreds of years, and built a network to help keep the balance in the solar system. We have allied with factions of the Grineer and the Corpus, who have access to even better versions of the basic weapons. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

And we now know that Sentients can.... Enthrall victims to do their bidding. I figure that may be what has happened. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Their heavy units have significant difficulties taking on the vomvalysts on the plains. 

I really wouldn't give them very good odds against the sentient drones we run into. Do you think they'd be worth much against the Eidolons? Or the fully formed sentient that the Eidolons are fragments of? 

The sentient plan was for us to take out everything from the top down, and then we were to be.... Dealt with before they arrived. 

The Lotus hid us, protected us from them all of this time, hundreds of years, and built a network to help keep the balance in the solar system. We have allied with factions of the Grineer and the Corpus, who have access to even better versions of the basic weapons. 

And we now know that Sentients can.... Enthrall victims to do their bidding. I figure that may be what has happened. 

The fomorians, the razorback, the tubemen and the fact that vay hek was trying to steal the sentients power. remember the tools to fight the eidolons are grineer made. The looming threat of extinction would have also likely united the origin system.there's plenty of ways the system could have fought back...

12 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

Remember what ballas said though? he was working FOR the lotus... the lotus called for ballas and the lotus hired him.

Did he specify the Lotus?

All he said was "Her". "She." Pronouns, not names. And Lotus specified "Mother." Last time I checked, Mothers are generally 'She'. We have two candidates.

And another thing.

"The Lotus seduced the Tenno. Led them down a complacent path like oxen." ~ Teshin, speaking to the Tenno.

"They seduced you. Used you. Took away your fire." ~ Mysterious voice in the New War Trailer, presumed to be Mother, speaking to Lotus.

Apparently, both sides need convincing the other side betrayed them...

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Aren't the Edilon essentially ghostly remains of massive sentience? There power was so great it remains active at night even beyond death. 

But you don't mention the small ones in Lua that easily manage both factions as well at the same time. 

But to be fair I wouldn't consider Revenant direct sentient power,  but sentient influence, the Warframe was not designed this way nor was it upgraded from my understanding.  It evolved with what was around it. 

But Chroma is similar, I personally am a little sceptical, but he wears a sentient hide that he can reanimate at will,  which is way to specific of a power to be by chance,  Nekros can't use sentient souls...  Unless we see full versions of his hide on the Tau system his hide has to be another Warframe... It would simply be much easier for Helmnith to convert said powers. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

But Chroma is similar, I personally am a little sceptical, but he wears a sentient hide that he can reanimate at will,  which is way to specific of a power to be by chance,  Nekros can't use sentient souls...  Unless we see full versions of his hide on the Tau system his hide has to be another Warframe... It would simply be much easier for Helmnith to convert said powers. 

I heard that Nekros can in fact shadow sentients, although In fairness I've yet to personally test this.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Correction - we know Revenant can do that. We also know Revenant was another frame with different powers before that. We don't know whether or not the Enthralling is something that he got from being smothered in Eidolon goo or not. For that matter, the Eidolon goo is a complete unknown up to this point - we've never seen anything like it before it, and we know that Eidolons got hit by some kind of bomb. Given the abundance of electromagnetic radiation on the plains - the magnetic effects on the water - it may have been a nuke, in which case, it's unlikely that's a universal property of sentients.

21 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Actually, it makes sense if Natah is caught in a subconscious Transference loop; essentially asleep and influencining her Lotus persona to create an insurgency.  

If Natah is the evolution of her father’s purpose (Hunhow)...”War” and extinction of the enemy...then Natah is a surgical instrument of precise death vs her father’s tactics of overwhelming brute force.

If she, then, is the ultimate infiltration unit, then she literally assumes Margulis identity and puts herself to sleep to stop any chance of detection and to fully commandeer the Tenno as her scalpel.

And the Orokin are GONE.  The Sentients WON with the only caveat being her Lotus persona as influenced by Margulis wouldn’t let her finish the Tenno.

”Dream...not of what you are...but what you want to be.”

The barren Natah put herself into dreamsleep to become Lotus the Tenno Maitriarch.  But she is awake now...and the Infiltrator side has re-asserted itself.  

She did not hesitate to try and kill you.

1 minute ago, dangerdragon117 said:

19 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

The fomorians, the razorback, the tubemen and the fact that vay hek was trying to steal the sentients power. remember the tools to fight the eidolons are grineer made. The looming threat of extinction would have also likely united the origin system.there's plenty of ways the system could have fought back...

No and no.

It doesnt make sense.

The Orokin were DEAD, no one but the upper chancelons of the Orokin could use the technology since it was genetic coded.

The Empire was in ruins, their leaders dead, colonies scattered, the Grineer just started their rebelion and were not united under a single banner, the Corpus didnt exist, the Infested were driven back to the derelitcs. WHY want for those to regain and amass power before attacking?

In Natah and The Second Dream cleary states how it would all end: Sentient complete victory:

• Ballas becomes delusioned with the Empire that killed his lover, Margulis.
  • Ballas turns traitor and gives Hunhow the location and the truth of the weakness of the Sentients' most feared enemy.
  • Hunhow, instead of going on a full front assault and suffer more casualities, decides to send his daughter, Natah, and sabotage the Orokin from within.
  • Ballas helps Natah infiltrate.
  • Natah gets Margulis' form and becomes the Lotus.
  • Lotus gets close to the Tenno and gains simpathy for them, she eventually sees them as the children she could never have.
  • Hunhow allows the Orokin and the Tenno to "kill" him, making him lie dormant in the depts of URanus, waiting for Natah to complete the "sequence".
  • The Sentient leader presumed dead, the Orokin throw a system wide victory party, unware of the deceit.
  • The Tenno, likely urged by Natah, betray the Orokin at that moment, the head of the snake was cut. Now... Natah had to dispose of head itself since it could still bite: the Tenno. Once she did it... the major threat to the Sentients would be gone. She would search her father, awaken him and the War would resume, and this time, it would be a complete slaughter ending with Sentient victory...
  • But that didnt happen. Natah became the mask, she came to love with the only thing standing between her people and victory.
  • She puts the Moon, where the true Tenno are, into the Void, where no Sentient can go.
  • She doesnt wake her father.
  • And as the growing powers of the Corpus and Grineer find the Warframes Cryopods and kills them, Lotus sees the only means for her to safely interact with "her" children  being destroyed... she starts to awake them so they can actually defend themselves.
  • Lotus has her true nature discovered (Natah), she has to bring the Tenno back to real space (TSD)...
  • But then a wild Ballas appears from the tall grass and rips the mask out of Lotus' eyes... Lotus is gone, only Natah remains.
  • Natah returns to the Sentients... but is seemly confused, she has been the mask for too long... what will result from that? We will find out in The New War.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Actually, it makes sense if Natah is caught in a subconscious Transference loop; essentially asleep and influencining her Lotus persona to create an insurgency.  

If Natah is the evolution of her father’s purpose (Hunhow)...”War” and extinction of the enemy...then Natah is a surgical instrument of precise death vs her father’s tactics of overwhelming brute force.

If she, then, is the ultimate infiltration unit, then she literally assumes Margulis identity and puts herself to sleep to stop any chance of detection and to fully commandeer the Tenno as her scalpel.

And the Orokin are GONE.  The Sentients WON with the only caveat being her Lotus persona as influenced by Margulis wouldn’t let her finish the Tenno.

”Dream...not of what you are...but what you want to be.”

The barren Natah put herself into dreamsleep to become Lotus the Tenno Maitriarch.  But she is awake now...and the Infiltrator side has re-asserted itself.  

She did not hesitate to try and kill you.

This I can accept. What I said above: the mask of being Lotus is gone, only Natah remains and the War resumes.

But the OP is going on about all of that being intentional: Instead of just claiming victory when the Empire was in ruins, Natah let them rebuild themselves before reutning to the Sentiens to restart the War. THAT I can not and will not accept.

Like I said, its like having a war, the spy sabotages the enemy army and the enemy country crumbles and instead of dealing the final blow or taking over, you wait for the remnants to rebuild and grow strong before attacking again.

Repeat: does not make sense.

1 hour ago, dangerdragon117 said:

A small number of us can take on their largest threats. They have the weapons, but only the very highest levels in large numbers, are significant threats to us. 

If they didn't have to face the threat of our existence, it's unlikely that they would even have those weapons. 

57 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Correction - we know Revenant can do that. We also know Revenant was another frame with different powers before that. We don't know whether or not the Enthralling is something that he got from being smothered in Eidolon goo or not. For that matter, the Eidolon goo is a complete unknown up to this point - we've never seen anything like it before it, and we know that Eidolons got hit by some kind of bomb. Given the abundance of electromagnetic radiation on the plains - the magnetic effects on the water - it may have been a nuke, in which case, it's unlikely that's a universal property of sentients.

I don't think that it's universal at all. Otherwise we'd be in a lot of trouble every time we visit lua and the plains. Even if EM radiation is needed to combine with sentient abilities, Ballas did something that sent out a pulse that affected our operators too. 

They also adapt and use technology against their enemies. Transference is a form of controlling specific targets that uses an installed bolt. (Why do the ravenous golden maws have these?) The Lotus was in a cradle like what we use, perhaps she has a bolt? 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Aren't the Edilon essentially ghostly remains of massive sentience? There power was so great it remains active at night even beyond death. 

But you don't mention the small ones in Lua that easily manage both factions as well at the same time. 

The ones in Lua are the drones I mentioned. The Eidolons are fragments of the Sentient that Gara blew up as far as I know. They are supposedly looking for their other missing parts. I don't know what might happen if all three were ever in one place at the same time. I don't think that I'd like to be around if it happened, but I know that there are Tenno who would welcome the challenge. 😁

20 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

-snip-

Agreed. 

^^^ Almost there! Also, can the "content drought" threads be counted as "DE sucks" threads? you'd have ONE FUUUUUL ROWWWW then! hooray!

to be back on topic, the curious thing i find is how the Infested factor into the equation. After all, the Infested, as of now, are capable of mass-producing obscenely powerful units. (I'm looking at you, stupid Lephantis larvae) Also, the "leaders" of them have sentience, and know about the Tenno perfectly well. They, in fact, have a larger presence on the Origin system than the Sentients. (Eris, with planet-sized infested biomass sticking out?) So why is it that the "Mother" thinks it rather apt to amass an army to take out a few threats, when such might arouse the attention of the Infested as a potential incursion? 

I'm focusing on "The New War" here, just to clarify. Sorry for being rather confusing here, i'm having problems formulating my thoughts. But anyway, i'm rather skeptical that the entire army is just to take out the Tenno. It doesn't make sense. What if there's something else they're focusing on? I know this doesn't really pertain to the topic of lotus intentions bla bla bla, but more of the Sentients as a whole. ;'p

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The ones in Lua are the drones I mentioned. The Eidolons are fragments of the Sentient that Gara blew up as far as I know. They are supposedly looking for their other missing parts. I don't know what might happen if all three were ever in one place at the same time. I don't think that I'd like to be around if it happened, but I know that there are Tenno who would welcome the challenge. 

Not at all sure how I chopped that up while I read it. 

Didn't the Revenant quest end up saying...  Revenant was this "great sentient" That Gara defeated? 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The ones in Lua are the drones I mentioned. The Eidolons are fragments of the Sentient that Gara blew up as far as I know. They are supposedly looking for their other missing parts. I don't know what might happen if all three were ever in one place at the same time. I don't think that I'd like to be around if it happened, but I know that there are Tenno who would welcome the challenge. 😁

Agreed. 

Correction- Terry, Gary and Harry are not the fragments of the Sentient. Every. Single. Eidolon is one. all the thousands of hydrolysts, teralysts, vomvalysts and gantulysts have ALL been part of one Sentient. That's a rather sordid thought. I'm also wondering where Gara got a nuke that bloody big.

The EM cannot be caused by void energy. Because frames literally function on void energy, it'd instead supercharge us. I believe that Sentient energy and void energy are like antimatter and matter- they neutralize, which explains the massive energy drain, because nuking a sentient large enough to leave those bones lying around would leave a whole LOT of energy. now why Revenant wasn't blown up i have no idea.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

A small number of us can take on their largest threats. They have the weapons, but only the very highest levels in large numbers, are significant threats to us. 

If they didn't have to face the threat of our existence, it's unlikely that they would even have those weapons. 

I don't think that it's universal at all. Otherwise we'd be in a lot of trouble every time we visit lua and the plains. Even if EM radiation is needed to combine with sentient abilities, Ballas did something that sent out a pulse that affected our operators too. 

They also adapt and use technology against their enemies. Transference is a form of controlling specific targets that uses an installed bolt. (Why do the ravenous golden maws have these?) The Lotus was in a cradle like what we use, perhaps she has a bolt? 

The ones in Lua are the drones I mentioned. The Eidolons are fragments of the Sentient that Gara blew up as far as I know. They are supposedly looking for their other missing parts. I don't know what might happen if all three were ever in one place at the same time. I don't think that I'd like to be around if it happened, but I know that there are Tenno who would welcome the challenge😁

Agreed. 

Future endgame content, perhaps?

The Eidolons do a Power Rangers type thing and combine together to form...a Megalyst(?) combining the powers of all 3 individual -lysts ?

Edited by FlusteredFerret

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Didn't the Revenant quest end up saying...  Revenant was this "great sentient" That Gara defeated? 

No. Revenant was something else, as described by the quest. Essentially he was like Rell, charged with protection the Universe, by playing a never-ending game of whack-a-mole. 

32 minutes ago, VitasEtMortem said:

Correction- Terry, Gary and Harry are not the fragments of the Sentient. Every. Single. Eidolon is one. all the thousands of hydrolysts, teralysts, vomvalysts and gantulysts have ALL been part of one Sentient. That's a rather sordid thought. I'm also wondering where Gara got a nuke that bloody big.

What makes you think that there's more than one of each? They emerge and take form, we shatter that form, they return to wherever they go to during the day to lick their wounds and will return when they've had a chance to rest up and maybe have a cup of tea and a biscuit. 

There's never more than one of each at a time, though it would save time on Terry hunts. 

And I don't know but I think that Gara was the bomb. 

25 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Future endgame content, perhaps?

Not sure. Maybe you should ask Nakak. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

No. Revenant was called "The Warden", he would kill the Eidolons as they emerged. He was a Warframe/Tenno that came to the plains after Gara's sacrifice.

He tried to do something different with the Eidolon and instead of it emerging, it pulled him under.

5 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

No and no.

It doesnt make sense.

The Orokin were DEAD, no one but the upper chancelons of the Orokin could use the technology since it was genetic coded.

The Empire was in ruins, their leaders dead, colonies scattered, the Grineer just started their rebelion and were not united under a single banner, the Corpus didnt exist, the Infested were driven back to the derelitcs. WHY want for those to regain and amass power before attacking?

In Natah and The Second Dream cleary states how it would all end: Sentient complete victory:

• Ballas becomes delusioned with the Empire that killed his lover, Margulis.
  • Ballas turns traitor and gives Hunhow the location and the truth of the weakness of the Sentients' most feared enemy.
  • Hunhow, instead of going on a full front assault and suffer more casualities, decides to send his daughter, Natah, and sabotage the Orokin from within.
  • Ballas helps Natah infiltrate.
  • Natah gets Margulis' form and becomes the Lotus.
  • Lotus gets close to the Tenno and gains simpathy for them, she eventually sees them as the children she could never have.
  • Hunhow allows the Orokin and the Tenno to "kill" him, making him lie dormant in the depts of URanus, waiting for Natah to complete the "sequence".
  • The Sentient leader presumed dead, the Orokin throw a system wide victory party, unware of the deceit.
  • The Tenno, likely urged by Natah, betray the Orokin at that moment, the head of the snake was cut. Now... Natah had to dispose of head itself since it could still bite: the Tenno. Once she did it... the major threat to the Sentients would be gone. She would search her father, awaken him and the War would resume, and this time, it would be a complete slaughter ending with Sentient victory...
  • But that didnt happen. Natah became the mask, she came to love with the only thing standing between her people and victory.
  • She puts the Moon, where the true Tenno are, into the Void, where no Sentient can go.
  • She doesnt wake her father.
  • And as the growing powers of the Corpus and Grineer find the Warframes Cryopods and kills them, Lotus sees the only means for her to safely interact with "her" children  being destroyed... she starts to awake them so they can actually defend themselves.
  • Lotus has her true nature discovered (Natah), she has to bring the Tenno back to real space (TSD)...
  • But then a wild Ballas appears from the tall grass and rips the mask out of Lotus' eyes... Lotus is gone, only Natah remains.
  • Natah returns to the Sentients... but is seemly confused, she has been the mask for too long... what will result from that? We will find out in The New War.

This I can accept. What I said above: the mask of being Lotus is gone, only Natah remains and the War resumes.

But the OP is going on about all of that being intentional: Instead of just claiming victory when the Empire was in ruins, Natah let them rebuild themselves before reutning to the Sentiens to restart the War. THAT I can not and will not accept.

Like I said, its like having a war, the spy sabotages the enemy army and the enemy country crumbles and instead of dealing the final blow or taking over, you wait for the remnants to rebuild and grow strong before attacking again.

Maybe they don't see us as a threat? Hunhow was and is still toying with us.

Maybe they were waiting for all the orokin to perish and remember the sentients can't use the void so it would have taken a long time to get here. perhaps during our sleep the sentients were in transit and the lotus, seeing us as already under her control, decides to use us to clean up the stragglers so they can pick up the pieces.

the problem is that it fits too easily...

Edited by dangerdragon117

10 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

Maybe they were waiting for all the orokin to perish and remember the sentients can't use the void so it would have taken a long time to get here. perhaps during our sleep the sentients were in transit and the lotus, seeing us as already under her control, decides to use us to clean up the stragglers so they can pick up the pieces.

Sure, the Tenno, called the "most feared enemy" of the Sentients, not a threat... sure. sure. To the point where Hunhow's plan was to crush the Moon with the Void's weight, to kill the source of the Tenno power when they were powerless and defenceless at the crade in the Reservoirs. Yeah, what a nice joke.

wash-hands.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Sure, the Tenno, called the "most feared enemy" of the Sentients, not a threat... sure. sure. To the point where Hunhow's plan was to crush the Moon with the Void's weight, to kill the source of the Tenno power when they were powerless and defenceless at the crade in the Reservoirs. Yeah, what a nice joke.

wash-hands.jpg

Its just a theory mate.

maybe I was just hoping for something more. I can see how I was wrong on that one.... but then we have hunhow who got defeated by dancing, so sentients are no strangers to incompetence.

6 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

You're trying to argue that Hunhow doesn't consider the Tenno are a threat...when he literally acts for the sole goal currently to eliminate them as the last real obstacle to succeeding in his original task of defeating the Orokin? His deal with Ballas involved gaining the information to overcome these enemies they couldn't best otherwise, at the very least.

Bear in mind that were it not for the Tenno and their Warframes, the Sentient had the Orokin dead to rights. And to a point they can use the Void, at great cost: Void travel rendered Hunhow, Natah and whatever became the Eidolon, incapable of "reproducing" any longer. Extended exposure is likely where it becomes more outright lethal, hence why Hunhow had to shield his Battalysts and Conculysts during Octavia's Anthem.

When you then factor in that the only surviving Orokin, Executor Ballas himself, the traitor, also puts it the actual objective of ending the Orokin Empire as ultimately successful. Even the Queens are a fraction of the potential power they could have with true Orokin means at their disposal. The Sentient achieved arguably all but one of their war objectives, that being the elimination of the Tenno from the field of play.

Keeping the Tenno around ultimately makes no logical sense for Natah to do from a tactical stand point. Anything that could try and oppose the Sentient would be outmatched through sheer technological and adaptive capabilities. The Orokin resorted to the Tenno and the Warframes as a last resort, more than anything else. Any Orokin remnants could be dealt with by sheer bulk of Sentient drone fighters if need be.

It's like Isildur's failure to destroy the One Ring; unwise to the extreme, it almost damns the entirety of Middle Earth to endless torment and horror at the hands of Sauron further down the line. Similarly, Natah not destroying the Tenno when she had the ultimate chance, endangers every Sentient objective until something gives. It's not like another one is going to come along to have them quietly lie down and die so Hunhow and the like can move unopposed.