What should I make my loadouts for?

Keretor_Prime

Question

So i've been using the same format for my loadouts for the 400 hours i've played this game, which is one built for each race, so is that a good idea? Because that sure gets messy when going to void fissures, since there's always grinner and corpus there no matter what planet it's in. (and that one infested too). I dunno, i just can't think of any other thing to base my loadouts around, aside from farming, of course.

Edited by KeretorGamer

5 answers to this question

Well some weapons desperately needs different mod setups for different factions and some of them just kills them straight, regardless of factions (tigris prime, vectis prime etc). Do what you want with your gear. Though ı can give you one advice, carry one full auto weapon and one hit kill weapon with favorite melee of your choice(for me thats rubico prime, pyrana prime and zaw that ı made for condition overload with a lot of slash damage). That way you will be prapared for  every situation.

One thing I learnt is that modding to counter certain factions is pointless unless you're in sortie level mission (lv70+) because anywhere else they're gonna die instantly regardless. My advice is to experiment with different setups and take advantage of a weapons stats instead of copy pasting meta builds onto every weapon, for example I use a viral build with hunter munitions on my Tiberon because of it's high crit and status chance instead of using corrosive or something and it works just fine where ever I use it 

My loadouts are generally organized by use-case, instead of faction.  For example, I have loadouts for Spy missions (Loki), Syndicate medallion hunting (Range Limbo), hard CC spam (efficiency/range Rhino), and survival farming (tanky Despoil Nekros). 

For my favorite sortie weapons, I usually have an Elemental loadout (and I manually switch out mods to get the element I want) as well as a Physical loadout, so I don't have to do a complete respec whenever the sortie modifier is a resistance. 

Most importantly, I also have several loadout slots set aside for articula and the display in my personal quarters.

For loadouts...
Firstly, make sure your first 1-3 loadout slots are designated specifically for ad-hoc builds. Sorties, those new Arbitrations, and normal events can all have modifiers that require something special-built. And if that's not enough, leveling some stuff typically also will require you to set up something special, if only to equip the stuff you're leveling. Having designated slots for that (especially having them at the top of the listing) is useful.

Secondly, you're probably gonna want to make a designated "poledancer" slot for the lounge display.

From there, it's really whatever. I use it for a bunch of default builds so I can speed-dial a lot of different roles- such as a 249 Blitz Titania, an "index broker" Rhino, a Spy Ivara, Limbo, Slowva, Eidolons Trinity, etc. All of these let me get to something that'll be at least a good "stock" build for a run. Additionally it saves a "typical" loadout for a frame, as you can copy the contents of a loadout to your ad-hoc slots and change them up.

Since all of my gear has A/B/C pallets set up to match each other (with B matching my Smeeta and C matching my Adarza), I typically "have" to do fashion swaps on everything to match the cat I'm bringing. The only missions I'll typically bring a raw loadout for are Plains, Eidolons, and Spy sorties.

For configs...
Warframes themselves are the most obvious; most builds require some form of sacrifice. Typically this comes in the form of one power over another, but sometimes it's even your survivability (my B set on Titania is that 249 Blitz one, which runs 0 survivability mods). My Valkyr and my Trinity both have two different-specialized builds (Warcry / Hysteria and EV / Eido-Bless, respectively), with their third slot (or rather, the first) being a hybrid of the two. My Nova is sitting on a slow, a fast, and one labeled 'S-Class Racer' that, while similar to Fast in 4, has very poor duration and max range. Meanwhile frames like Nekros really just have two versions of the same build (Loot-from-HP and Loot-from-EP in his case).

Weapons however, the differences become a bit less drastic. You'll see by-faction, by-element, and occasionally by-gimmick depending on the person. I mostly do by-element myself, with Corrosive, Viral, and Gas being the three I typically go for, but occasionally I'll set up something gimmicky, like an Adarza-powered Hunter Munitions Ignis Wraith or a Comfy Wide-Napalm Ogris, instead. Melee weapons are more prone to this, since I'll often make an alternate Valkyr-specific build due to Warcry typically substituting aspd mods.

Edited by Eirshy