adaptation(new mod that will come with update) and your thoughts

Razorv2

il y a 2 minutes, Fallen_Echo a dit :

I expect the worst design choice meaning this mod will only provide defense against one damage type and every time it is hit be a different one it overwrites the old one resetting it back to 10%.

This ^

And considering how damages works in warframe it mean resetting on each hit, which make this mod pointless.

15 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I expect the worst design choice meaning this mod will only provide defense against one damage type and every time it is hit be a different one it overwrites the old one resetting it back to 10%.

There's no way. There's too many damage types for a single enemy unit let alone for every possible unit in a mission. They wouldn't give it 9 stacks if that were the case.

I think it's more likely that the resistance duration doesn't refresh at max stacks so you can only have 90% reduction for 20s until it resets.

Edited by Yonm

Just now, Yonm said:

There's no way. There's too damage types for a single enemy unit let alone for every possible unit in a mission. They wouldn't give it 9 stacks if that were the case.

I think it's more likely that the resistance doesn't refresh at max stacks so you can only have 90% reduction for 20s until it refreshes.

Not every enemy deals the same amount of damage so its entirely possible to get stacks from the highest damage incoming what is then overwritten by the next highest damage.

Still do you expect them giving out universal 90% dr, if that would have been the plan the mod description wouldnt say anything about different damages.

24 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Not every enemy deals the same amount of damage so its entirely possible to get stacks from the highest damage incoming what is then overwritten by the next highest damage.

I literally don't comprehend what you're trying to say or argue. Can you articulate your point more clearly?

An elite lancer can deal puncture and slash damage.  A single volley of shots is enough to reset the damage adaptation. I don't think DE would design a mod that has to ramp up to 9 stacks if it can easily be reset this way in a single volley of shots.

24 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Still do you expect them giving out universal 90% dr, if that would have been the plan the mod description wouldnt say anything about different damages.

90% dr isn't that great and the dr has to ramp up for each damage type. Seems balanced enough. Probably doesn't help squishy or shield frames that much though.

I would be glad if this mod was stacking up for each damage types individually  IF the mods wasnt stacking with 90% reduction skills like Shattershield, Warding Halo and Shield of Shadows.

Its a pretty descent solution for frames that lack that edge and if it doesnt reduce the procs your frames receives like slash, heat or toxic its fine by me. We have to see.

Personally i cant wait to use this with my Atlas, even with the tankiest build i could manage on him, it is nowhere near any frames with 90% damage reduction or insane scaling like Chroma and i want my Atlas to be an unstoppable shooting juggernaut, will be even better with a Grattler in his hands! I do hope this is a slight compensation for the tanky frames that scales badly.

34 minutes ago, Yonm said:

I literally don't comprehend what you're trying to say or argue. Can you articulate your point more clearly?

An elite lancer can deal puncture and slash damage.  A single volley of shots is enough to reset the damage adaptation. I don't think DE would design a mod that has to ramp up to 9 stacks if it can easily be reset this way in a single volley of shots.

90% dr isn't that great and the dr has to ramp up for each damage type. Seems balanced enough. Probably doesn't help squishy or shield frames that much though.

Frost with Arcane Aegis and shield regeneration mods + 90% damage redux on top if all that could be a beast. This Adaptation 90%  if it was applying to shield could make shield builds viable.

8 minutes ago, Bacl said:

Frost with Arcane Aegis and shield regeneration mods + 90% damage redux on top if all that could be a beast. This Adaptation 90%  if it was applying to shield could make shield builds viable.

I was thinking that too but this would only apply to shield frames with decent armor and health. Most shield based frames can't take 3 hits past level 40 let alone 9 and for each damage type. Maybe if we finally get shieldgating that might be a viable way to make all shield frames tanky.

38 minutes ago, Yonm said:

literally don't comprehend what you're trying to say or argue. Can you articulate your point more clearly?

Ohh sorry for that.

I meant that a single lancer can deal both puncture and slash damage but one of it is higher than the other.

Lets say the highest damage type he deals is slash.

Now the mod gives you 10% slash resistance and as long as the highest damage type you get hit with is slash you get another stack.

If its something else it resets and grants resistance toward that damage type.

44 minutes ago, Yonm said:

Even with the ramp up it would be 90% universal DR at the end and if that would be DE's intention they wouldnt bother with damage type based resistance.