Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura slot polarity needs to be swappable

(XBOX)CrazyLeadSpoon

The aura slot is the one slot where we NEED to be able to swap it to change auras with another slot, but it locked.  It is not acceptable that I need to use a forma and re-level my Warframe to change from energy siphon to dead eye for things like eidolon hunting.  I end up having a Warframe just for eidolon or other auras and rarely use it.  I don't see why we even need to swap polarity in a load out if not for the aura mods.  It is a useless feature as it is and this needs to be changed.

I'm not sure why this changed from an old update, but please fix this to no longer restrict aura slots from swapping polarity with any other slot.

The polarity swap is a just a QoL feature to let you organize your build layout without directly affecting the game.

But I agree the polarity system need some changes, like allowing multiple polarities in a same slots if you decide to invest more forma on a particular frame to get more diversity in your builds.

2 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

The polarity swap is a just a QoL feature to let you organize your build layout without directly affecting the game.

But I agree the polarity system need some changes, like allowing multiple polarities in a same slots if you decide to invest more forma on a particular frame to get more diversity in your builds.

Yeah I think that both the swap polarity and config options fail to provide the features you'd expect out of them.

Like with umbral mods, I basically have to build a whole new frame since different configs don't mean different polarities.

Edited by Synpai

4 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Yeah I think that both the swap polarity and config options fail to provide the features you'd expect out of them.

Like with umbral mods, I basically have to build a whole new frame since different configs don't mean different polarities.

hmm... that gave me an idea...

What if the system was changed so you can continue re-forma'ing slots which, instead of replacing it completely, just allows you to swap to any polarity that you have forma'd that slot to previously.

Now if you forma'd a slot for ALL polarities, then you'd unlock the Tau polarity for it too.

Edited by Sean

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

hmm... that gave me an idea...

What if the system was changed so you can continue re-forma'ing slots which, instead of replacing it completely, just allows you to swap to any polarity that you have forma'd that slot to previously.

Now if you forma'd a slot for ALL polarities, then you'd unlock the Tau polarity for it too.

Interesting, minus all of the releveling. Some frames are just an absolute pain to level if they don't have a killing ability.

ofcourse it needs to be swapable. aura really has to be part of the loadout rather than minmaxing the mod capacity. i dont care if i used loads of forma on that already, just let me change it. imagine wanting to actually play cooperatively (shocking concept i know) and wanting to switch auras. well you are out of luck then. now idk about the polarity of the latest power donation, but lets assume i want to switch around from CP, Growing Power, Steel Charge or PD (honestly i dont even see any of the auras other than those being useful). i cant do it. it is literally anti-cooperative restriction that has no place in this game.

also CP is overrated. it is fantastic if everyone has it, but questionable choice if you are the only one with it.

some things might have looked right when the game was in beta/release time, but at this point some of these things are just plain outdated.

Edited by fartloud

I think the forma system on warframes and weapons needs a little rework.

• I agree that individual builds per config would be nice
  • Using a forma to change a polarity you added using a forma should only eat a forma. not reset frame to 0
  • Removal of a polarity should no cost nor reset frame.
  • Apply multiple forma, should be an option.
  • Warframe reset should be an option.
  • I should also be able to type in [Chroma prime config A] into a text chat and my friend be able to click to view/save/edit

Good ideas, removing polarity and then double the "cost" of auras would be the best qol change ( but DE can't be that nice can they 😋).

Just unlocking the swap function for aura mod would be a great improvement.  I have some auras I don't even use or very infrequently because let's be honest energy siphon is required to use abilities reliably.  Then the Warframe that can actually use the mod is way underpowered compared to the main Warframes.

Now you got me thinking.

Would also be nice to stick a second, third, etc aura mod in my normal slots with the restrictions that I get that benefit for only me and be a drain instead of add like "normal" mods.  The double cost on the aura mod would then make it strategic if you want it for just yourself vs something else.  Like how the exilus mods can be in the normal slots.  That would get a lot of people thinking about their builds and testing a lot of different configs.