Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chimera: Update 23.10

[DE]Megan

On 2018-10-12 at 9:56 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Initiates can no longer purchase/replicate Clan Research (contributing allowed). This prevents new recruits from joining and bailing once they have taken their fill of Research.

They still can.

Archwing Launcher Reimbursement ???

With the infinite launcher for the PoE now leading up to Fortuna parity w/ the hoverboard -- are we going to ghet reimbursed for all of the unused launcher counts sitting in our inventory -- seeing as how we are unable to sell them ?

And New Quick Select SUCKS by the way !!  Accidentally remove one item and all the rest shift one slot up.  Having to reinsert the removed item forces ytou to reinsert every item if you choose to retain the given spot you previously had items.

ALSO -- The ROTARY DIAL was phased out FOR A REASON !!   TRhis BS where we have to start at one point and spiral to a subsequent item farther down the list instead of simply going directly to the item we want is BACKWARDS.

Do ANY interface designer EVER ACTUALLY use or run test cases befoler they deploy their regressive interface designs ??  Holy S#&$ the new Quick Select is annoying as hell !!

20 hours ago, Eathian said:

When can we expect the operator suit changes to come back? I was finally super happy with the way she looked and now it's back to being terrible again.

The changes were horrendously executed. It made my operator look like trash! There were also changes that were quite unnecessary, like adding a gray splotch to my Vahd Greaves. (It looked like I was wearing my underwear outside my pants!)

The tops were goofy, too. It made the shirts an inch thick!

The Koppra hood was ruined, and my wonderful Varida suit had the ugly hood decoration on it! The whole Manduka set was dragged through mud.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. It ruined what many of us players had going for our Operators.

the koppra folds now look like S#&$ again compared to the way they looked redesigned and the shirts were supposed to look thick like armor. but yeah. i think each piece needs to have several options of "extra bits" that can be toggled on and of that way people like eathian and myself who enjoyed the new stuff can have our cake and those like AJman above me can have theirs too

So where do we feedback about this update? Think a few things could be improved such as the new gear/emotes wheel, the update to that is utterly pointless... all the update has done is remove the right analogue stick from playing a part, this could still be fixed by making the right analogue stick select the item/emote you want to use and have the left analogue stick allow you to move around.

I think the people who invested time and resources for things like archwing launchers and the Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment should be compensated, especially when people will have spent platinum on this, show people that you care about the players.

The update in a whole is good but I feel like things are moving to be fairer which is great but what about the money people have invested in the past, hard earned money and it's like the devs are just giving us the middle finger.

4 hours ago, (XB1)TCG Eradicator said:

I think the people who invested time and resources for things like archwing launchers and the Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment should be compensated, especially when people will have spent platinum on this, show people that you care about the players.

The update in a whole is good but I feel like things are moving to be fairer which is great but what about the money people have invested in the past, hard earned money and it's like the devs are just giving us the middle finger.

I think you are forgetting what platinum bought in those cases: time saved towards obtaining the launcher or the segment, as both could be obtained ingame without cost... DE changing them didn't invalidate the benefit players got from those expenses compared to say, nerf a frame into the ground shortly after release and thus crewing ower those who paid plat for it...

20 hours ago, (XB1)TCG Eradicator said:

I don't think people payed platinum for extra archwing launcher charges, and the Nutrio segment still has a very positive effect.

15 hours ago, Ikusias said:

changing them didn't invalidate the benefit players got from those expenses

Also this ^

The issue isn't that it invalidates the expenses, it's that DE patching something like this is read as an admission that the way the system previously worked was a mistake. That makes people feel like their spend was based on fraudulent information, particularly for things like the Nutrio segment which were sold as "the only way not to lose a kubrow every time u take a week off", when in fact it was a product that worked out more like "early access to auto-saved kubrows".

Besides, a lot of the people asking for refunds are after cryotic and those PoE resources that take ages to farm, not platinum.

15 hours ago, Oetpay said:

The issue isn't that it invalidates the expenses, it's that DE patching something like this is read as an admission that the way the system previously worked was a mistake.

No, it's that DE decided to change the system for the better of everyone. The past wasn't a mistake, and they only helped the players by making the system even better!

15 hours ago, Oetpay said:

That makes people feel like their spend was based on fraudulent information, particularly for things like the Nutrio segment which were sold as "the only way not to lose a kubrow every time u take a week off"

Fraudulent information?? No, it did what it said it would! The upgrade didn't even require platinum, or many resources, for that matter.

The arguments asking for resources back don't really hold much water. If you made 200+ Archwing launchers in advance, that's on you. Resources spent are resources spent. View it as DE making those 200 launchers that you made, and turning them into infinity! There's no downside to what they did!

Archived