[DE]Megan

Chimera: Update 23.10

1 minute ago, ElocFreidon said:

Wait so you're telling me I've been paying 10 Plat each time I rushed this instead of 10k credits? Its always said 10k credits cost for me.

You had the "nutrio incubator upgrade segment" probably, so you paid 10k credits, now it should be free for you since you have the upgrade.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

NEW WEAPON SKINS
 ZASTRA DUAL DAGGER SKIN

Artistry meets lethality with this elegant Dagger Skin.

KLUDGEKIL MACHETE SKIN
Bludgeon, hack, and maim with this improvised Machete skin fashioned out of broken Grineer weapons

Why didn't you make these weapons..?

• Like 1

Got back from work, downloaded update, logged in to find my Operator has finally entered puberty. Guess it's about time.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Updated weapon FX for the Arca Plasmor, Castanas, and Sancti Castanas.

I underestimated how great this update would be. Great job guys! :inlove:

A+++ on the Plasmor effects, Saryn update, Melee sounds, Arbitration alerts and the Phantasma alt fire update!!!

Everything is feeling just amazing!

Thanks for the ability to buy numerous forma bundles too!

I'm very encouraged by this update.  The elite alerts, log-in rewards, bugfixes... all of it are fantastic.  These are things I've been thinking of for years, and it's like they were reading my mind.  And it dropped right when I was starting to get anxious for more content, so the timing couldn't be better.

I know us 'salty vets' can be a demanding, petty, and unreasonable bunch.  Our experience may not be typical, and any good community manager has to know when to ignore the edge cases or outliers, but thanks for not ignoring us on this.  It really means a lot.

And Fortuna's on the way too!

EDIT:  Wow.  The audio guys have been busy!  My swords make new swishy swashies!  And the new alerts are much better than I expected.  Somewhere right below sortie, something about that specific difficulty feels really nice to play.  Still some work to do, and I agree with others on the operator cosmetics potentially needing a few tweaks, but all in all, I'm very impressed!

you go gurl

Edited by PR0JAX
  • Applause 1

change the damage from  miasma to the half but give it a buff a X4 with spores is no th te same a X2 with the old damage this souds only like a pretext to reduce spores scaling this sounds very mediocre DE WTF with this... I hope a dog S#&$ in the food of any one who thikn in doing something so stupidly bad planed and then get parasytes becos its that what they are if they do somethig so badly they where better forms to improve saryn you just need to test it in end game or endurance scenarios but well they maybe rework her again so i dont complain to much.

By increasing the damage multiplier we have reduced the following to compensate for the change:

• Miasma base Damage has been halved.
  • Spores scaling damage per second cap has been reduced from 10 to 7

What's with the idea that you need to buff something then immediately nerf something.. that's not the way to "Balance" a game

• Like 2

>Defense: You're protecting an NPC

These really should have their own name. It's the same mission type as in sorties? 9 times out of 10 when I enter these, people come geared for objective defense, not NPC defense, they bring Frost / Gara / Khora and the like instead of Trinity or Harrow, since it says "Defense" they think it's a defend the objective kind of mission. This makes these missions go way less smoothly than they could've, it's not a question of skill, but of correct preparation.

• Upvote 3

Will Loki's Switch Teleport no longer working on Dargyn Tusks on the PoE ever get fixed? My life has not been the same since it stopped working. 😞

No. Put the Mithra Syandana back where it was on Trinity. It looked so much better that way.

I appreciate that the team was thinking about improving the clipping on operator gear, but the styles of some of the pieces feels vastly different from how it was before. I had my operator nicely cosplaying as a faerie princess, with her clothes coloring flowing nicely together (koppra leggings/faulds, manduka suit, zariman sleeves). However, now she looks more to wearing a vest with weird clunkage on her belt. And the sleeves coloring channels is completely different, such that the vest effect is intensified instead of blending the top color on the suit to the sleeves.

I'd be less miffed if there was a decent range of clothes to work around it, but there aren't so my endgame fashionframe is completely ruined.

Edit: Better with a photo to show the difference.

Edited by Faerren
Added link to photo showing what I meant.
  • Upvote 1

Fixed buffs/debuffs permanently stacking on Zaws after activating and deactivating Titania's Archwing. A common result was melee speed getting slower and slower. Now you'll be slow no mo'!

Yes! Thanks for fixing it after I posted a bug report on it!

Fixed buffs/debuffs permanently stacking on Zaws after activating and deactivating Titania's Archwing. A common result was melee speed getting slower and slower. Now you'll be slow no mo'!

Yes! Thanks for fixing it after I posted a bug report on it!

Thank you for always changing warframe. You are a hard thing to predict. I'm downloading now, all excited to see what's different. 😆

Edited by Redfeather75

What an incredible number of fixes.  Good work on identifying and nailing down as best you can so many issues, team.

EDIT: Just noticed something I wanted to say thanks on as well: The advanced Arbitration alerts are set to Level 60-80.  THANK YOU!  I was worried it was going to be Level 100+ like normal Sortie final stages, and I hate the sort of "an enemy taps you and you instantly die" damage levels to that.  I want challenge, but I don't want it to come down to making sure I am never being hit, ever,  if I don't play a tank.  Of course, there is no point to playing a tank in the first place if enemies don't hit hard enough to make a tank like Rhino feel rewarding in soaking up even those tough hits.  Level 60-80 (without Sortie conditions like Elemental or Physical Damage Enhancement) always felt like the fairest balance of enemies hitting hard enough to give tanks value, without making fragile warframes completely dependent on never-get-hit cheesing (perma-stealth, perma-cc-stunlocks, Limbo rift, etc. - in short, mechanics that can be fun but get exceedingly boring when using anything else results in instant death).  More content in this vein would be welcomed by me at least!

Edited by Maganar
Additional feedback
  • Like 1

Really? Weapon skins. I could see for the dual daggers, but the machete? There are so few and they all suck. Couldn't have one with decent stats.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, stolvi said:

You had the "nutrio incubator upgrade segment" probably, so you paid 10k credits, now it should be free for you since you have the upgrade.

Okay that makes more sense.

Am i the only one that can't update this through my steam launcher? I'm not re-downloading this game for the nth time and losing all my settings, again.

• Upvote 1

Holy heck is that a staticor buff??? 

Awesome, seriously, thank you.

Now if only you could make it so the Staticor pellets pass through allies, that would be great! (PLEASE! At very least, make it so they pass through Nekros' shadows. When you have all 7 of them up, it makes the staticor almost unusable in close quarters)

RIP Varida Suit
It was mauled earlier by a savage art intern that had escaped from a university before training was completed that would have allowed it to interact with the environment safely, without causing any damage. Witnesses and law enforcement say this particular specimen lacked any sort of fashion sense. Recovery efforts are underway but the police have asked everyone to stay away from the area while the dangerous creature is being apprehended before any more clothing is harmed. Investigators are still trying to figure out what caused this unprovoked and heinous attack against this beloved suit that many say was dear to many in the community. No connection has been made between reason or sense and the attack. Some say they will just have to not wear a suit at all. Our hearts go out to any affected by this sad news.

• Haha 1