Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] C̶̹̃h̴̊̍̐͜i̶͓̩͛̽m̸̨̈́͘e̴̤̒ŕ̸͉͋̕å̸̙̭͕: Update 23.10 - Arbitrations: Lethal Alerts Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

So I did another Arb after having completed it once (was forced to leave missions because enemies stopped respawning in an Excavation mission so no more power cells) and was getting the ABC rewards in the following mission, but once I died and left I didn't get any rewards for the mission. Is this intended? I thought it would be similar to Cetus bounties since it still appears in the Alert list albeit with a (Completed) text, so I should still be able to get ABC rewards from it, right?

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

The only problem i have with the arbitration game mode is the double duration 10 wave defense and 10 min survival is a waste of time if it remains as it is after i acquire the mods from this game mode i will be done with it,because is's just wasting time.

Another issue  i've seen  people complaining about, that i have no problems with is the lack of bleedout and squad revives not the lack of self revives, but for me it's fine as it is.

Honestly, I think that players ought to earn a respawn at the conclusion of each interval, so people aren't forced to afk or quit when they die.

Also, I believe that Tenno should still go into bleed out, if only to give a mod like Undying Will an actual damn use.

Edited by ReshyShira

Max Health of new defense objective fella dropped from 60k+ to 7k after host migration. Host migration was likely caused by host dying 6 waves previous and having the joy of sitting there doing nothing for 10 minutes, then either leaving or timing out. Having a power str buff on a random frame is cool and all but it's a massive trap for such a long mode to pull you to a frame that won't live thru it, especially when some flavours of crowd control are going to fail to work on Arbitrarily Shielded enemies.

The alerts are insanely boring and the double duration adds nothing, i would much rather prefer much shorter but far more difficult missions, serious scaling on enemy lvl's etc.
This feels like an early draft for Sorties or a worse version of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught.
They will barely be played, because very little people have the entire star-chart unlocked, and those who will, will just farm out what they need and abandon forever.

Edited by Exact_Value

I just did one one of these, it was a Defense on Uranus. It was very disappointing, extremely trivial and just took too long to get interesting and was just too long in general. I went in with two other friends, one full ABC rotation took us 45 minutes, there was no real risk of failure, it just took a long time and the enemies still died in 1-2 shots 45 minutes in. I imagine if we had kept going it would've eventually been enjoyable and challenging but after 45 minutes we were rather tired and bored, especially since adds kept getting stuck in a wall or otherwise failed to path to the objective.

I would like to see these alerts use the same traditional 5 min/5 wave/etc rotation timer but have the level the enemy scale faster, the end result would still see the end of the first C rotation at the same level as now, but it'd only take half the time. It'd also be nice if rotation C gave more essence, as is, there is very little reason to go past 60 minutes in this game mode.

This feels similar to ESO: a rehash of existing content with nothing to distinguish it besides "everyone leaves after they die."

The game has been feeling less and less fun over the past year, and that's coming from a 5 year veteran.  The game is rotten at its core.  Trying to spruce it up with game modes like this doesn't help; it has the opposite effect of revealing just what makes the game unfun.  Re-tune the damage and health numbers on enemies and Warframes, and make the impact of essential mods smaller so that they don't create this binary "I either trivialize the game or I don't" feeling. 

Giving us a token extra on the login reward system is not going to fool long-time players into sticking with it.  I tried some Arbitrations today, and I think I'll leave it at that.  It's gonna be loginreward-only until Fortuna comes out, for me.

Since this is supposed to be a new form of challenging endgame content, perhaps you could add a small chance to get arcanes or something. Endo and a few new mods won't keep anyone interested in this mode for long. I hate that they're currently exclusively available via the clock-locked content on the plains, so maybe if this is considered challenging enough content you could put them in (edit: though based on feedback already being given maybe they'd need some tweaks to challenge first). Maybe there could be a stacking bonus the longer you stay so the chance to get one increases per round up to some cap. 

If you're already planning on adding them to Venus, alternatively maybe you could add additional round rewards like Kuva or a 1% chance to get a Riven or something. 

Edited by Borg1611

Just tried my first arbitration with excalibur. The new drones were immune to exalted blade which made it very annoying to play (or is it only immune to elemental dmg since i use chromatic blade?)

EDIT: Just found out they are supposed to be immune to warframe abilities, i guess exalted blade excalibur is out of the question for this game mode then

Edited by ScPhantom

Tried doing an excavation solo on this mode.  Perfectly doable with frost, even had time to knit myself a pair of socks.  I kid, I kid.  I'm too likely to hurt myself on knitting needles.  

But yeah, the "double time" feature exacerbates the weaknesses in the game modes.  Especially excavation where it's actually 4x, with increased drilling time AND forcing you to do two to get a reward.  Cherry on top - you also only get 100 cry. like normal.  

Seperately, the bonus frame/weapon feature is. . . far less interesting that it innitially seemed.  Despite it being unique to players, it doesn't limit itself to the pool of things you have, which is "fine", though it rewards you more for being a horder (provided the bonus gets the item over the level of other gear) than for going outside your comfort zone.  

First, thanks for the challenge, I really appreciate it! 😄

Then, it's not really a feedback, more a question, it's a little bit obvious but I'd like to be sure: If it's mentionned for exemple "+300% strength for MAG; +300% damage SOMA", it's for Mag AND Mag Prime / for Soma AND Soma Prime?

I know it's a stupid question, don't judge me 😛

Found another issue.
When said Arbiter drone makes enemies completely invulnerable (instead of just a good amount of damage reduction for some reason), it leads to absurd things like this happening.
With the drone completely surrounded by multiple Healers and Eximi it became unkillable, then another drone came blocking the entire pathway.
Of course I couldn't kill the Healers because the drones give god mode, and the drones themselves are also completely immune to abilities.
Seriously though, stop making enemies that have complete negation of abilities. If I wanted to play a game with no super powers I'd hop on the new CoD.
This goes for bosses as well, very high DR (both damage reduction and/or diminishing returns) instead would work much better.

51a428d13faeee2cbb690d85924b6f0d.png

one feedback from me, instantly, after doing my first arbitration.

making a rotation 10 minutes isn't adding difficulty. it's only making the mode more boring.

What should be done : Rotation of ABCCCCC with the classic roration of 5 wave, 5 minutes... and ALSO raising up the starting level of enemies. i had sorties harder than that. you could make rotation 20 minutes, still wouldn't be hard, but boring.

1 hour ago, GreyEnneract said:

With the drone completely surrounded by multiple Healers and Eximi it became unkillable, then another drone came blocking the entire pathway.
Of course I couldn't kill the Healers because the drones give god mode, and the drones themselves are also completely immune to abilities.
Seriously though, stop making enemies that have complete negation of abilities. If I wanted to play a game with no super powers I'd hop on the new CoD.
This goes for bosses as well, very high DR (both damage reduction and/or diminishing returns) instead would work much better.

And I thought that 3 nullies with techs and stuff hugging one were bad. At least they were kinda somehow killable. This situation on your pic is just pure carp.

Overall for me stupid drones ruin the whole experience. That's all.

For the love of god, PLEASE INCREASE THE SPAWN RATE in survival (at least in solo). Lack of enemies -> lack of corpses to desecrate -> extremely low chance for Life Support pods to drop -> Forced to camp near Life support modules since Life supports drains at a rate faster than normal. This is not endless. its psuedo-endless. 

6 hours in- the game mode is not engaging enough- and here's why I think so- there's a disconnect between the time to rewards and core game play loop- you're facing off against the same amount of regular enemies for twice as long as a regular mission for what is mostly endo; there's no voice communication from the Lotus, no faction attacks, nothing in between the waves that makes you perk up and gaze in excitement or urgency. It's... boring for a lack of a better word. 

I understand the boost system- its meant to diversify gameplay, and sure, the ability and weapon boosts are interesting in theory, but would you really bring a Mirage or Nova into a 30 minute survival with level 100 enemies when death means losing everything? 

I understand the reward system- endo is a boon to veterans who have been playing since years and whom this is targeted towards, but aren't we already swimming in that? Wouldn't kuva, or a shot, even 1% shot at rivens for instance be more inticing towards players like them?

I like the "no revives" thing but I think downed players should be able to rejoin the action after a certain amount of waves have been successfully completed. And then that number could go up with each rotation. For example, if you die in the first rotation you can revive after two waves. If you die in the second rotation you can revive after four waves. If you die in the third rotation you can revive after six waves. And so on.

I realize the alert is supposed to be challenging and I do not wish for that challenge to be removed. But it feels wrong that a single mistake can cause the entire team to be crippled permanently. And if you're the player who made that mistake it's like "Congratulations! You just ruined this run for your team!".

5 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

I like the "no revives" thing but I think downed players should be able to rejoin the action after a certain amount of waves have been successfully completed. And then that number could go up with each rotation. For example, if you die in the first rotation you can revive after two waves. If you die in the second rotation you can revive after four waves. If you die in the third rotation you can revive after six waves. And so on.

I realize the alert is supposed to be challenging and I do not wish for that challenge to be removed. But it feels wrong that a single mistake can cause the entire team to be crippled permanently. And if you're the player who made that mistake it's like "Congratulations! You just ruined this run for your team!".

i'm personally okay for the no revive. it's your job to make sure you won't die. what's really killing the fun of it for me is the double timer, double... EVERYTHING. they shold just make the classic and noirmal timer/wave rotation requirement,and raise enemy level to something like 80 from the start, and then go up. or maybe even 90 or 10. ..... waiting 10 minutes between each reward is... painful.

Just had another survival arbitration and guess what? I sat there twiddling my thumbs and watch LS drain, as there was NO ENEMIES around to kill!. Solo survival is absolute waste of time. Not only did you increase the LS drain, you reduced the spawn rate. Pick one. not both. Lack of spawn rate in solo mode has been raised time and time again. When will you fix it?

Edited by tychondus