[DE]Marcus

[PC] C̶̹̃h̴̊̍̐͜i̶͓̩͛̽m̸̨̈́͘e̴̤̒ŕ̸͉͋̕å̸̙̭͕: Update 23.10 - Arbitrations: Lethal Alerts Feedback Megathread

Can you please disable/remove the lasers on the Orokin defense arbitration tileset? On a normal mission it's irritating enough to have someone press the friendly fire button, but on an arbitration it really screws with things. I just had to restart the most recent arbitration three times, because someone went straight to the lasers and killed most of the team/operative and failed the mission before the first wave had even started.

Thankfully it didn't count as a failure and I could restart, but it's really frustrating to perma-die this way. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I burned myself out on that mode when i tried to attempt to get ignis wraith for my clan to the level that even reading the mission name leaves a bad taste in my mouth and YET the new mode is soo boring i rather play that.

And here I am, still trying to get Harrow..

32 minutes ago, Neyar said:

Can you please disable/remove the lasers on the Orokin defense arbitration tileset? On a normal mission it's irritating enough to have someone press the friendly fire button, but on an arbitration it really screws with things. I just had to restart the most recent arbitration three times, because someone went straight to the lasers and killed most of the team/operative and failed the mission before the first wave had even started.

Thankfully it didn't count as a failure and I could restart, but it's really frustrating to perma-die this way. 

The lasers shouldn't do team damage at all, but as with many things, arbitrations have exacerbated issues that have existed for years.

I know this new mode isn't really difficult but could the usual warning-call from missions not removed? That is not adding difficulty, it's trolling.

Warning-call I referred to  survival air tower sneakily going into less 30s without warning etc.

DE gives us boons to encourage weapon and frame diversity. 
DE also gives us drones that punish frames using powers and some weapons. 
DE pratically forces one to get an AoE weapon in order to take out drones, thus ruining the whole diversity boon point in the process.
Noice. 

Player gets casting frame boon and short range melee weapon boon.
Player is now being punished by game mode for using boons.
Player doesn't have a powerful AoE weapon to take out drone that's hidden among enemies or bugged out somewhere.
Player no longer has fun.
Yay.

Players now use the same frames they were using before.
Players now use the same weapons.
Players no longer find it difficult.
Players are at square one yet again!

Whoo!

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

17 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I will state one example to show how bad this idea is: Saryn.
I'll elaborate this to ANY area of effect damage-dealer.

So its a bad idea because out 36 warframes (not counting variants) someone might get the luck to get the bonus for a frame what has aoe damage? 

Are you by any chance protest that the ignis, atterax and pretty much every aoe weapon is capatable of getting the +300% damage buff?

Before we go forward please explain to me whats the point in giving frames +300% strenght if they are unable to use it due to enemies completely ignoring powers?

51 minutes ago, BlazeDeval said:

DE gives us boons to encourage weapon and frame diversity. 
DE also gives us drones that punish frames using powers and some weapons. 
DE pratically forces one to get an AoE weapon in order to take out drones, thus ruining the whole diversity boon point in the process.
Noice. 

Player gets casting frame boon and short range melee weapon boon.
Player is now being punished by game mode for using boons.
Player doesn't have a powerful AoE weapon to take out drone that's hidden among enemies or bugged out somewhere.
Player no longer has fun.
Yay.

Players now use the same frames they were using before.
Players now use the same weapons.
Players no longer find it difficult.
Players are at square one yet again!

Whoo!

QFT

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kyori said:

I know this new mode isn't really difficult but could the usual warning-call from missions not removed? That is not adding difficulty, it's trolling.

Warning-call I referred to  survival air tower sneakily going into less 30s without warning etc.

Yeah xD Yesterday we failed a survival because we started chatting, and no-one noticed the thing ran out.

As of later mainline (Chimera) Ash got several impactul issues with his ult. Ash can no longer get energy back from enemies who die and had more marks than effectively spended to kill, Ash can't also get energy refund each and every time that any other source of damage kills the marked enemy voiding the effort placed in marking them. Please, Please rollback these stealth changes or step it up and deflagrate the necessarily uncalled nerf

I think this has already been suggested but couldn't find the topic, sorry.

How about you make kuva as a part of arbitration rewards? Why, because Vodyanoi Sedna is already much faster source of endo unless maybe with excavations and salvage, haven't tried those two yet. And Vodyanoi is definitely more reliable too.

Since kuva is the only resource vets and power farmers like me could use more, how about even replacing endo with kuva? Because like this the endo prices will only drop, both in terms of sculptures and maxed mods, and not many people will do it for rewards once they get the mods. Mods which you can buy from players.

There needs to be a better incentive for doing arbitrations, because time is money friend and arbitrations is not good money on that note.

• Haha 2

No. Kuva simply sucks.

I think it's good to keep kuva as rare as possible in order to keep the gambling with warframes lootboxes as minimal as possible.

I've stated it time and time again, if players need loot as an "incentive" to play a game, then they are simply addicted to this instead of palyers you can quit when they are done.

If you are only playing for the loot instead of the reason of having fun, you have a problem.

5 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

If you are only playing for the loot instead of the reason of having fun, you have a problem. 

No. You reply simply sucks. This is one of the most idiotic statements you can make.

You do not at all define what fun is relative to the game. One could simply argue that acquiring new gear is "fun" to them. 

The progression of gear is essentially fundamental to an MMO that boasts any kind of endgame, which we see as things like sorties, POE, Arbitrations and soon to be released Fortuna.

Implying that deriving enjoyment out of gear progression is a negative trait is moronic when it is a fundamental mechanic of this game which you are required to participate in if you wish to experience the game at all levels.

The fact that you see reward as a negative incentive is fundamentally flawed.

• Upvote 4

vor 15 Minuten schrieb tair_:

The progression of gear is essentially fundamental to an MMO

Warframe isn't an MMO, it's a lobby based co-op shooter, like Left4Dead.

Your statment is simply wrong.

Personally I'd rather Kuva stay from Kuva alerts/survival. As someone who actively avoids the RNGfest of Rivens, the idea of running a 2 hour Arbitration only to be showered in Kuva I simply don't want gives me the terror sweats.

• Satisfied 1

Just now, Walkampf said:

Warframe isn't an MMO, it's a lobby based co-op shooter, like Left4Dead.

Your statment is simply wrong. 

The game has the massive multiplayer tag on steam.

This argument isn't a semantic one anyway. Stop trying to make one simply in an attempt to claim the other points are now redundant.

Regardless if the game is defined as an MMO or lobby based co-op shooter the same principal of progression is still relevant.

So, with that disagreement in definition aside, do you actually have any valid points to present.

• Upvote 2

vor 2 Minuten schrieb tair_:

Those are user-made. There are a lot of people who don't know what they are talking about, just as you.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb tair_:

So, with that disagreement in definition aside, do you actually have any valid points to present.

Riven Mods are a gambling mechanic. Those are a disgusting trend in videogames and Rivens should be removed instead of being made even more prominent.

13 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Those are user-made. There are a lot of people who don't know what they are talking about, just as you.

Riven Mods are a gambling mechanic. Those are a disgusting trend in videogames and Rivens should be removed instead of being made even more prominent.

Right, so it is defined as a popular user tag. This is acquired by taking the most common tags used by the player base. So you already have the majority of the player base, whom assign a tag, disagreeing with you. Could you provide a link to a statement endorsed by DE that assigns this game a set genre to end this pointless argument.

You can argue anything is a game that rewards loot is a gambling mechanic. Simply completing a mission to gain loot could be considered a gambling mechanic. Instead of said input being a game resource it is your time. So many mechanics in this game by your definition would be gambling, take mod transmutation for example.

So would you prefer to see this game have all gear available to every one at all times so there is no longer any form of perceived gambling.

You are also yet to define fun relative to this game.

The idea that gambling in video games is a disgusting trend is a very FOTM opinion that generally relates more to monetary investment for literal loot boxes that have no published drop rates. Gambling in forms like you describe with the riven has been a normal mechanic in a massive variety of games for a very long time. Why is this method of "gambling" so disgusting and why does it have such a negative impact on the game as a whole.

• Upvote 1

Gerade eben schrieb tair_:

Right, so it is defined as a popular user tag. This is acquired by taking the most common tags used by the player base. So you already have the majority of the player base, whom assign a tag, disagreeing with you.

This isn't a matter of "agreeing", it's a matter of fact, that those people are wrong.

Also, Dark Souls had, for a very long time, the tags 'dating sim' and 'calming'.

Hundreds of years ago, most people thought the earth is flat. They were factually wrong.

Hundreds of years ago, only a single person believed that illnesses were caused and spread by living things which you couldn't see and the majority of people called him insane.

False facts are false, that's a fact, no matter how many people believe in them.

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

26 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

This isn't a matter of "agreeing", it's a matter of fact, that those people are wrong.

Also, Dark Souls had, for a very long time, the tags 'dating sim' and 'calming'.

Hundreds of years ago, most people thought the earth is flat. They were factually wrong. 

Hundreds of years ago, only a single person believed that illnesses were caused and spread by living things which you couldn't see and the majority of people called him insane.

False facts are false, that's a fact, no matter how many people believe in them.

Seeing as you are completely unable to provide any factual backing to your claim around this point I will do it for you.

Here is a quote directly from the Warframe website: "A third-person, co-op focused action game at its core.." 
The wiki lists it as:"Third Person Sci-fi Shooter"
Wikipedia lists it as: "This Person Shooter"
Metacritic lists it as: "Action, General, Shooter, General, Shooter, Third-Person, Sci-Fi, Arcade"

So, your apparent "fact" is incorrect. You are the one claiming a fact when it is false regardless if you will accept it or not.

Are you going to continue to insist on ignoring anything else that is actually relevant to the topic? You attempt to prove your opinion as fact with using unrelated anecdotes is amusing. So please, I am happy to continue the discussion that is more relevant to the topic now that you have been proven wrong.

vor 39 Minuten schrieb tair_:

Are you going to continue to insist on ignoring anything else that is actually relevant to the topic? You attempt to prove your opinion as fact with using unrelated anecdotes is amusing

*sigh*

OK, let me explain the whole issue, very very slowly, in small words, so you finally understand.

You claim, it that Warframe is an MMO, and thus need ever increasing powerlevels so the game needs endless farming to always have players work toward something.

This claim is wrong, even if it's backed up by a large amount of other people.

And since Warframe is in it's core not capabe of providing ever increasing enemies-levels which are handcrafted by DE, since DE does not empoly enough people do craft this content by hand. This is the reason, why they have to rely on automatic Level scaling. This sytem however has the serious flaw, that enemies are very easy to kill until a certain point. right after this point the whole system toppels over and the enemies suddenly become infuriatingly strong.

Powercreep is a very real problem in Warframe, since items and mods get stronger, step by step enemies become very weak, which makes the game boring. Difficulty is a very real problem, which DE is trying to fix with bandaides like the elite alerts.

Increasing Kuva whould only increase the amount of chances to get a god-tier riven and thus makes trivial content even more easy, puting DE on the spot to indrotuce even more bandaides in order to keep the game from getting a cooky-clicker-game.

This is the reason, why your opinion that Warframe is an MMO is simply BS and why it's important that it's not an MMO and as a bonus, you are not smart.

I hope this helps,

have a nice day.

Edited by Walkampf

My real problem with them is that they disable the endless aspect of the missions. The healer/bubble problems will obviously be fixed, but I dont see how these drones fit the endless aspect of the missions.

Weapons don't scale indefinitely, you need to rely on abilities/covert lethality to kill after a certain point. But hey, these sentinels are immune to both and they also dissable any chance for friendly fire to kill them as they make everything immune to CC or RAD procs. After just the first hours of an endless run they would gain so much EHP that killing them would no longer be possible with only weapons, at which point with their current spawn rate they'll make nearly all enemies immune to damage.

These missions are supposed to be "endless"(excluding non-game related factors like noone wanting to spend more than few hours in), not with finite with a soft cap.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

OK, let me explain the whole issue, very very slowly, in small words, so you finally understand.

Can you at least first read and understand mine? I never claimed it to be an MMO in the previous post. I gave you a direct quote from DE themselves to settle the fact that your claim was incorrect. Strawmanning me will get you nowhere, it only continues to prove your lack of intelligence.

Elite alerts are not a band aid to this power creep. It was a feature that had been requested numerous times and that's how they addressed it. Your constant refusal to back any claim with evidence leaves you with nothing to stand on.

Can you actually prove that adding kuva to this drop table would increase the amount of potent rivens available.

You cant even claim how many people are actually actively participating in this content so there is no factual backing to this claim. It is all simply speculation. Could they not just balance the drop rate so in simulation it was either on par or worse than other kuva farms. What is wrong with having it available on the drop table if it has to visible effect on the power creep. Power creep is also far more complex that how you simply describe it.

Your claims as to why DE has to rely on level scaling is also irrelevant. Level scaling is relevant in the vast majority of PvE based games like this. If there were a game that matched warframe in sheer content available along with having unique mechanics for any given encounter ever would this game not be wildly popular more so than anything else?

Thank you for the wishes. I hope you overcome your embarrassment soon and return with something worthwhile reading because the conversation so far has been poor on your behalf.

• Upvote 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb tair_:

Can you at least first read and understand mine? I never claimed it to be an MMO in the previous post.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb tair_:

The progression of gear is essentially fundamental to an MMO

vor 2 Stunden schrieb tair_:

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Walkampf:

you are not smart.

I have no problems with the drones making enemies immune to damage.

But they should NOT make them immune to CC, so that other frames like Nyx/Revenant/Vauban can make use of CC without any costly rework.

• Upvote 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Fallen_Echo:

o its a bad idea because out 36 warframes (not counting variants) someone might get the luck to get the bonus for a frame what has aoe damage? 

Are you by any chance protest that the ignis, atterax and pretty much every aoe weapon is capatable of getting the +300% damage buff?

Before we go forward please explain to me whats the point in giving frames +300% strenght if they are unable to use it due to enemies completely ignoring powers?

The +300% bonus is to allow frame and weapon diversity, if you get +300% that might benefit even your AoE frame and weapon and I am absolutely not trying to forbid someone having fun with nuking the enemies. I enjoy that too.

But there is a difference between being effective in a mission and being dominating a mission. Some frames do deal massive amoutns of areal domination which enemies cannot recover from at any time. Saryn is such as frame but there are others as well. If you would remove the drones or if you would remove/nerf their protection then those frames would effectively ignore the whole "concept" behind arbitration.

I've started playing Nekros almost 100% while doing Arbitrations, because just about everything he does is beneficial to the objective in one way or another. In survival, I'm doing my best to dismember enemies to maximize life support drops, and sometimes I get so into it, I'm not aware on how dangerously low the life support levels are. I've had to end several missions early so far, because they hit zero.

Yes, I know I need to try and pay more attention, but having some kind of warning like in other survivals would be a great feature.

• Upvote 1