Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] C̶̹̃h̴̊̍̐͜i̶͓̩͛̽m̸̨̈́͘e̴̤̒ŕ̸͉͋̕å̸̙̭͕: Update 23.10 - Arbitrations: Lethal Alerts Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

Survival missions seem to be incredibly hard to stay in for long, in regular missions the capsules dropped by Lotus are barely enough to sustain life support.
With arbitrations that is even worse, personal capsules rarely drop most of the time and make it impossible to sustain for much longer than 10 minutes.
Suggested change would be to double or triple personal life support charges, that way you make killing as many enemies as possible a set goal to survive.
That is if enough enemies actually spawn, which sometimes still tends to be a problem even in arbitrations.

Am 12.10.2018 um 16:30 schrieb [DE]Marcus:

[..]

valkyr hysteria doesnt damage drones, which is a major problem. its pretty much melee, not literally ability damage so thats totally unbalanced imo. she cant do anything about enemies and the drones in her 4 which gives her a pretty big disatvandage overall. its not like mesa 4 where players have huge range and dps overall, its still melee and short range even so i dont think valkyr should have that huge downside vs drones.

2 hours ago, Xydeth said:

valkyr hysteria doesnt damage drones, which is a major problem. its pretty much melee, not literally ability damage so thats totally unbalanced imo. she cant do anything about enemies and the drones in her 4 which gives her a pretty big disatvandage overall. its not like mesa 4 where players have huge range and dps overall, its still melee and short range even so i dont think valkyr should have that huge downside vs drones.

Same problem, even more exacerbated for Nidus and titania, as both depend heavily on their powers for survival and arbitration drones strip their effects from all enemies in proximity with the added damage of total invulnerability to attack powers... not even nullifiers were immune end this change makes the game mode even less attractive.

Well at least nuker frames like Saryn get screwed as well for once (I hate Saryn with a passion since ESO and Saryn 3.0 crapfest, she should have been left unchanged or nerfed, not made strionger and stupidier to play)

Now we have from times to times pockets of enemies that are invulnerable to anything we can throw at them, weapon's fire included while they still get all benefits from their own effects 8eximi, nullifiers etc) in artificially lenghtened missions.

Arbitrations don't offer anything new and exacerbate all the negative traits of the game without a significant payout.

People asked for high level enemies because scaling wonkiness usually gave more than enough difficulty increase, we got instead a system that makes missions a slog to wade through (so no one actually will benefit from the new ABCCC... rotation criteria) and makes every enemy invincible...really this was the best DE could come up with? Nothing new, lenghtened missions and massess of invulnerable enemies... where the Hek is the fun in all this? there's no challenge, player skill is trashed by system aimbotting and in general by umbalanced mechanics. 1/10 FAILED mode

13 hours ago, AugmentedJustice said:

Please for the love of god...make it so that the ancient healer aura DOESN'T effect the drones. The drone's negating all dmg done to all the enemies is bad enough, but when you have the very thing that is negating all dmg done to all enemies, under a dmg reduction aura buff itself, it gets ridiculous, tedious and becomes nothing more than artificial difficulty. every becomes a double bullet sponge. it's not fun, it's not challenging please fix this.

Not only the Healer affects it, also the Disruptor. I really hope DE get rid of Ancient's Interaction with the Drones because in a Defense Mission, that's going to cause Problems and not Difficulty. Especially when you can't do any damage to the enemies for a while because the Drone is clogged up in the group of Infested and the Drone have to take plenty of hits to die. It's like the game is telling you "Hey Bro, just leave this Mission" because of how Broken that Interaction is.

1. Defense Mission (Worst Abritrations Mission):

• 10 Rounds for one rotation is too much;
  • Just like other defense, sometime enemy stuck or roam too far from the defense object, like they don't even want to do anything to hurt the defense objects - result in longer clear.
  • The reward/time is totally not worth it, even with ESO like squad comp to clear the mobs.

2. Can we have some KUVA as rewards pls 😋

3. Boring after sometime (IMO), can we have some specific target like every 3 wave for example some mini boss idk. 

Yea, maybe just ignore the 3rd point, overall arbitrations bring some new challenge but need some tweaks. 

On 2018-10-18 at 2:50 PM, angryjanitor said:

FYI Nova slow has a cap of 65% regardless of power strength, and Duration on Nova only expands the time that the wave radiates, allowing you to slow a larger radius of enemies. The range is quite Ludicrous on normal Nova anyway, so 300% would be completely pointess.

Power strength is the only stat that makes sense for their system and your suggestion is really bad (not to mention that it's based on a total lack of actual game facts)

I thought I put it in my initial post, but I was specifically thinking of a speed Nova build, which is completely useless with +300% strength. Every Nova build becomes a slova with +300% strength, and you won't even want to press 4 during the mission. Also, doesn't matter if the slow bottoms out... even at 65% your defense waves will take about 50% longer than not using Nova for that mission. I picked Nova in the example because she sometimes benefits/wants negative strength.

Since my point is that you can get a buff that tailors to your build, rather than just taking +strength, we can even put Nova aside. Does Nyx benefit from +Strength? Or would you rather have a buff based on your build for her?

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Ikusias:

[..]

disagree with ur saryn opinion tho. ur free to have it ofc and np for me, but as a saryn main since back in the days i dont think its this easy. she has nothing but damage really aside from armor strip now and some regeneration which wont save her late game anyway so either she has good damage or shes meh only. its difficult to make a pure damage frame really useful without making her strong. if shes just okay at it then the alternatives are much stronger and another frame will be far more popular than others.

Edited by Xydeth

Spin2win, thats all these arbitration missions offer in gameplay. 

Why have yet another mission type where warframe damage abilities are simply useless? 

Rewards are uninteresting and lack variety. 

The rounds are simply too long and its far too easy, making the mission boring.

9 hours ago, Offskii said:

Why have yet another mission type where warframe damage abilities are simply useless? 

Rewards are uninteresting and lack variety. 

The rounds are simply too long and its far too easy, making the mission boring.

This really sums up most of the problems of this game mode

I would like to see assassins or bosses in these to try upping the difficulty and game-play diversity a little bit.  I know the Devs were thinking about this but decided against it and I can't recall if they said why.  I honestly think that this would make things a bit more interesting and it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.  In defense and interception missions you would just have them spawn in before a round with rewards ends.  For excavation and defection, reserve the rewards and make it so that no more excavators nor survivor groups can spawn in until the bosses are killed.  For infested salvage, freeze the decryption process at 99% until the boss is eliminated.  For survival, freeze the mission timer one second before every ten minutes for the boss fight.  During this time the life-support decay and life-support drops could be temporarily halted as well.

Also, one thing to consider if bosses/assassins are implemented into these, bonus rewards could be dropped from the bosses themselves.  If that's the case, then you could have it to where they just spawn in and don't interrupt the mission progress.  Then, if players so choose they could be ignored if the players are more interested in the standard mission rewards.  They could also be ignored if the players do not want to be locked into a boss battle that they may not be able to handle.  Personally, I don't think that last bit should be an option lol because this IS an attempt at creating some decent kind of endgame.  There should be a bar that has to be met with some commitment from the players themselves.

There's something wrong with enemy level scaling in Arbitrations. I saw a 100 wave defense where enemy levels were at around 260, where they should have been over 1.3k in a regular defense mission and saw a 2h survival where enemy level was around 225, where it should have been around 350. 

I enjoy all the aspects about Arbitrations, the no revive modifier, even the drones I think are a good addition. Heck, I'm ok with the reward tables. But this pretty much kills this game mode for me. We wanted to fight high level enemies without having to wait hours for it first, not have extremely long missions just for the sake of being long with lower level enemies than what we are used to. I really hope this is a bug and something that DE can fix. So now Arbitrations is a game mode where enemy levels start lower than even sortie 3/flood, and the scaling is a LOT slower than regular endless missions. So much for a game mode that was meant to be a challenge for vets... 

Haven't really tried it since update. Today I went  for the derelic mobile defense key (dunno if it was new or not, it was the only node I missed to enter arbitrations).

Then today I finally tried Arbitrations for the first time. Couldn't complete it solo because it was an Excavation mission. went Pub. Found users on Atterax. aborted Arbitration, thought to myself 'that's enough Warframe for today'. Maybe try again after Melee 3.0

15 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

Haven't really tried it since update. Today I went  for the derelic mobile defense key (dunno if it was new or not, it was the only node I missed to enter arbitrations).

Then today I finally tried Arbitrations for the first time. Couldn't complete it solo because it was an Excavation mission. went Pub. Found users on Atterax. aborted Arbitration, thought to myself 'that's enough Warframe for today'. Maybe try again after Melee 3.0

It would be easy to find those because of the Arbitration Drones. Atterax is one of those Weapons that can take out those Drones with ease when you are going Melee Only.

Normally I like new mission types, but I must say, I really have a problem with the sheer length of these alerts. I mean, take survival, for instance. If you want a shot at that C drop rotation, you've got to wait a minimum of a half hour.
Which is bad enough.
But then, on top of that, we're combining that with no revives of any kind.

To give an anecdote with an example of the problem, I spent 30 minutes fighting waves of enemies, getting kind of bored from playing the same mission for so long, but hey, I was holding off the enemies pretty well, and was looking forward to getting a cool mod.
My squad was going to extract at 40 minutes.
Suddenly, I ended up in melee range of a toxic ancient. And you know what those things do. A little bad breath, and I'm instantly dead. Mission over. No loot. Do not pass go.
It was incredibly frustrating- and not the dark souls "I better try another tactic" kind of frustrating, it was the "I don't want to play this gamemode anymore" kind of frustrating.

My feeadback about Arbitrations:

- Missions are long and you have to wait for reward long time which makes the mission really really boring

- It contains only Endless missions and its okay this is the type of the gamemode but you know players likes to strom through missions which here isnt possible when normal defence mission is 2x longer

- Rewards are... kinda bad. I like endo reward but ONLY endo? Please. At least mix it up with Creds, resoruces etc. Since this is the end game mode would be cool to get 1k poly as one of the rewards or plastids

- Rewards in the arbiters room. Mods are nice. Sigils as a single use thing is nice. Statue is funny. Operator stuff em... not a big fan of them but sure ppl may like them. But that is mostly it. I would add here something special... something we could re-buy many times. Relics pacs? Resoruce caches? Mod sets? Whisps? Arcane packs? (i know last one is a bad idea just givin ideas)

- It isnt that hard. Drones that keep enemies alive are more annoying than... actuall challenge.

- Buffs for every frame per alert is epic idea as well as weapon buffs. Fan of that! But playing with buffed frames and weps are often interrupted by drones or just gets boring after 30 waves.

- Like the idea of one HP. But sometimes it may be... not so fair? Like the idea of it but maybe allow for your teammates to pick you up once. Well thats just an idea. Sometimes enemies can really one shot you while lets say you misss clicked Chat window with operator button. Than you are screwed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To sum up:

I like the idea! But missions have to be faster or shorter or rewards must be coming every 5 min. It is just too boring to come back to even with funny Frames buffs.

Rewards... add resoruces, void traces, credits and maybe essence? About the pool of rewards from arbiters - Add some caches we could buy over and over cuz now you can just buy all of the stuff and never comeback. Maybe only to buy mods and sell them for plat.

Make drones less annoying... I usually go there to play with Frames on +300% buff and drones are often just annoying. But maybe its just my thing. Just giving my opinion/impressions

Give ppl a chance after a death. Maybe let ppl use Arcane reviwe? I think it would be cool to have arcanes being used here to make them more attractive for players.

Thank you for reading. Like the idea. Want to play it more just make it faster 🙂

❤️

It appears that Arbitration drones receive damage reduction from ancient healers. I don't think that this should be a thing, it makes these drones extremely spongy and insanely hard to kill if they are amidst a large group of enemies.

Edited by Abysspurnyan

TLDR Summary

In short, I am extremely disappointed with the new alerts. The nature of the alerts inhibits playing with friends and limits game play variety (i.e. viable warframes).

My Major Concerns

I was very excited when this game mode was announced; it looked like it was going to address exactly what I wanted most in the game at my current level: quick access to high level content and an endo farm that is fun and supports diverse game play. However, for me, these alerts are not fun and strongly favor a single gameplay style. The Single-Life mechanic is the chief contributing factor to this although I think most of the modifications and new additions to mission types don’t help. Really, I would have been content with the existing missions just starting at a higher level and having endo focused reward tables.

No Revives:

Playing with friends. The single life mechanic really inhibits playing with your friends. If my friend dies, they are either stuck watching me play or have to go off and play another mission. In either case we aren’t playing together. (I could also just abort the mission but that isn’t really fair to the other team members.) Difficulties in playing with friends is a critical issue for me. I originally tried Warframe when I was looking for a co-op game. If a game mode inhibits this, then its not going to be something I want to play.

Warframe viability. If you only have one life, you need a warframe that can handle a single surprise hit at high levels. At these high levels we all know that there are many enemies that can one-shot-kill you. In the games I’ve been in, seen, or discussed with friends, the tank style warframes are the predominate ones being played. Feeling like you can only use one class of warframe or one strategy in order to progress far enough to get the C level rewards causes a game mode to age quickly. Playing with different combinations of warframes helps keep the game modes fresh.

Usability of the per-player-boons. The per-player-boons are something that I think can help keep the game mode interesting. Each boon gives us the opportunity to experiment with one off builds that can take advantage of the bonuses and provide sufficient survivability. There is also the challenge of pairing different weapons and warframes. However, with the extreme cost of failure, there is a lot of danger in experimenting with non-tank warframes. Seeing this backfire on others has kept me from even trying the boons so far.   

Spawn and Drop Rates:

In an excavation mission there was a point where we went relatively long periods of time without batteries dropping. This ended up being the chief factor in our decision to leave the mission rather than the challenge of the game. The wait for a battery to drop or similar events is even more of an issue given that the games are ready longer due to the double interval between rewards.

My Nitpicks:

Arbiter drones: I find these irritating. For me they don’t add to the challenge in a fun way.

Defense: I’ve never liked the roving NPC. However, with the increased time on excavations effectively providing a static-defense game mode I guess the rover does provide some variation. Still, not a mode I’d play regularly even if my other concerns were resolved.

Double intervals for rewards: I not thrilled about this but the rewards do seem to be fairly well balanced to the extra time.

Other Comments:

ABCCC… rotation: Thank you so much.

23 hours ago, Abysspurnyan said:

It appears that Arbitration drones receive damage reduction from ancient healers. I don't think that this should be a thing, it makes these drones extremely spongy and insanely hard to kill if they are amidst a large group of enemies.

You may wish to try equipping the buffed weapon mentioned in the Arbitration's description.

I've been equipping the buffed weapon during several Arbitrations & found that killing those Arbitration drones with that particular weapon isn't very difficult (as long as you have the right mods equipped).  

Also, I found that equipping the Helios (Prime) sentinel with the Detect Vulnerability mod really helps - especially if you've taken the time to complete the Codex entry for most of the enemy factions:  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Detect_Vulnerability

17 hours ago, Kromblite said:

Looks like some arbitrations enable griefing, too. Void defense means your teammates can instantly kill you by activating the lasers.

Yup, this problem has existed way too long & DE really needs to implement a sensible solution to this problem.