Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very slow download speed with warframe updates

VoidPiercer

Question

Hey im having a problem where in the launcher py download speed is something with 300KB/s even though i did a speed test at the same time and it told me i had 80Mbit/s what it should be no problem with. Its really frustrating to wait a few hours when a new update is released, even though i have a good internet connection. Sadly, I can't figure out how to insert a scerenshot in this article to prove my point but I hope you believe me and anybody can help me out.

Thanks alot and Best Regards

13 answers to this question

Those of you whining about slow d/l speeds should be grateful they even have super high speed connections. Try living with a 6mbps DSL line for a month or two and see how it is to suffer slow downloads all the time no matter what the load. Just be thankful the update is out and quit your whining.

It has and will allways be the same with big updates. To many people are trying to download will slow everyone down.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb SephirothWS:

Those of you whining about slow d/l speeds should be grateful they even have super high speed connections. Try living with a 6mbps DSL line for a month or two and see how it is to suffer slow downloads all the time no matter what the load. Just be thankful the update is out and quit your whining.

Maybe you should take your own advice, because what you are doing here is whining too.

Edited by Kuestenjung
  • Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb SephirothWS:

I lived 10 years with 4 MBit/s and am happy i finally have a good connection, what i pay a lot of money for. So don't come at me like that please.

i belive the issue is that there are too many plaers downloading the update, so its the servers from warframe, try downloading the update on another day.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb SephirothWS:

dont even try to come up with this weak argument, noone needs that.

Gerade eben schrieb SephirothWS:

So he says.

yeah, weak, its basicly the old "be glad that you atleast have one..." argument which doesnt help at all, annoys people. is not needed and that you can answer to almost everything. Dont start whinning about others complaining about things only because you dont have any better and just ignore them, because noone really cares

3 hours ago, SephirothWS said:

Try living with a 6mbps DSL line for a month or two and see how it is to suffer slow downloads all the time no matter what the load.

Man, I remember dealing with dialup. Ya'll whippersnappers don't even know what slow is. We used to start downloads and run them over-night while hoping nobody would need to call us. 6 mbps is not slow. Stop calling up Youtube while you're downloading something and you'll notice things go waaay faster. Yes, that means on your wifi-connected phone, too- that's using the same connection.

That 6mbps down is enough to get a gig down'd in under half an hour. That's fast. The only reason it seems "slow" is because you typically split your usage over multiple services at once. Stop streaming music, movies, and video all at the same time and you'll be amazed at how quickly things go.

I swear, kids these days....

EDIT: As a note, however, if that's like most DSL lines, that "6mbps" is a generous fantasy created by AT&T's marketing division. You're probably not getting anywhere near that. Honestly I'm fortunate that not only do I have a few different providers to choose from where I'm at, but Comcast isn't one of them.

Edited by Eirshy

I'm rocking a beastly 104kbps per second, feeling like a rockstar!

This ain't new though content servers (even after the upgrades) have always been slow. On the bright side I hope once I'm done downloading in a week or so DE will have fixed initial bugs.

On 2018-10-12 at 11:05 AM, Eirshy said:

Man, I remember dealing with dialup. Ya'll whippersnappers don't even know what slow is. We used to start downloads and run them over-night while hoping nobody would need to call us. 6 mbps is not slow. Stop calling up Youtube while you're downloading something and you'll notice things go waaay faster. Yes, that means on your wifi-connected phone, too- that's using the same connection.

That 6mbps down is enough to get a gig down'd in under half an hour. That's fast. The only reason it seems "slow" is because you typically split your usage over multiple services at once. Stop streaming music, movies, and video all at the same time and you'll be amazed at how quickly things go.

I swear, kids these days....

EDIT: As a note, however, if that's like most DSL lines, that "6mbps" is a generous fantasy created by AT&T's marketing division. You're probably not getting anywhere near that. Honestly I'm fortunate that not only do I have a few different providers to choose from where I'm at, but Comcast isn't one of them.

HAHAHA I tell my son about dial up when he complains his 60gb game is taking an hour to download.....  I have to admit though in a day and age where we have steam to push updates or heck even a distributed download network like torrent, the load shouldn't be primarily on the servers if we can setup something like a torrent network to handle the updates. I would gladly allow people to leach my upload speed for updates if they did the same for me, and I don't think its unreasonable when doing something like this and pushing it to several people via a background dl a day before release so that when the release triggers there are more than one seed, it would create a much faster distributed download and the load at DE would not be as bad.  I understand why they throttle the game doesn't use very much server side bandwidth and even between clients it is not very bandwidth intense so  DE does not require a huge pipe.  That being said, there really should be  a torrent style update system as an option for those of us willing to share our throughput for a time to help get the larger updates out there.