Sign in to follow this  
NinjaManXD

Reworking Old Warframe Drops

This is just an idea i came up with randomly and felt that i should share it. A good portion of the warframes that are available in the game are unlocked through killing the final boss of the planet they are on, some of those bosses are much easier than others, especially when it comes to consistency of the fights happening. Pluto and Sedna are what come to mind first, Sedna is the easiest of the 2 and unlocks one of the best warframes in the game, Saryn, with a little extra time involved, and farming 2-3 specific missions depending on your power, you can unlock her very quickly, but still compared to the other warframes, where its just 1 mission and done, its still more time than it should be, in my honest opinion. I unlocked saryn prime before i even started trying to get saryn, and when i prime is easier to get than its normal counterpart, i think thats a slight problem. 

Pluto is the same situation just a lot harder, you have to play specifically on open tilesets on pluto to get dropships to spawn a specific enemy that drops a specific item needed to access a mission, which you need 20 of this item to do so. It becomes easier in a sense once you complete the mission the first time since you get 10 of the item refunded back. As with Saryn, this farming method also unlocks another good warframe, Trinity, now if you are one of the few people that dont have twitch prime and can't get Trinity Prime for free, im sorry but this is how you're going to have to get normal trinity, thus making it easier to get the prime counterpart easier than the normal frame itself.

When these many barriers are in the way of a normal Warframe, the identity of the game itself, it makes it hard for people to get the full experience. The solution or well change i believe that will make this less of an issue for these warframes, all the warframes that are unlocked through planet bosses is as follows, look at the planet from the star chart, split it into 3rds, and each 1/3 of the planet drops 1 of the 3 pieces for the warframe, and since these frames are unlocked through planet bosses, their blueprints are already in the market, so theres no reason to worry about that.                 

Its a simple change, you can keep the % drop rate the same, but it gives much more freedom of the farm instead of just 1 specific mission, or in the case of 2  warframes, several missions.

I believe this will make the game much more fulfilling with progression and accomplishing something, instead of getting to the boss, and then having to farm it several times, trust me, i got equinox through farming as i think most of us have, and having to farm 2 full warframes for 1 warframe is pain enough lol. but none the less, having steady progression throughout instead of bursts of it on each planet would make for a much more involved and fulfilling experience.

Also,  Atlas kinda applies to this too, forced archwing boss.

3 hours ago, NinjaManXD said:

ts a simple change, you can keep the % drop rate the same, but it gives much more freedom of the farm instead of just 1 specific mission, or in the case of 2  warframes, several missions.

I actually like your idea, but the droprate would have to be lowered drastically. Currently the droprate is per mission since one guy is the only one that can drop it. So it would be like 4% drop chance from the boss equals 4% drop chance from the mission. If you make it possible from anyone in a mission then 4% per enemy with hundreds more to kill in a mission would basically guarantee the drop in every mission. It would also decrease the overall farming time for all of those frames since you'd be doing all of those missions naturally before getting to the boss which makes people fly through content much faster if the rate is kept the same. So that's my only thought on that one. 

Also, I like the idea of the boss being involved somehow so I think it would be nice to always have the Neuroptics drop from the boss with their current droprate, then the other pieces have a chance to drop from their perspective halves of the planet.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113