Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators suits need to be reverted.

Madatom

I have also the Vahd armor set and while the scarf looks cool, it makes it impossible to use my Umbral scarf which I bought. Making this extra piece toggle able is propably the best solution.

Clipping definitly got worse.

Edit: And there is now an uncolorable grey part on the armor.

Edited by LegendDarkness97

The Varida Suit + Koppra Hood combo used to look positively arresting. Operators rocking that look were a common sight, so I doubt I'm the only one who liked it.

Now it...

8qHQjhq.jpg

It, uh... doesn't look great. To put it lightly.

(Also, I thought the patch notes said that animation sets for operators were now disabled when editing appearance? Because my operator still shows up in the Zenurik stance while in the editor. Did I misinterpret what DE meant?)

Edited by Balbersky

I can get behind improvements to the clipping issues. What I can't agree with is fundamentally changing the designs of items that players already purchased for plat.

Biggest issues:
- Moving "misc" objects (collars, scarfs, etc) to completely different items (e.g. the "collar" from Varida Helmet being moved to Varida Suit, or the "scarf" from the Vahd Helmet being moved to the Vahd Suit).
- Moving the "pants" from the suit to the corresponding leggings. That is, your selection of suit no longer comes with pants-- you need to select leggings for that. This makes it bloody impossible to wear a Suit and Leggings that are not part of the same set.

Normally, I'd love for DE to continue making improvements to a brand-new system such as this... but honestly, aside from the Varida suit being compatible with one or two more sets of gloves, I'm failing to see a single noteworthy upside to these changes in the first place.
I'd like to see this change reverted entirely. It's just... not good right now.

EDIT:
Here's a good summary of the problems from the subreddit.

Edited by SortaRandom

I know it was a big update and likely there will need to be "fixes". I really hope the changes with the operator armor is one of them. I spent hours grinding for the materials to make the VAHD set after buying the BPs from the Quills. I liked it just the way it was, and now it looks completely different (and horrible, in my opinion). I have no belt so it looks like I have front and back loincloths hanging off nothing. This big fluffy scarf does not really go with the VAHD set, in my opinion. Would be nice if I could simply take it off but it appears to be part of the top now. Just..ugh. 

I really like this game and hate that something so little is putting me off so much but it kind of is.

XBr4oge.png

Sadly I don't seem to have a picture of my operator before these changes. But now Koppra hood is absolutely ugly and deformed when before it was nice and straight and as you can see the pants are clipping. This was supposed to be an improvement? I don't think they will revert this but it needs fixing. Otherwise I would like to ask for a refund for some of the operator clothes I bought.

2rzc80p.jpg

Posted in another thread already, hoping this one can be a central one for the Operator gear issues so I'll post this again. The intention was good, but the result really isn't.

Before:

20161113021317_1.jpg

After:

http://bdp.uni.cx/~dragon/shots/games/warframe/20181012184457_1.jpg

EDIT: Ugh, forum won't display the after image again 😞

Edited by marelooke

The addition of the scarf on the operator cosmetic "Vahd Cuirass" has had the opposite effect than intended.
Unfortunately it causes all kinds of clipping issues with some open helmets and as a result ruins the look of my operator. (open varida hood with vahd cuirass)

I suggest undoing this change until it can be made toggle-able and/or refined.

t8wswlG.jpg

Edited by SteelOverseer666

Please PLEASE either revert the rebound region parenting, or give us the option to parent these features manually/hide them.

A good example is the Varida hood, which previously has an upper chest section parented to it. It didn't clip with ANY of the other suit bodies. However, its now been parented to the varida suit body, severely limiting the customization avaliable and causing it to clip with certain helmets. Its frustrating (to the say least) and often leads to new clipping issues (EG: Umbra Hood + Zauba Body now clips very badly, as sections from Zauba arms have now been reparented to the body)

Edited by Handstamp

Just now, Handstamp said:

Please PLEASE either revert the rebound region parenting, or give us the option to parent these features manually/hide them.

A good example is the Varida hood, which previously has an upper chest section parented to it. It didn't clip with ANY of the other suit bodies. However, its now been parented to the varida suit body, severely limiting the customization avaliable. Its frustrating (to the say least) and often leads to new clipping issues (EG: Umbra Hood + Zauba Body now clips very badly, as sections from Zauba arms have now been reparented to the body)

Yeah, I guess they had their reasons and it all made sense theoretically but to me it would seem that, in practice, they achieved the opposite of what they were aiming for...