Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators suits need to be reverted.

Madatom

52 minutes ago, collapz said:

@Handstamp
Vahd Mask had a scarf before... and I'm missing it badly. Have they moved it to the actual Vahd Curiass?
If that's the case: here's me b!tching about it once more in hopes of a revert!

Yeah, it's with the curaiss now. I personally don't like it, so they can put it back with the hood, since I don't equip a hood anyways. Hopefully this all gets some sort of makeover so everyone can mod their operators as they like. It's driving me crazy. I was just starting to actually like the way my operator looked before this. 

First post ever but I, too, have issues with the changes to operator fashion. I won't say anything about existing clipping issues, but I will sure as hell complain about something that used to work, but now it doesn't! It's the manduka suit with basically any other pants. Especially visible with koppra pants. I'm just posting here so as not to clutter things. Pls fix DE.

Images for reference.

The Commodore Prime suit also needs fixing. In particular, the belt piece.

It hangs too low now and the loop part of the belt is too far forward now instead of resting on the hip. It hovers over the front of the left thigh and clips into the operator's leg. The belt in its entirety is also just bigger in proportions overall.

I can't figure out why it won't let me embed an image from a link so here's the imgur link for comparison.

Comparison of old Commodore Prime to reworked mesh version.

Please please please fix, I beg of you. It looks really bad the way it is now.

Edited by Giltanis

Adding physics to the Koppra helmet should be reverted, and some of the other 'cloth' phsyics should be toned down if possible. There are just too many flappy bits IMO (looking at you Ceno cuirass), and it makes it a mess if you're the sort of person who plays a lot of missions solely/largely in Operator form.

I'm also really against the massively clippy 'scarf' thing on the Vahd cuirass. It makes it nearly impossible to equip any sort of helmet without massive clipping issues, so I basically feel like I'm forced to wear the hoods fully zipped up just to avoid clipping.

I've been waiting for A/B/C slots since we first got operators, and now that it has finally hit I can't even do any of my pre-planned appearances. We also still don't have A/B/C colours for Amps, which DE could easily solve by moving Amp colour into the Appearance tab with the rest of the suit, and leaving the "Equipment" tab solely for equipping different amps, arcanes and lenses

My biggest issue is with the newly added cloth physics on Koppra Hood. Before it used to lay directly on top of the suit, allowing for interesting pattern combinations, especially if you overlayed it with a sigil. Now it just bounces off of the suit so the intricacy's all gone.

Spoiler

Before:

LLbdbVt.jpg

After (don't mind the changed sigil color, it was my own doing):

Warframe0194.jpg

The issue isn't so much the cloth physics it's more to do with the way the old outfits have been chopped up so part of the 'helmet' is now attached to the torso or we've got really bad clipping issues. 

While the old system wasn't exactly perfect it didn't have anywhere near the issues we have now thanks to the changes.... 

The changes have completely wrecked fashion frame on operators at the moment and needs to be either reverted or quickly fixed.

It's kind of a mess. Some things got better, some thing didn't, and in some cases it's just bugged. I think it's because they had the system poorly planned form the beginning, and that's kind of hard to fix with the existing sets of clothes that don't seem to follow the same rules or metrics. The sets need to be designed to fit the system to begin with, and that's a problem with many of the current sets. So I hope they get this figured out before adding more with Fortuna and TennoGen. 

The big improvement I see is that it seems like they got rid of always having the undersuit rendered underneath other clothes, which will prevent a lot of clipping issues we had before and also allow more fit clothes. The solution however was to mash up pieces of the sets that cover specific areas/categories, which took away some of the fashion alternatives we had previously, but is ultimately a better way of doing it, and is much more like how other games with same features do it. 

Aside from the obvious bugs, the current problems I see is that pieces around the neck are in the cuirass category, but should be in the hood category. I like the scarf on the Vahd cuirass, but it should be a separate piece in Hoods in order to not clash with other alternatives.

I would love to see more categories added rather than more limited combinations, like pants and leggings separated, but on the other hand I understand if they don't want to make this too complex. 

Edited by SirTobe

1 hour ago, LizardsOnCrack said:

2FE4F93A02A5BB87C0B8A466939C6E75F2EC6B53

HA

This one is just a mess, since tassets can't be migrated to suit or legs, and splitting Zauba/Vahd Cuirass Bottom into waistband prevents the the other koppra waistband (which works fine) to be used with it. One of those cases where its up to the user to consolidate which they want.

8 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

The issue isn't so much the cloth physics it's more to do with the way the old outfits have been chopped up so part of the 'helmet' is now attached to the torso or we've got really bad clipping issues.

Cloth physics are still an issue. Without them, open Koppra Hood laid on top of the suit, allowing for interplay between its details, the suit and maybe even a sigil. Now it just flails around like a bunch of rags.

Spoiler

Before:

LLbdbVt.jpg

After:

Warframe0194.jpg

I was looking for this thread. Yeah it does look silly. Basically any cross-builds between different helmets and suits has been lost in such a comical way that it begs the question of, did they even test it? I mean, yes, they tested some things to make sure they work mechanically. But it seems they didn't try mixing and matching components from different suit sets to see how they combine. Especially with the Cetus suits. You can't put a base set helmet on cetus armor without MASSIVE clipping. 

Honestly, I think the best option would be to have a separate slot for such components or at the very least, have them automatically (or manually) not render when a non-compatible helmet is equipped. I was pleasantly surprised to see the scarf on my Vahd suit. But when I put on any helmet not from Cetus, it looked just comically bad. 

Also, I would like to add a bit of criticism to the players posting pictures of what is wrong. It's good you do this, but for the love of actually being useful; recolor it so you can actually tell properly what is wrong without having to stare at the picture for five minutes to figure out where one thing begins and another end. You got two extra fashion slots now, "losing the colors" is not an excuse. Just some muted other color that isn't jet black. 

Edited by Lakais

I was actually kinda excited that the Operators were getting a mesh update (they appear to have aged slightly, which is cool by itself).

But, what I don't like is that parts of certain suits (Varida Suit, Commodore Leggings specifically) seem to have gained parts of the suit that weren't originally tethered to them. Commodore Leggings for example takes the lower part of the Commodore Suit, Varida Suit takes the lower part of the Varida Hood. (Also the Varida hood looks completely ridiculous on its own now).

Overall, most of the Operator suit pieces after this update are clipping insanely with almost any combination (some even in their own sets, and with the Operator's face / ears / chin / neck with hoods closed).

Needs some help pretty bad.
But guess we'll have to make due and find a good looking and not-so ridiculous combo until stuff gets fixed later next week.
Hopefully, gets fixed.

Dear DE crew, i understand then you make some change in the game, but not with suit operator...some of us have pay for it and even if we didn't, but just grind the part to make our operator look good, changing our look without giving us the opportunity to reverse it like WE make it with time or money is unacceptable. i am sure many others players feel the same. this was not a good idea... 

Edited by Dosskoss

27 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

While the old system wasn't exactly perfect it didn't have anywhere near the issues we have now thanks to the changes.... 

The changes have completely wrecked fashion frame on operators at the moment and needs to be either reverted or quickly fixed.

I didn't want to double post the flood of threads about people disliking the chopped up stuff. I agree with the general dislike of what has happened, but since that's already been talked about I wanted to make sure the Koppra hood and the Vahd cuirass get a bit of their own light. After all, DE could revert the system, but still keep the clippy scarf and the floppy Koppra, so I just want to raise awareness.

Been sitting on the edge of my seat, nothing to do, from the moment DE announced the A/B/C changes, and now it's all ruined. I just want to make sure they either un-ruin it completely, or fix a few things along the way should they attempt to push through and fix it, rather than revert it.

DE don't play enough FashionFrame to understand 😞