Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators suits need to be reverted.

Madatom

Yeah i seriously would have prefered keeping that belt instead looked way nicer with black and then a red belt.

Would be nice having the option of also using the older models as well as the new ones. Plus his.... lower back section (his -ss) looks.... weird now with that new combination

Still like the scarf i have to say

C3660A6E566B9EBBABED55AB63C1CAD918920424

Edited by Dark_RRiderr

12 minutes ago, Balbersky said:

Rebecca replied to a post in the Chimera Bug Report thread complaining about the operator clothing changes and said that the character team is looking into it, so there might be hope still.

She did, but I doubt they will be able to do anything beyond fixing a few clipping issues, since the new system fundamentally breaks how different suits interact with one another.

Also, please undo some of the cuirass shoulder seam rescales. They've been done (what seems to be) volumetrically, throwing off the entire balance of female body operators and being the source of many more clipping issues. There was also something nice about being able to tailor silhouette based on the arms used, and with the rescale that's been normalized (ーー;)

Edited by Handstamp

11 minutes ago, Handstamp said:

Please PLEASE either revert the rebound region parenting, or give us the option to parent these features manually/hide them.

A good example is the Varida hood, which previously has an upper chest section parented to it. It didn't clip with ANY of the other suit bodies. However, its now been parented to the varida suit body, severely limiting the customization avaliable. Its frustrating (to the say least) and often leads to new clipping issues (EG: Umbra Hood + Zauba Body now clips very badly, as sections from Zauba arms have now been reparented to the body)

Yeah, just a total mess all around. So much clipping. It looks like all the operator suits are completely messed up now. It all either needs to be changed back or, like you said, have an option to hide features we don't want. I don't even know what to think about the VAHD cuirass missing the rouched-style wraparound cloth belt that the loincloth thing fastened to. It's completely unwearable now.

Edited by MenstrualDeranged

You know what, instead of the 7 seperate threads we have going on about various operator clothing changes, lets all compile them in here. Take screenshots of the updated cosmetics along with the original mesh, and I'll quote them in here.

Also the more of these I go through, the more apparent it is that we need a "Shoulders" attachment section similar to the Waistband section we already have. Many of the migrations just move the problem, and I'll highlight them when I can.

Zauba Curiass:

212398.png

50 minutes ago, Crystariyums said:

Before:
0YsaEcn.png

After: Please fix scarf clipping.
8b6Gswj.png

Edited by Handstamp

19 minutes ago, aerelm said:

Click to enlarge

Some of the shots aren't using the same colors, but all the clothing pieces are the same.

Those look awesome, more before though. Honestly I can get behind the new Ceno greaves, but mostly everything else is so bad...

I really despise how they took the waist cloth sash from the Vahd Cuirass and turned it into a neck warmer.  Don't know the specific justification behind this when they could just accessorize similar to how the Kopra Faulds are, but this completely destroys how my operator looks with the Umbra Hood.  I really enjoyed the look I had going for him.

While I highly respect DE as always and I hope we see more revisions and I imagine I'll be posting a few posts about these issues since you specifically mentioned clipping in your title I wanted to drop this one here, yeah if you use the Manduka top it pretty much can easily clip with anything and that's really not cool. As seen here: https://imgur.com/a/xKeK8lO

I actually would like to post a comparison to my current outfit before and after because it completely wrecked it, but I unfortunately don't seem to have any pics I can find atm might see if I clipped any bits for someone on discord or something later but it's quite bad for me. I also noticed the physics in general just look and feel weird now. Like the Manduka hood if it's down used to wiggle a lot and now it barely moves and looks really stiff, same on the front part of the Koppra one that hangs on your chest when it's down as well.

Edit: Small update, I was in the Vazarin idle stance causing that to occur, neutral seems to stop it, not sure on others atm, either way none of these stances should be causing clipping imho

Edited by Drex83

Varida suit used to be sleek and nice looking. It actually looked like elegant suit to be worn in a nice event.

NOW it has that horendous and bulky top piece glued onto it. Please DE, revert this change or atleast let us toggle that top piece (that clips trough the umbral scarf BTW).

I would refund this monstrosity in an instant if I just could...

Same with me.

The sash on my belt which (technically its the VAHD Cuirass) gave some proper looks to those tabard-like hanging pieces front and back, suddenly became a scarf on my neck, totally screwing the setup I was running with as basicly it made my prettier parts out hangin, leaving the bottom Vahd Cuirass tabard parts the worst possible ways which now looks like it was just glued there without any actual connection to the part of the clothpiece it belongs to.
Im not content with these changes either. Not to mention the left half-cape like pauldrons on your shoulder became some small thing what is barely enough for your arm. Previously it was covering half your chest. Now it kinda lost its appeal as it is.

I'm just here to let you know that removing the Scarf from the Vahd Mask operator Helmet is grinding my gears. 
In short: it looks bad.. that might be very subjective, but I'm sure others would agree!

Also why is there no mention of the changes to Operator cosmetics in the patch notes? 

It's just sincerely beyond me how anybody could have thought this was a good idea.

Personally I think that 99% of the new "designs" are way inferior to what they were in terms of style and shading, but how could they think that people would be happy to open their operator customisation panel and see the stuff they bought, BECAUSE THEY LIKED IT, for PLAT just vanished into thin air. Why????

I really hope that this will be reverted. It was a  scandalously bad way to treat paying customers, who invested into fine tuning their appearence, just to find something completely different.

It shouldn't have been done, even if it had looked better ( which judging by the screenshots it clearly doesn't ) just to respect your players' choices.

3 minutes ago, collapz said:

I'm just here to let you know that removing the Scarf from the Vahd Mask operator Helmet is grinding my gears. 
In short: it looks bad.. that might be very subjective, but I'm sure others would agree!

Also why is there no mention of the changes to Operator cosmetics in the patch notes

There are, you'll need to dig for them though.

Back then when I finally opened the door to my operator, I was slightly disappointed, how unattractive they are regardless of what you choose in the customization menu, but I finally, after many tries, found the perfect balance, and I really liked how my Operator looks like.

Thanks to the latest update, the look of my Operator got completely destroyed by the lack of flexibility in the Appearance menu. Not sure why DE decided it's a good idea. Not knowing how she looks like, I played the Prologue quest, only to see her pants changed back to default, wit a horrible dark shade that made her look like she is floating in the air without any legs. 

What I had:

eA1bjXRmoE9BMiC-4sgqSVgfMIO_oXs9t3bHkD3ravYsgS12EB2KeM-hJiECKk_6cRGbeyPPBj6KEvZoMyngDZBJ4TG_Wx4lKIylU0c9m2wr3lSR_7Eb6RGXeloK7iOGYh0YG6QGloaWLSPhQ8CtfSRAzY3Z6bT7jGi8tg8bindAfhjJbK40lRoYC1Y3paJzWqcPy04xwf0fzJRvLWKCoDJevvPa1Ix5HIXXCFXZNjUKMY992QbHSpAGQytkNLz3wfSin5svbAtBBEA0JJDX-Jj7KWQPcG-N5uS_3auAsfVOjCe7qIm1D4CnDt2fGBYIZH4wkbJUx-X883JhfiDlz-Qloo5htYKBvVq6ZfzbT5cse9PKasnUT7UJTLizH0qgiknM2U0sW8MyJYcjby7FCr2xQXHMlpmjaIFHE6CIPjyW-Ew_Do-nr3fHIvRSRZPm645TqxqVq54NoJ4d6EwdP8Y6_mAlWAow8lXy_J7B0a9RGkRm43WnCGQvWbqzy2ZatOvNEHinJuwhwZel9eYJERM0ZNu1d9eW2J3uYXyK5ZvquihhKgPHy48-pbB-W1OBLfS0kjoyffs6tG7gVbO-tiycfPLBaXKp6soJiMrQxA11iAhvXgAudh-RlE3_yds=w1169-h657-no

What I got:

OPjbvFBuInuh3KB7A5GHRB685i1N0YbAV1gJPIHwbQ6DSkpnMJqM49Y7Tz7KGQqIHp0s-LENnA8h0wxkHzlkPkLH7LOoCLIlt6kZXkCYEBhwf-NRowirRY_xHvpc-gteHkCf19iK1v1TLjt32M074Up2z2n_XQKiyoriQDi-NH3KJmgTstNmDRUwj16tZpZp3EuyPGhh-l_ixHExoTvvvzA7ZZ_yDGt-FbsGRGNCo1JqWBDA7GCriYe8WGLJ5zDTjUgg9YbX8Z_YZstsaYIt31Clqh449qxgqkSWOTjCsJ6Ep-O0W1jKMbjEaho6Gp9jtZJVgNOAXzxjjtQw_qTNT0KBj5GjZZilSbm4UNw1Xj2My4eTgIxuoD82Zn7uPcRW3lEPF4AQ0pp4rJ6aPPY0eVfOtBXavQ4x1vKV5oWfWRqErE2LZuQevDuXWMB7pveAHq27j2k0PKaTKDhjXmvELu8jS4I3O_x-q-NCMLeIwbv5ugGqc8v4fxxRHNa7sMzdpOmOzJ3mdsBrM2VuuI3TQG8Skg_dv6D_FTrl3RjVxVc5SvaqMA0qIBIEjJ5WmuPKvLs236mgOFz8F6ITZ61ytl-73FXyvCtroY8ODCn-HDAGeFY3Wuzeu5z2FaxKNg0=w1169-h657-no

Feel free to tell me what you think, but I personally find this kind of a fashionbreaking thing. I guess I wont use my Operator anymore, because she looks like a male astronaut with a female head glued to his body.

7 minutes ago, collapz said:

Also why is there no mention of the changes to Operator cosmetics in the patch notes? 

There is;

Operator Suit Mesh Changes:

As we have added more complex Operator outfits and Armor Sets, we've made revisions to the some of the existing cosmetics to allow for better sharing of aesthetics among sets. There are now new seams on the shoulders, neck, and waist of multiple outfits which will make mix & matching less jarring! 

It seems to have had the exact opposite effect however. Im seeing much worse clipping now than before and mixing & matching is a lot harder.