Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators suits need to be reverted.

Madatom

Not only does the scarf kinda ruin using Umbra scarf the faulds at the bottom now look like they're floating on air...

ytZ2lw3.jpg

Plus the back ones are too low on the buttocks... It looks weird and incredibly ugly...
Sadly turned the best looking armor into the worse in one fell swoop.

hace 7 minutos, Nirrel dijo:

It's just sincerely beyond me how anybody could have thought this was a good idea.

Personally I think that 99% of the new "designs" are way inferior to what they were in terms of style and shading, but how could they think that people would be happy to open their operator customisation panel and see the stuff they bought, BECAUSE THEY LIKED IT, for PLAT just vanished into thin air. Why????

I really hope that this will be reverted. It was a  scandalously bad way to treat paying customers, who invested into fine tuning their appearence, just to find something completely different.

It shouldn't have been done, even if it had looked better ( which judging by the screenshots it clearly doesn't ) just to respect your players' choices.

I'm all for improving the way the suit pieces interact with each other to improve customization (which was apparently the intended purpose of these changes), but what was achieved here was the complete opposite. Almost every combination of parts from different suits looks way worse now than it did before. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Genitive:

She did, but I doubt they will be able to do anything beyond fixing a few clipping issues, since the new system fundamentally breaks how different suits interact with one another.

I'm sad to say but that's not how any of this works

After going through pretty much every operator cosmetic I can see, I've roughly figured out their methodology. Each cosmetic set was assembled, recropped along neck and shoulder line, and had their respective cropped geometry parented to the new zones. This is why Vahd suddenly has a neck scarf, but is missing the waist cloth (which can't be re-equipped anywhere). Except for the Zauba armour sections (which really need to be reparented back to the arms), the rest of these clipping issues could be avoided with a new equip section for the shoulders, which demarcates between the body suit cutoff and new head cutoff.

212401.png

I have to say, not a fan of the scarf.  Kind of...entirely wrecks my aesthetic using the Commodore Prime Mask open as a collar.  Also, the front and back tails being disconnected and hanging from the bottom of the pelvis mysteriously is clearly a flub.

1 hour ago, Balbersky said:

The Varida Suit + Koppra Hood combo used to look positively arresting. Operators rocking that look were a common sight, so I doubt I'm the only one who liked it.

Now it...

8qHQjhq.jpg

It, uh... doesn't look great. To put it lightly.

(Also, I thought the patch notes said that animation sets for operators were now disabled when editing appearance? Because my operator still shows up in the Zenurik stance while in the editor. Did I misinterpret what DE meant?)

Literally this so much.^^^
Have your upvote.

It looked good and people liked it for various reasons. For me it was because the combo looked dashing and regal with the right colors. Unfortunately, clipping issues abound now- and with the verida hood literally getting an upgrade that makes the operator's chin clip through it(How does this even make it into production? Why would you make something worse and release it?) and half of the hood being moved to the verida suit- the suit is now ugly and worthless for the look it was going for, and will clip unacceptably with literally any other hood.

The koppra hood used to lay flat and the opened frontal part could almost pass for a very embellished tie while the shoulders and back looked quite nice as well, lending itself well towards a 'prim and proper' operator now it's mangled floppy garbage.

These two used to work really well together and now they very much don't work with anything that isn't from the same set.

I swear it's like DE had an internal conversation and said "A lot of people are using this cosmetic combo, lets go out of out way to mess it up so that they spend their plat on other cosmetics" instead of saying "A lot of people are using this cosmetic combo, what is it that they like about it so we can introduce more content along those lines that will make them WANT to spend plat."

Overall- For the most part it seems the leggings and sleeves were generally improved(especially in terms of clipping) while the hoods and suits were made much worse.

I, like many others consider this a massive step backwards.

Edited by Tenno.Scoom

As I said on another thread with a link to this one.  In regards to the Vahd Curiass in particular.

I have to say, not a fan of the scarf.  Kind of...entirely wrecks my aesthetic using the Commodore Prime Mask open as a collar.  Also, the front and back tails being disconnected and hanging from the bottom of the pelvis mysteriously is clearly a flub.

212401.png

The biggest uproar from the Operator Cosmetics changes stems from the method used to migrate the above highlighted section of the operator from the Head/Arms regions to the Torso.

This hasn't worked, because instead of addressing the clipping issues, they've just been migrated into new combinations of cosmetics while simultaneously hampering customization options. They also obscure many parts of certain body suits that people wanted in the first place, like the old chest geometry of the Zauba Cuirass. In addition, these changes lead to further arm and head clipping from components that weren't migrated.

Instead of trying to prevent clipping by consolidating features in this busy section of the operator, add a new equip region similar to "Waistband", that occupies the highlighted space. Reparent cosmetic portions of armour sets that used to be part of the arms (in order to have a relatively uniform chest depth like the old system), and then migrate the parts from the highlighted area to it. It will prevent the most prevelant clipping issues of both the old and the new system, and in the few interactions it doesn't (Zauba arms + Varida/Koppra Shoulders), the onus then lies on the player to avoid it. In the case of the Zauba/koppra collision in particular, the Zauba geometry runs over it, resulting in technical clipping but perhaps a desired visual effect, like the collisions of POE arms and Varida Head that were previously used intentionally in the old system. You'll be fixing frustrations and encouraging player expression this way.

Last but not least, include Umbral Hood in this process, and make the lower part of the scarf part of Shoulders equip region. Most of the reported collisions you're seeing are from this item not being treated the same as other hoods in the update. With a Shoulder equip region, you no longer need to worry about what to parent that part of the cosmetic to, since it has its own home.

As for how the new class of Shoulders cosmetics are purchased, you can consolidate them in a bundle with their respective set helmet (since thats how they used to be paired), or you can bundle them with the set body (except for Umbral hood, which has to be bundled with the head)

Edited by Handstamp

The current changes had the right idea in terms of combatting clashing cosmetics, but the execution was absolutely awful. However, returning to the old system doesn't help matters much, as it kneecaps DE's attempts to add new cosmetics without worse collisions arising. If you don't mind me plugging, I have a suggestion for how both of these issues could be resolved.

Edited by Handstamp

I'm pretty disappointed by the changes.  These are the problems as I see them:

A lot of hood components were moved to the chest slot, includiong parts of Varida, and Vahd.  Meanwhile other hood components were made to dangle freely as physics objects, like the Koppra.  This makes previous combinations of parts look very bad with significant clipping and mismatched colors.

All of the flappy chest parts are still part of the chest piece, and were not moved to the waistband slot, where they would have been much more flexible.  Currently the only items on the waistband slot are the Koppra components.  All of the Quill cuirasses could have had their floppy waist bits moved to the waistband slot.  The Manduka could also possibly be moved there, where it may solve a lot of it's clipping issues.

Some of the pants portions appear to have taken large chunks of the pantsless model and texture, namely the Zauba, Vahd, and somewhat the Varida.  They look a bit like as$less chaps.  Many of the pants look substantially better, though, especially the Ceno.

The sleeves look fantastic.  I've got no complaints there.

I do not post very often, but I remember my operator didn't had butt-stripes attached directly to her underwear when wearing Vahd Armor...

How did this happen?

DFq6g4X.jpg

Not to mention the scarf wasn't part of the armor slot...

From hip-to-the-bolero operator, to creepy old man operator:

BJXBA.jpg

Obviously someone's worked hard on the remodels, but it's too much of a change to existing cosmetics. It's akin to someone remodelling Excalibur as Rhino by default, and saying it's an "improvement" rather than a completely different frame/skin.

If anybody from DE is reading this thread, please give us the option to toggle these changes on/off. I can absolutely see why the new models may be useful for some combinations. However, from a perspective of someone who has /already/ purchased a specific combination of items for their operator, it's incredibly disappointing.

Edited by Meowsaur