Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Sword Crafting Cost

ChillyWilly

So the Paracesis, the weapon you got from Chimera Prologue (well the blueprint) have a cost of a whopping 1k Ducats

Lets be real, No one would spend that much ducats to get that weapon... Even it have some sort of power to defeat sentients

This is a unique case when you are putting a currency into a crafting cost. Ducats are not easy to get, after the new relic system and not old void keys. Ducats fodder is harder and harder to get since you only get 1 prime item per Relics (Taking the Relic Farm can takes 5 Minutes on average) it would take around 335 Minutes or 6 Hours and 35 Minutes getting relics and come up with worse case scenario of getting Commons (Not counting the time opening relics cause it depends on missions).

Lets put it this way. If DE comes up with a New Shotgun, and you need to use 50plat as crafting cost, would you do it? Its pretty much the same. You can earn Ducats and Platinum.

Either make the Ducats cost atleast 200 (Yes I'm not spending more than 2 rare parts for a single and possibly an MR Fodder weapon) or Change it to use Nitain or Argon instead.

Ducats SHOULD NOT be in a Crafting Recipe, THEY HAVE VALUE!

• Like 21

I don't think you understand the situation, Nothing should be beginner friendly, I know.

But Ducats itself have a value, Just like platinum

and I have to disagree that 1000 Ducats are easy to get, If you got lucky and hit 10 Rare in a row, or get uncommon every time, sure. but it very unlikely

You can say "I have 8000 platinum, 50 platinum for a weapon is not bad" But no, it is bad when you bring CURRENCY into a crafting cost.

I have quite alot of plat and I will not pay 50-100 platinum for that new Shotgun as "Crafting Cost". Its just doesn't feel right

• Like 25

2 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

I don't think you understand the situation, Nothing should be beginner friendly, I know.

But Ducats itself have a value, Just like platinum

and I have to disagree that 1000 Ducats are easy to get, If you got lucky and hit 10 Rare in a row, or get uncommon every time, sure. but it very unlikely

You can say "I have 8000 platinum, 50 platinum for a weapon is not bad" But no, it is bad when you bring CURRENCY into a crafting cost.

I have quite alot of plat and I will not pay 50-100 platinum for that new Shotgun as "Crafting Cost". Its just doesn't feel right

But, Platinum is premium currency, whereas Ducats are, in essence, like credits. There is a significant difference here, which cannot be overlooked.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

So it is a weapon that actually requires a bit of effort to grind for, you can't just instantly build it with your stockpile of resources.

I'd argue we should have more weapons like that (not every weapon, just some more).

I'ma just put this here "Hema"

There is a clear difference between a bit of effort to grind for and too much effort to grind for

• Like 4

You're all overlooking something : this is a quest item. All other quest items in the game as far as I know are more or less free, this one is stupidly costly compared to everything else in the game and there's no justification for this price.

And comparing it to Hema is unfair, because this time, you're actually not only given the blueprint for free, but with a big "Go to your factory a build it" in the middle of the screen, plus it's a lore and quest item, so if anything, it's way worse than Hema.

Edited by Thelk641
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

But, Platinum is premium currency, whereas Ducats are, in essence, like credits. There is a significant difference here, which cannot be overlooked.

If you want the "Currency Worth" I guess you are right, but Ducats is not like credits, you need to sacrifice prime parts that is WORTH platinum (ever heard of prime junks on trade chat?)

So in essence, Ducats are Platinum, Again, Prime Parts are worth platinum

• Like 2

Eh 1k does seem a bit high especially for their first crafting whoozle that uses Ducats.

Also it better be one hell of a Sword for 1K ducats cause between those and other crafting elements plus the 12hr wait/rush for plat.......... lets just say I sincerely hope it isn't MR fodder.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ChillyWilly said:

If you want the "Currency Worth" I guess you are right, but Ducats is not like credits, you need to sacrifice prime parts that is WORTH platinum (ever heard of prime junks on trade chat?)

So in essence, Ducats are Platinum, Again, Prime Parts are worth platinum

But you can always farm for prime parts, save up the 1000 ducats, spend it on the weapon, and then go on your merry way farming prime junk again. Unless you are willing to spend real money, you cannot acquire Platinum as easily. And let's be honest, the amount of Platinum gained from prime junk hardly puts a dent in anyone's proverbial wallet. 

And I realise Ducats are not like credits, which is why I said "in essence".

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

But you can always farm for prime parts, save up the 1000 ducats, spend it on the weapon, and then go on your merry way farming prime junk again. Unless you are willing to spend real money, you cannot acquire Platinum as easily. And let's be honest, the amount of Platinum gained from prime junk hardly puts a dent in anyone's proverbial wallet. 

Whats the different with obtaining Platinum? You can always farm for stuff worth platinum, sell it to players, spend it on the shotgun I just referenced and then go back to farming platinum..

Well I know acquiring platinum is not easy as ducats, both are definitely close.

Maybe I'm a veteran that just hate doing void fissures (Alot of players hate void fissures). But for me, 1k Ducats is definitely alot, I can't barely get 300 Ducats for baro visit smh. Keep getting commons 😕

• Like 2

Again : we're not talking about a rare weapon that only has a 1% drop rate on the Trio or the Stalker, we're talking about something that is pushed to your face, something the game never did before, and you're talking as if this was just another worthless item. Like "yeah sure the prime variant cost a lot, but it's a prime", this is a quest item ! 

There's a huge gap between "here is free stuff" and "here is a montain, now climb it without equipement". Went, in a few updates, from I can't remember which quest which gave a good weapon (Broken War), potatoed and a weapon slot, to now you get a blueprint and nothing else plus the blueprint cost a stupid amount of ressources.

Edited by Thelk641
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

Whats the different with obtaining Platinum? You can always farm for stuff worth platinum, sell it to players, spend it on the shotgun I just referenced and then go back to farming platinum..

The difference is, someone, somewhere had to spend real money so that the amount of platinum in-game increases so that you can get it without having to spend a dime.

3 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

Well I know acquiring platinum is not easy as ducats, both are definitely close.

I respectfully disagree. Ducats are far easier to acquire than Platinum (unless you've got a stockpile of rivens).

4 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

Maybe I'm a veteran that just hate doing void fissures (Alot of players hate void fissures). But for me, 1k Ducats is definitely alot, I can't barely get 300 Ducats for baro visit smh. Keep getting commons 😕

But then that is on you (and them). That's like complaining about not having enough kuva while, in the same breathe, saying you hate running Kuva Siphon/Flood/Survival missions. You know how to acquire a resource, so either buck up and run the necessary missions, or just accept that you won't have that particular resource.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

In the current situation I could make 1000 plat faster than 1000 ducats...

Its still incredibly high for someone that doesn't run fissures all the time

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

The difference is, someone, somewhere had to spend real money so that the amount of platinum in-game increases so that you can get it without having to spend a dime.

I respectfully disagree. Ducats are far easier to acquire than Platinum (unless you've got a stockpile of rivens).

But then that is on you (and them). That's like complaining about not having enough kuva while, in the same breathe, saying you hate running Kuva Siphon/Flood/Survival missions. You know how to acquire a resource, so either buck up and run the necessary missions, or just accept that you won't have that particular resource.

1. That is true, but with economics in warframe, its pretty much the norm

2. Its different for people, I find getting platinum is easier than getting ducats

3. Kuva Siphons are easy to do, and they give fair amount of kuva, I won't complain if a weapon requires 6k Kuva. But Ducats is pure luck

EDIT: Also you don't need a thing that you need to consume in order to get kuva..

The main problem of getting ducat fodder is not the repetitive of opening them, but its the repetitive of obtaining the relic to be opened. again, 6 hours for 1k Ducats in worse case scenario, I'ma round it to 5 incase you get some uncommons

Edited by ChillyWilly
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

In the current situation I could make 1000 plat faster than 1000 ducats...

Then I assume this relates to you:

3 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

3 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Its still incredibly high for someone that doesn't run fissures all the time

I assume this also relates to you:

4 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

• Like 6