ChillyWilly

The New Sword Crafting Cost

Prisma Twin Grems are 500 ducats and can be sold for an average of 200 or more. That's 400 plats, so yeah, 1000 ducats is not "cheap".

500 would have been the sweet spot, in line with other ducat weapons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

forget the ducats - the forma is stupid.  is DE that hard up for forma sales they need to require 5? on a melee weapon at that where you already have the bonus capacity from the stance mod and few weapons benefit from that many forma anyway?

11 minutes ago, TheLocalHentai said:

Prisma Twin Grems are 500 ducats and can be sold for an average of 200 or more. That's 400 plats, so yeah, 1000 ducats is not "cheap".

500 would have been the sweet spot, in line with other ducat weapons.

Exactly, the 1000 DE must have just threw the number out there rather then really thinking about it.  For me 500 still sucks as I can still buy 1 or more Primed Mods from Baro but I can foresee it a lot more then 1,000.

Il y a 5 heures, (PS4)obsidiancurse a dit :

you can’t look at this weapon with the eyes of an accountant, let some magnificence into you soul and appreciate what it represents.

Same applied for Broken War, the weapon that single handedly changed the Stalker and nearly killed you : it was free. Same applied for Broken Septer, an heritage of the Old War, the first weapon our operator ever used and the one bearing the "mystic" kuva : it was free. Same applied for Umbra, the one and only "living frame", an infested orokin turned into a weapon but who still kept his conscience : it was free.

Same applied for War which needed probably some godly component to be fixed based on what the weapon actually is : it cost polymer bundle, rubedo and nitain.

This argument never applied, now it does, because... ?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

why this is even an issue is beyond me... people are so damn lazy these days... excepting too much handouts LoL.. Lore wise its the "sentient killer" ya it totally makes sense that its super easy to make? not really.. 

If anything they were pretty generous with the crafting requirements. in fact i find ALL weapons fairly low in crafting requirements if you actually play the game..

Edited by Makunogo
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

Same applied for War which needed probably some godly component to be fixed based on what the weapon actually is : it cost polymer bundle, rubedo and nitain.

Eh you also need a second Broken War which means you need War Blades and War Hilt, which is insane levels of grind and a War blueprint. Your logic is?

Paracesis isn't the first weapon with a ridiculous crafting cost. Also, Ballas didn't physically give the Paracesis to the operator. Each cutscene shows the free weapons being in easy arms reach after the quest concluded. Same goes for Umbra. Whatever the Chimera quest gives to the player will probably be free as well.

• Upvote 1

This has been said before on this thread, but I'll say it again: this is probably the only weapon out of hundreds in the game with potential future story/lore implications. It's one-of-a-kind, and its crafting costs should reflect that so that people take this weapon seriously. It's also meant to be crafted by those who have completed pretty much all the lore quests, and the implication is that it's meant for end-game players who most likely already have enormous amounts of resources to begin with.

Personally I think it's too cheap to craft; I wish it also required some Kuva and argon crystals so that those mission types and tilesets are also included in its lore. Maybe make it cost 1000 control modules too since no one can seem to get rid of those.

• Upvote 2

1000 ducats and 5 forma is easy to get, just takes a little time.  Give it a month or two and hardly anyone will bat a lash over the price because everyone will have eventually gotten it.  I know this community well enough to know that it is by and large selfish, spiteful and vindictive in that people will complain about time commitments because they're impatient, but after the fact hypocritically demand people put in the same time commitment simply because they already did so themselves.  

And that frequently observed behavior really gives DE a free pass to just ride out every $#!%-storm they whip up.  It's why the Hema was never touched, SOMEONE wants everyone else to suffer like they did.

TL;DR  You'll inevitably get over the crafting price.

Edited by Littleman88
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-10-12 at 10:09 AM, ChillyWilly said:

Lets be real, No one would spend that much ducats to get that weapon... Even it have some sort of power to defeat sentients

Plenty already have, and I will as well.

• Like 1

Holy crap, are people actually discussing this for ten pages when the first reply literally sums it up!?!!!?? :clem:

On 2018-10-12 at 12:10 PM, DarkRuler2500 said:

I have 52k spare.ducats.. so what? Not everything needs to be beginner friendly.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

If plat is easier to get for some people then go buy rare parts and sell it for ducats. You people do realise it's a f2p grinding game right? I see void fissures more rewarding than just regular missions anyways as i get chances of plat and ducats.

40 minutes ago, Zelphagor said:

If plat is easier to get for some people then go buy rare parts and sell it for ducats. You people do realise it's a f2p grinding game right? I see void fissures more rewarding than just regular missions anyways as i get chances of plat and ducats.

Then it's not really a Free to Play game now is it?

1 hour ago, AJ5511 said:

Holy crap, are people actually discussing this for ten pages when the first reply literally sums it up!?!!!?? :clem:

Because it's a "IWANTITNOWGIMME" mentality. 

• Haha 1

I ready all the thread and still have impression of a storm in a water glass.

Yeah 1000 ducats it's not cheap but not truly soooo much.

And i dont need this sword right now. I can wait to have some spare premium to sell.

By the way actually a zaw is far better because sentients are not very present in game.

If DE dont generalise the ducat use in craft it's ok.

It's the same for the weapons using Kuva.

A exceptionnal weapon with MR40 and some story fluff is worth 1000 ducats (i spend more in cosmetics from Barro and i am a newbie).

The true issue will be if the ducats become regular craft component.

Because you have to choose between sell stuff for ducats or for plats.

And this can be see like a way to force players to buy more plats with real money.

Edited by SgtHotPepper

I would like to tell what I've seen from this thread

I see 2 sides. 1 Say that the story weapon shouldn't cost much, We literally get umbra for cheaper cost and instant (And we have beaten the war within and other quest)

another say that 1000 ducats is not much, Which I still disagree, its definately alot, since you can buy 2-3 Primed Mods or 2 Baro Weapon, So its definately not cheap. But is it hard to farm? No, Maybe I'm just lazy to farm it, Maybe you guys right about it

So in the end, can we just conclude that we half the Ducats required for this weapon? We get broken war for free, we get skiajati and umbra for cheap cost. and 500 ducats is the same price of baro weapons

Also, regarding Currency and Resource definition, I still firmly believe that Ducat is a currency.

Edit, What the person above me saying is right too, the idea that ducats is become a general resource for weapon.

Edited by ChillyWilly
  • Like 1

Il y a 12 heures, Datam4ss a dit :

Eh you also need a second Broken War which means you need War Blades and War Hilt, which is insane levels of grind and a War blueprint. Your logic is?

Paracesis isn't the first weapon with a ridiculous crafting cost. Also, Ballas didn't physically give the Paracesis to the operator. Each cutscene shows the free weapons being in easy arms reach after the quest concluded. Same goes for Umbra. Whatever the Chimera quest gives to the player will probably be free as well.

A second Broken War is only necessary if you want both the Broken and non-Broken weapons at the same time and again, Paracesis isn't broken with a bonus non-broken version, I only added War cost as a "it's not because it's special that it deserves special component : this one didn't".

And I'll be not surprised at all if the Chimera quest either requires Paracesis or doesn't give anything for free (if at all). They've set a precedent now, I don't see why they would go back to their previous philosophy, in general the community seems to be very happy about the idea to have to grind for the main quest and for lore's items and seems to hate the very idea of free content, so it would be a very bad choice from their point of view to give either the quest or the reward(s) for free...

• Like 1

Am 16.10.2018 um 19:34 schrieb mikakor:

Jeez, people are whining about everything. It's easy to get. Like, really easy. Go talk to konzu, chose the "terralyst hunt" and it will match you into a game with three other people that wanna do the same, and you'll probably get carried because they are easy to take down. In one night, maybe two, you have your shards. It is an item for people who are far enough in the game. Eidolons are for Late game, too. Stop complaining, and improve.

"Stop complaining and improve" Ok first, how do you measure my skill when I simply said that I have no interest in Eidolon hunting? Why does it bother you that I'm complaining? Second, congratulations that it's easy for you, Pro. Have a nice day. 

• Like 1

Well, I just sold my first batch of prime BPs for 130-odd ducats. Only need another 870 or so... 

Guess I just have to hold my nose, dive into the RNG hell of fissure missions and pray RNGesus rewards me with prime stuff instead of the other possible rewards. 

-squints-

It's like some folks round here have not played MMO's before.  Let's talk grind.  Warframe has *some*.  Warframe's grind is frankly stupidly light compared to the graft required to achieve end game with good gear to say:  AION @ release, Guildwars 2 - crafting your own gear, I could go on but it be moot as we're here to talk Warframe. I tire somewhat of the "lifting in Warframe is hard".

Honestly - the argument that a F2P must have free items... or that 1000 of a resource or a currency allows folks to be so entitled is frankly baffling.  Sure had it been "pour in 1000 plat" we'd be out with fire and pitchforks
looking for the nearest DE employee.  But they didn't.

They introduced a time gated resource which we can all obtain without interaction with players.  The Sword might not perform as well as your *perfect* Zaw - it's okay Tenno, it's not meant to.  It can stand on its own merit and can be used as top tier provide you use it correctly. It has clear use of some sort in future in regard to lore, and if not - that's not so bad either. Instead we have to suffer this to and fro about something the devs won't be changing as they can see from the stats - most of the players who have access to it, have made it.

It's the same in any mmo - except here we get "I don't like mining" - in other MMO's that player would have to obtain currency to trade for the item they don't like to collect.  For the most part that can be done here too, but that would require trading (read: interacting with) other players so I'm sure that's another hurdle that cannot be surpassed.  "I want this drop but don't like running instance "x" " -  guess what, in other MMO's you wouldn't be getting the item either.  So what gives?  Why do you have to be given (read: spoon fed) every single thing in Warframe?  Or do you prefer to be treated with some respect and intelligence in order for the devs to challenge the gamer in you at least a little?

• Applause 1

On 2018-10-12 at 6:21 PM, Yagamilight123 said:

Ducats are pretty easy to get .... i have 800 to spare and not even try to farm it ... 1000 seems pretty reasonable for a 1 time weapon (its not like all weapons are gonna cost ducats)  . And all resources have a "value" O.o

They will if you encourage it.

15 ducats = 2p

1000 ducats = 68p

So ya, it costs quite a fair bit. 

Hope the next part of the storyline rewards us 1000 ducats in return.

It would makes sense.

Let me add one more point of view to the 1000 ducat argument:

-If you doing lot of runs where you farm prime parts and want to build something [else] then ducat can be piled up a bit.
-If you grinding the 1000 ducats just to get that BP you've mentioning, then the PROCESS OF GETTING PRIMES are going to turn an ugly and boring grind.

So the first option is an okay gameplay the second is a very boring grind where you can feel that the Ducats got "high cost".
I can't remember exactly how much but one time I hade more than 1500 and I didn't really needed anything from the trader.

Otherwise I would say as well, 1k Ducats seems a lot but actually it isn't too hard to get. But could be very boring if the goal is to "get that 1k ducat". 🙂

2 hours ago, wtflag said:

15 ducats = 2p

1000 ducats = 68p

So ya, it costs quite a fair bit. 

Hope the next part of the storyline rewards us 1000 ducats in return.

It would makes sense.

But 68 plat = what? 

A single rare part? A slightly more common set? 

You do a single good trade and you got yourself enough plat and to spare? Then you buy junk with that, and 7 trades later you have your 1000 ducats?

Why are people acting like this is a sticking point? Why are they acting like this made the game pay to win? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1