Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Sword Crafting Cost

ChillyWilly

5 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Gram can do the same thing

It can, but it *feels* so much slower that I'd rather use the Paracesis.   I switch back and forth frequently depending on what focus school I'm farming, and always GP feels like cutting through molasses.  I'm highly tempted to drop one of the damage mods to build up it's speed to a usable level.

I only started farming ducats a couple of weeks ago. Currently up to 455. Reckon another 2-3 weeks and I'll have enough to craft the sword. Never bought anything from Baro...and having seen the stuff he has I probably never will.

I mean seriously (this is aimed at all the complainers) in a game based on grinding, why are you surprised at having to farm a resource to build something?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I only started farming ducats a couple of weeks ago. Currently up to 455. Reckon another 2-3 weeks and I'll have enough to craft the sword. Never bought anything from Baro...and having seen the stuff he has I probably never will.

I mean seriously (this is aimed at all the complainers) in a game based on grinding, why are you surprised at having to farm a resource to build something?

Sands of Inaros, the primed mods, the bane mods, the prima weapons. It's why people go nuts over the Tennocon relays. (That and the fact that they realise that they can't get into them. Nothing drives people to want something as much as being told that they can't have it.) 

Realistically it's not as much of a grind once you realise that prime junk is a thing and you can sell one or two expensive items, or sets, and just buy junk with a portion of the proceeds. 

Even if all the junk you get is common, it's about 67 pieces, uncommons, and rares, drastically reduce that figure. 

15 hours ago, Zgwortz said:

It can, but it *feels* so much slower that I'd rather use the Paracesis.   I switch back and forth frequently depending on what focus school I'm farming, and always GP feels like cutting through molasses.  I'm highly tempted to drop one of the damage mods to build up it's speed to a usable level.

I use berzerker. Higher dps outclasses raw damage. My main build is a gladiator build, utilizing sacrificial mods. So it gets gladiator vice as well as berzerker... Absolutely unstoppable and red crit king with the added benefit of slash procs.

Don't get me wrong. Paracesis is very fun weapon, and looking fwd to slicing and dicing sentients in the new war. I quite often switch between the two.... But usually stick with gram prime a bit more.

I'm waiting for the day when the main quest will cost plat. Just because "you can get it without paying so stop whining"...

By the way, some players got to The Sacrifice with a level 1 operator. Why ? Well :

- When does the game tells you about the Quills ? It doesn't. It's mentioned in dialogue, but not in a way that would be "here is where they are".

- When does the game tells you about the Plains' boss ? It doesn't.

- When does the game tells you about operator weapons ? It doesn't.

You are expected to come to the Plains without any reason, than notice a new icon in the middle of all the old ones, than wonder over there (i.e. explore the hub, something you do when you come there the first time, at a point where the cave is locked), then meet the NPC that tells you stuff.

Or you go do The Sacrifice, fail, or you see the big boss in a random mission, in both case you google it, get spoiled and then you know.

You can't blame players who haven't spoiled themselves. You can't blame players who actually care about the lore and story of this game.

• Like 1

The Teralyst also spawns during the Gara quest line as an important plot point/giant hazard to not f-with.

Really, Ducats are not that hard to get, and by far are not the longest farm the game expects you to make by any stretch of the imagination. I made 3k between Baro's appearances just going through my objectives normally. Run Bounties for standing, burn the relics on Rifts in zones I have secondary reasons to run (Excav/Corp Endless, Saturn, Ceres for the 900 raw potatoes you need for Prime building). Heck, I've even started buying Relic Packs cause I have excess Steel Meridian standing and their weapons aren't worth much of anything.

On top of this, the Paracesis is a damn fine weapon. Maybe not the best in the game, but hands down the best 'Plot' sword. Though all 4 plot weapons are different styles and rank pretty highly in their respective style, having something that can purge Sentient immunity without needing to take the 20 seconds it feels like it takes to hop into operator, zap, and hop back in frame is super fun.

28 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

When does the game tells you about the Quills ? It doesn't. It's mentioned in dialogue, but not in a way that would be "here is where they are".

Really? The focus trees tells you to visit them to unlock the peripheral nodes.. Kind hard to miss once you get to that point. And the dialogue in the Plains Bounties makes it blatant what location you should start looking. 

So... No. I really can blame the players who have not been paying attention to the game they've been playing. 

10 hours ago, Thelk641 said:

I'm waiting for the day when the main quest will cost plat. Just because "you can get it without paying so stop whining"...

By the way, some players got to The Sacrifice with a level 1 operator. Why ? Well :

- When does the game tells you about the Quills ? It doesn't. It's mentioned in dialogue, but not in a way that would be "here is where they are".

You are expected to come to the Plains without any reason, than notice a new icon in the middle of all the old ones, than wonder over there (i.e. explore the hub, something you do when you come there the first time, at a point where the cave is locked), then meet the NPC that tells you stuff.

Or you go do The Sacrifice, fail, or you see the big boss in a random mission, in both case you google it, get spoiled and then you know.

You can't blame players who haven't spoiled themselves. You can't blame players who actually care about the lore and story of this game.

Just want to pop in and say I did this within the past week. I beat Umbra several times with just the basic operator because I had no clue about any of this extra side stuff. The game explains nothing to you.

It took a lot of patience dying over and over, and I now that I know what I *should* have done, I actually find myself just a bit resentful how much grinding has to go into the mote amp just for use in TWO story missions. Look at things from my perspective, I've only been playing Warframe since the middle of November and the game explains nothing at all to you besides very bare basics. Forma isn't explained to you, Orokin reactors aren't explained to you. The super duper convoluted space anime story is very badly explained to you. How am I expected to know I have to embark on an extremely slow and painful grind in Eidolon to craft one item that is useful for two story missions that I will never revisit again?  All in all, I'm not a huge fan of the space baby weeb thing, it feels like a tacked on afterthought to me.

That being said, the ducat grind for the Paracesis is meh. As a newish player, 1000 ducats seems like a lot, but that isn't nearly as painful as grinding wisps and iradite nodes.

On 2018-12-01 at 12:02 PM, FlusteredFerret said:

What are you doing to get ducats so slow? Just spam void fissures in public matching. You’ll be bound to get 100 ducat pieces a lot. I farmed 1k of them in 2 hours of fissures.

and baro has something very sweet. Primed mods. Trust me, you’ll need those.

Edited by Rayden_Tenno

18 hours ago, Thelk641 said:

The Quills are mentioned by Konzu fairly frequently, and the Focus trees, of course, instruct you to seek them out.   The location itself is marked with sentient "graffiti" and a door with fairly unique markings and a stone which is identical to the one opened in TWW.   I noticed it when I was exploring Cetus the very first time (before doing TSD), and remembered it when I saw an identical door near the end of TWW.

The Saya's Vigil quest has a major plot point where you are told to avoid an Eidolon during one of the quest stages.

The Quills tell you about Operator Weapons the moment you visit them the first time.

The Sacrifice is easily doable with an unranked Mote Amp (I did so recently on a Speed run through the game) -- I'm not sure how difficult it is without any Amp but given that the Mote Amp is barely more powerful than the natural ability of the Operator, I suspect it is still doable.

This game doesn't hold your hand.   It expects you to think, observe, remember, and learn.   If you don't want to do the research, if you want to keep yourself "unspoiled" by the wiki or asking questions of fellow players or watching videos, then you're going to have to think harder, observe more carefully, remember more, and will probably learn more slowly, but it's all there if you care about it.   How do you think people found this information in the first place to put it in the wiki or a video or a web page?

In a way, it reminds me of some older text adventure games from the 80s when they were targeted at less of a mass audience and buried deep clues in bits of text which would lead you to the answers you sought - but you had to either pick those clues up on your own, or go find a walkthrough on CompuServe or a BBS.  I loved and missed that in the new era of games - I kept looking for the interesting side quests hinted at by obscure characters or places and was frequently disappointed when those things ended up being little more than window dressing and all the actual quests were simply pointed to by your quest markers.   The very lack of hand holding in Warframe is one of the reasons I like the game so much.

Il y a 19 heures, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

Really? The focus trees tells you to visit them to unlock the peripheral nodes.. Kind hard to miss once you get to that point. And the dialogue in the Plains Bounties makes it blatant what location you should start looking.

Does the focus tree tell you where to go ? No. Are the dialogue good enough ? If they were, nobody would miss it : there's a lot of people who do miss it. Therefore no, it's not "blatant" and if it isn't, you can't just blame players who missed it.

il y a une heure, Zgwortz a dit :

If you don't want to do the research, if you want to keep yourself "unspoiled" by the wiki or asking questions of fellow players or watching videos,

We're not talking about a #*!%ing easter egg, we're talking about something that is either a major gameplay feature (in this case, why in the world can you walk around it and miss it ?) or something that is limited to a single quest (in this case, why in the world is it not an actual step of said quest ?) and your excuses are absurd. Tell me, during the entire main quest, how many time does the game ask you to remember a random bit of dialogue ? Once. Only once. It isn't a feature if it's just there once and has been patched out everywhere else, it's a mistake.

If the main quest was literally "we have to find Umbra, you have to search the entire system" and you'll go and find clues or something like that, sure, we'll be talking about a game that expect you to "think, remember, observe". Is that what you actually do during The Sacrifice ? No. You open the menu, click on the big "Next objective" thing, it transports you to the right planet and launches the mission where a big yellow marker tells you where to go. In the entire main quest line there's only four occasion where the current objective isn't marked with a big "go there" : finding the Quills, scanning the big sentient-like things (but the game is very "in your face" about that), finding bits of Umbra (which you can find with the scanner and are limited to a tiny region) and finding the "reactor" underwater when you ally with Alad (and if you take too long, the game tells you that you suck and gives you a big yellow marker). You can't suddenly decide that we're talking about an 80s adventure game when we aren't.

Just look at how players react when a new event starts and doesn't have a big yellow marker : tchat is spammed with "where do I go to get X ?" and the obvious answer : "go read the message you got for the event, it contains the answer". If we were talking about a game where you need to think all the damn time, this people would have stopped playing it a long time ago, and they're still there.

So if DE wants to take their game in that direction : fine, but be honest, this is not what Warframe is today. The fact that finding the Quills isn't a step during The Sacrifice isn't the norm, it's the exception, and that's why it pisses me off to see people blaming players who, in a game where the lore never affects the gameplay, didn't stop to think that this time the lore might be affecting the gameplay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thelk641 said:

Does the focus tree tell you where to go ? No. Are the dialogue good enough ? If they were, nobody would miss it : there's a lot of people who do miss it. Therefore no, it's not "blatant" and if it isn't, you can't just blame players who missed it.

We're not talking about a #*!%ing easter egg, we're talking about something that is either a major gameplay feature (in this case, why in the world can you walk around it and miss it ?) or something that is limited to a single quest (in this case, why in the world is it not an actual step of said quest ?) and your excuses are absurd. Tell me, during the entire main quest, how many time does the game ask you to remember a random bit of dialogue ? Once. Only once. It isn't a feature if it's just there once and has been patched out everywhere else, it's a mistake.

If the main quest was literally "we have to find Umbra, you have to search the entire system" and you'll go and find clues or something like that, sure, we'll be talking about a game that expect you to "think, remember, observe". Is that what you actually do during The Sacrifice ? No. You open the menu, click on the big "Next objective" thing, it transports you to the right planet and launches the mission where a big yellow marker tells you where to go. In the entire main quest line there's only four occasion where the current objective isn't marked with a big "go there" : finding the Quills, scanning the big sentient-like things (but the game is very "in your face" about that), finding bits of Umbra (which you can find with the scanner and are limited to a tiny region) and finding the "reactor" underwater when you ally with Alad (and if you take too long, the game tells you that you suck and gives you a big yellow marker). You can't suddenly decide that we're talking about an 80s adventure game when we aren't.

Just look at how players react when a new event starts and doesn't have a big yellow marker : tchat is spammed with "where do I go to get X ?" and the obvious answer : "go read the message you got for the event, it contains the answer". If we were talking about a game where you need to think all the damn time, this people would have stopped playing it a long time ago, and they're still there.

So if DE wants to take their game in that direction : fine, but be honest, this is not what Warframe is today. The fact that finding the Quills isn't a step during The Sacrifice isn't the norm, it's the exception, and that's why it pisses me off to see people blaming players who, in a game where the lore never affects the gameplay, didn't stop to think that this time the lore might be affecting the gameplay.

Yeah you seem pretty worked up about something. Maybe you should take up a hobby to work off some of that? Maybe play some video games or something? 

And again the issue boils down to "some people didn't pay any attention while playing the game". PoE is on Earth, very early planet, wouldn't you say? Lots of bounties and rewards to be had, there. And the two most common things seem to be Konzu's early lunches and the Quills telling him stuff. 

When the game blatantly tells me to check the quills for more... If I can't tell you where to start looking, something is definitely wrong. Not with the game, but with me. 

Think about it. 

It`s meant to be harder to get. And 1000 ducats really is not that hard to get. It took me a couple of hours to get 1000. Is the premise of Warframe not grinding for materials? A couple hours is nothing compared to trying to get nitain. Not everything in this game has to be beginner friendly and dumbed down.

• Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

PoE is on Earth, very early planet

Yes, PoE is on Earth, and as we all know, just after you leave Earth you go immediately into The Sacrifice, there's no time to forget a random NPC's meaningless line of text that is repeated each time you enter PoE meaning it's some useless crap that's only there to not have blank space...

1 hour ago, Thelk641 said:

Yes, PoE is on Earth, and as we all know, just after you leave Earth you go immediately into The Sacrifice, there's no time to forget a random NPC's meaningless line of text that is repeated each time you enter PoE meaning it's some useless crap that's only there to not have blank space...

You know that the PoE content is relevant to late game (some might say endgame), right? Because I'm pretty sure that people heading to Venus for the first time, probably have a hard time doing all of the PoE content. 

Again, nobody else can be blamed for your lack of interest/recall/attention whatever you want to call it. The game does let you know where to find them, and it explicitly tells you to go find them when you are at that point. 

If you chose to ignore some aspects of the game, you may want to reconsider that strategy. 

2 hours ago, -CM-SolShadows said:

Not everything in this game has to be beginner friendly and dumbed down. 

This. So many times this. And the worse is that people complain like babies about something not even hard to grind. 3 hours. 3 hours doing extermination, sabotage, or capture. And boom. More than enough ducat for your damn sword. Get a grip, start grinding. That's what the game is about, so be a man and go do what the game is all about, or come here complaining. The less you'll uselessly complain here, the faster you'll finish grinding.

Il y a 12 heures, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

You know that the PoE content is relevant to late game (some might say endgame), right?

Which again, you just have to google, because Warframe is supposed to be a glorified search engine...

Il y a 12 heures, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

Again, nobody else can be blamed for your lack of interest/recall/attention whatever you want to call it.

So tell me, without googling, what are Alad V's quotes ? Oh you can't, well you really lack interest / recall / attention my man...

25 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

Which again, you just have to google, because Warframe is supposed to be a glorified search engine...

So tell me, without googling, what are Alad V's quotes ? Oh you can't, well you really lack interest / recall / attention my man...

Easy, there's not a single one about Quills telling him stuff. Now if you want to find out about the Zanuka Hunter on the other hand, Alad's your mutualist. 👍

And you don't have to Google it to see what Konzu is asking you to do. Just visit him. Same for Baro, Darvo, Maroo, the Cetus vendor's 

Basically, what you need to do is play the game, you know? Instead of trying to rush for the next objective. 

• Like 2