Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Sword Crafting Cost

ChillyWilly

1 hour ago, Thelk641 said:

We don't know yet if it will be a requirement for the next main quest or not. If it isn't, then you're right, player can choose to invest in it or not, but if it's required then no, that argument doesn't work.

Even if it is a requirement, so what? This game is meant to have some semblance of a progression system. The Sacrifice and The Apostasy Prologue are meant to be for players who have been around for a while, not for people who have just been "woken up" from their cryogenic sleep. Players in this game are so fickle. On the one hand you have those crying because there is no late game content. On the other, you have the new players crying that they can't do certain things in the game because they're rushing it and don't have the necessary skill/weapons/mods/materials what have you. 

People need to get over themselves and either have fun with the game or move on.

• Like 4

By the time you get the bp you have access to relics and fissures so what’s the problem? Isn’t finding the required resources to build things a huge part of what the game is about?

When I started the big 3 where orokin cells, neural sensors and neurodes, I never had enough and always had to farm them before I could build new frames. Perhaps that’s why I don’t see this as an issue, just another farm.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Thelk641 said:

I say no other main quest isn't doable when you get it > you say Howl can't be done when you get it > I tell you it can be done, because of the Junction > You say it needs resources > I show you it doesn't > Therefore I am a bad player.

You're just a troll and I wasted my time talking with you

If you say so. Apparently it's been like that for a few months now? And that's your only experience with it? Because for the majority of the time it's existed it required farming on Saturn. But apparently you were spoon-fed for your whole in-game existence and expect that to always be the case. Unfortunately, you just found out that you were out of your depth. Now your choices are: learn to swim, and sink. Good luck figuring that one out. 

And like I said, the better part of 6 years worth of mainline quests, down, with most of the other content untouched, that's rushing. 

1 hour ago, Thelk641 said:

We don't know yet if it will be a requirement for the next main quest or not. If it isn't, then you're right, player can choose to invest in it or not, but if it's required then no, that argument doesn't work.

Funny. You didn't invest in any of the stuff that would have made sacrifice easier, but seem to have completed it. Looks like their argument stands. 

3 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

There is no quest, or endeavor in this game that doesn't have an element to farming in it...Paracesis is no different.

And I did a couple of Terry caps last night with a newb in the group, who probably couldn't have managed on their own, (didn't really notice them until they messaged about being able to "build the sword now") so it's not like even the totally unprepared ruahers aren't going to be able to harvest the shards given a little time and luck in public matches. 

The Ducats cost isn't much of a big deal. Pretty sure I dropped 1200 on Baro's last visit, just for a few mods. A couple of his weapons would be the same 1000. It's really not that big of an issue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thelk641 said:

Yeah, we do...

Building Paracesis isn't a requirement to complete The Chimera Prologue...The BP is a reward for having completed it.

Had it been a requirement to complete The Chimera Prologue, I'd be complaining alongside you. because the quest, itself, will undoubtedly be required for progression to the next main quest.

...Feel free to speculate otherwise, but I would be interested to see what basis you use to support it..

27 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And I did a couple of Terry caps last night with a newb in the group, who probably couldn't have managed on their own, (didn't really notice them until they messaged about being able to "build the sword now") so it's not like even the totally unprepared ruahers aren't going to be able to harvest the shards given a little time and luck in public matches. 

The Ducats cost isn't much of a big deal. Pretty sure I dropped 1200 on Baro's last visit, just for a few mods. A couple of his weapons would be the same 1000. It's really not that big of an issue. 

Real Talk? DE made it amenable for them to do so and I think that was wise.

Plink at the Purple Bar with the starting amp, Void Mode when it retaliates, Equip a hitter with radiation and focus fire the yellow bars when they appear.

People choose to buy primed mods and prisma gear off Baro all the time so I don't see what difference this cost has.

Had the BP cost 1k ducats while being offered by Baro and just had the other crafting ingredients instead... Folks would have complained it was too cheap for what it did.

• Like 2

il y a une heure, (PS4)abbacephas a dit :

Even if it is a requirement, so what?

Did you take the time to read the post I was answering ?

If it's not a requirement, then you can choose to either get it or not. If it's not a requirement, then you can't. End of the story.

il y a 37 minutes, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

Because for the majority of the time it's existed it required farming on Saturn.

That's off topic. We're talking about the game as it is now, as DE wants it to be. If DE wants Warframe to be a game where you need to search for tiny info, than the current quest line is badly designed and this in particular wouldn't have happen, but the Quills being a random NPC's dialogue is justified, if DE wants Warframe to be a game in which the main quest takes you through the content and rewards your progress, than the Quills not being part of The Sacrifice is a mistake.

il y a 40 minutes, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

You didn't invest in any of the stuff that would have...

Citation

When did I say that I wouldn't have gone to the Quills had I known where they were and that I was supposed to do that before The Sacrifice ?

I mean you don't read me so I don't see why I bother...

il y a 3 minutes, Padre_Akais a dit :

Yeah, we do...

Building Paracesis isn't a requirement to complete The Chimera Prologue.

So you do know the requirements for the next quest ? I'm curious, where have they been leaked ?

Building the personal quarter wasn't a requirement to finish the quest that gave it to you, but it was a requirement to start the next, so this is not a good enough argument. The truth is : we don't know yet, so we can't say "it's just a bonus, you don't need it therefore..." because it might be necessary, or it might not be, we'll only know when DE adds the next main quest.

49 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

So you do know the requirements for the next quest ? I'm curious, where have they been leaked ?

Most likely to have completed The Chimera Prologue.

...Just like the last quest and the one before that too.

49 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

Building the personal quarter wasn't a requirement to finish the quest that gave it to you, but it was a requirement to start the next, so this is not a good enough argument. The truth is : we don't know yet, so we can't say "it's just a bonus, you don't need it therefore..." because it might be necessary, or it might not be, we'll only know when DE adds the next main quest.

You actually compared the Personal Quarters BP to Paracesis?

Really?

OK...Go build Paracesis because it's going to be requirement based on your logic.

Do it.

We'll take this conversation back up after the next quest drops.

I predict it will look something like this....

Nelson Ha Ha GIF - Nelson HaHa TheSimpsons GIFs

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VocalMagic said:

Alright, if counter=currency, then,
As a currency are a currency which is specific to one specific shop, and that makes them a currency unlike all other currencies.
It is a currency that is obtained from another valuable currency,

No, that's wrong.

Platinum is bought, that is it's only source, that is it's unique feature. Player trading just shuffles that bought platinum.

Ducats are infinitely acquirable, the game just generates more, time is the only prerequisite, just like every other counter in the game.

Anyway I've said the same thing three times now, if you don't get it yet I don't really care, it's done, DE aren't going to change what's happened and I very much doubt that they will avoid doing it again because of this little thread so your objection is moot.

Enjoy the next fancy weapon or warframe that requires ducats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

You actually compared the Personal Quarters BP to Paracesis?

I'm actually comparing the fact that one quest required more than the completion of the previous one to the possibility that the next one might require more than just the completion of the previous quest. I know, it's crazy.

Natah requires MR3 and a scan of an Oculyst.

The Second Dream requires the Neptune Junction.

The War Within requires the Sedna Junction and MR5.

Chains of Harrow requires to have finished the Void.

The Apostasy Prologue requires to have built the personal quarter.

Only the Sacrifice, which got flamed for giving too many loot for free, and the Chimera Prologue, which lead to this topic, didn't require anything but the completion of the previous quest. That's 2 out of 7, and the Chimera Prologue gave us the first costly reward with the first craft that use ducats. I don't see how you can conclude with 100% certainty that it will be limited to having finished the previous quest.

2 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

That's not at all what I said

5 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Even if it is a requirement, so what?

So the difference between mandatory and optional is limited enough to be resumed by a "so what ?" but you don't think they're one and the same ?

4 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

So the difference between mandatory and optional is limited enough to be resumed by a "so what ?" but you don't think they're one and the same ?

Do you even English, bro?

It seems you can't even follow your own argument.

You: 

5 hours ago, Thelk641 said:

Me:

4 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Even if it is a requirement (ie. building the damn sword for the next quest following the Chimera Prologue), so what? This game is meant to have some semblance of a progression system. The Sacrifice and The Apostasy Prologue are meant to be for players who have been around for a while, not for people who have just been "woken up" from their cryogenic sleep. Players in this game are so fickle. On the one hand you have those crying because there is no late game content. On the other, you have the new players crying that they can't do certain things in the game because they're rushing it and don't have the necessary skill/weapons/mods/materials what have you. 

People need to get over themselves and either have fun with the game or move on.

I cannot be any clearer than that. If you still don't get it, don't bother responding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Real Talk? DE made it amenable for them to do so and I think that was wise.

Plink at the Purple Bar with the starting amp, Void Mode when it retaliates, Equip a hitter with radiation and focus fire the yellow bars when they appear.

People choose to buy primed mods and prisma gear off Baro all the time so I don't see what difference this cost has.

Had the BP cost 1k ducats while being offered by Baro and just had the other crafting ingredients instead... Folks would have complained it was too cheap for what it did.

Real talk. I've seen a bunch of folks going at the Terry hammered and tongs without even the Mote. And when shields pop, well let's say I hear a lot of gunfire but the synovial health bars don't move much. 

I don't mind so much, as long as they are trying and most of them have the right idea. 

And yes there's a huge market of prime junk. If you want to sell a couple of items that are in demand, then use the plat to get the junk, it goes pretty quickly. 

3 hours ago, Thelk641 said:

I mean you don't read me so I don't see why I bother...

I did, but you failed to actually quote the whole sentence, this is the paragraph in response to your claiming that it might be needed to complete the next quest:

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Funny. You didn't invest in any of the stuff that would have made sacrifice easier, but seem to have completed it. Looks like their argument stands. 

You're living proof that what you think was needed, really isn't. It makes things easier, but the quest can be completed without. You'll just find it more difficult than people who didn't rush through the content and paid a bit more attention to what was going on. 

• Like 1

@ChillyWilly to be frank, DE already made sure you kinda have to use platinum to play this game. At least in "endgame"

What used to be "booster to increase what you get as a bonus" is now "boosters, or think of warframe as your next job, because we made sure resource drop rates are as low as it can get"

Kuva for example. It takes 25~minutes to get enough kuva for 1 roll.

The ducats and the fact you WILL HAVE TO forma it 5 times is them checking the waters how much fanbois will take before backlash happens. And this forum is neverending sunshine parade of praising DE.... Just like in reddit tbh.

Edit: those ...........folks.... Don't understand that if Paracesis is the new way DE will relase their weapons (requiring ducats/5 formas), they WILL run out of those sooner or later. And it will truly screw up new starting players, that have to spend each and every forma they craft.......or buy...... for new weapons then they have to grind here, there, ducats, kuva, relics, resources, open worlds, standings, dyndicates and they stop playing because it's yet another job rather than a game.

Ducats as a price... Okay, but:

1. lower price up to 300 sounds reasonable (considering all of this will be MR fodder anyways)

2. more options to gain ducats (selling relics and whatnot)

Edited by deothor

4 hours ago, Thelk641 said:

Only the Sacrifice, which got flamed for giving too many loot for free, and the Chimera Prologue, which lead to this topic, didn't require anything but the completion of the previous quest.

How many of those pre-reqs was a specific weapon built?

...To hear you tell it, the next one is "The One" though.

You logic completely ignores the fact that if DE meant for players to have the weapon for the next quest they'd have provided the slot...which means it wouldn't have been a BP to begin with..

Put simply, Your logic is flawed because it's reliant on a logical fallacy to begin with.

...And you are probably smart enough to already know it.

But let's just cut out the rhetoric... Why don't you just go build the weapon and then whine about having actually done so because you wouldn't be allowed to do the next quest if you hadn't?...That's much simpler than complaining about what you think isn't right or fair and it gives me something specific to laugh about when the next quest drops.

Absent that, Imma let you continue to make Mountains out of Mole-Hills.

• Like 2

As many stated above, it´s not a big quantity of Ducats. It might be for someone who´s still missing the majority of prime weapons+warframes, which means you can´t just go and sell your stuff for ducats. If that´s the case though, maybe you shouldn´t be worrying about the sword in first place, eventually you´ll have enough ducats to fullfill all your needs. :)

• Like 1

“Prisoner of the moment”...

The Paracesis is a current end-game weapon.  

DE has one of the fairest F2P models going.

I get the sense that many of the complainers on here have minimal business experience.

A sense of entitlement is free.

So is the choice not to play.

I’m not saying DE hasn’t made poor monetization choices in the past.

DE has enough integrity to admit to and change mistakes.  

The Paracesis isn’t one of them.  You should be far enough into the game that the Forma/ducat costs aren’t an issue.

If you are a player trying to do everything free while investing little to no money into the product like you are pounding a free six-pack before moving on to the next freebie game, the Paracesis will cost you more of a time investment. Too bad.  So sad.  Move on if you don’t like it.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Just think about some players (not veteran or what-so-ever) who enjoy main story quest and then when the story is reaching its climax, BAM a grind wall, right on their face. I wouldn't call that a nice experience, logically speaking (with some common sense on top of it).

22 minutes ago, deadbill said:

Just think about some players (not veteran or what-so-ever) who enjoy main story quest and then when the story is reaching its climax, BAM a grind wall, right on their face. I wouldn't call that a nice experience, logically speaking (with some common sense on top of it).

Paracesis isn't a requirement to complete the quest, it's one of many rewards, and most of the others get handed out pretty much for free. The blueprint will still be there when they're ready for it.