Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Sword Crafting Cost

ChillyWilly

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Here's the thing: I understand all that. But the key factor here is time. In the time it takes you to make that 100 - 600 platinum, you could have been running additional void fissures and stocked up additional prime junk, which you could sell for additional Ducats. If you play the long game, yes, you can make a significant amount of platinum, but you can also acquire a significant amount of Ducats during that time as well.

I already have more than enough ducats for the weapon fyi

In fact, I did a little inventory check
If i sold every single prime part i have right now (with tons of vaulted stuff) i would have more than 5000 ducats at hand ( ~15K plat at current market value)

Its still ridiculous to use stockpiles of a currency as crafting material for a single weapon

20 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Real life is overrated. Avoid it if you can.

True but if you have to work full time and don't want to play the grind aspect of WF all your spare time then its a pretty bad move

• Like 1

Justo ahora, ChillyWilly dijo:

In a way I still think Platinum and Ducats are close together, but I guess I'ma drop that view point for now

Relics don't come from all mission, only endless one, And I'm sick doing endless missions, Maybe thats why

Wow i have no idea that capture mision were endless ... or spy misions ....

34 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

And all of this... to unlock a mainline quest and have access to the lore of the game, something that, in the past, always rewarded you, sometimes even giving you stuff you can only have with plat (weapons slots with the two Broken melee weapons, frame slot with Umbra), and now requires you to farm the Cetus' boss AND the relics AND wait for 24h just to have the honor of knowing what happens next.

What's next ? DLCs ?

That's assuming that this particular weapon is, at all, a hard requirement for future content.  Since we've done just fine in dealing with every Sentient we've had the opportunity to punch in the face repeatedly without it, and since the whole Chimera thing is marked as completed when it gives you the blueprint instead of when it's crafted, there's nothing to suggest that this particular weapon will outright lock anyone out of further content.

Edited by Vox_Preliator

8 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

I already have more than enough ducats for the weapon fyi

In fact, I did a little inventory check
If i sold every single prime part i have right now (with tons of vaulted stuff) i would have more than 5000 ducats at hand ( ~15K plat at current market value)

Ok? Good for you, I guess. 

8 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Its still ridiculous to use stockpiles of a currency as crafting material for a single weapon

So, for consistency, you object to the credits cost for crafting weapons as well then?

• Like 2

il y a 4 minutes, Vox_Preliator a dit :

That's assuming that this particular weapon is, at all, a hard requirement for future content.  Since we've done just fine in dealing with every Sentient we've had the opportunity to punch in the face repeatedly without it, and since the whole Chimera thing is marked as completed when it gives you the blueprint instead of when it's crafted, there's nothing to suggest that this particular weapon will outright lock anyone out of further content.

You're telling me that :

1) This prologue was the only thing we got, and it finishing on "now craft this sword" was meaningless.

2) This new sword, overhyped as hell, nearly as much as Umbra was during the Sacrifice, is not going to be anything else than an MR fodder ?

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing you.

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

So, for consistency, you object to the credits cost for crafting weapons as well then?

If i had to use 1mil credits for one weapon while i could use said credits to get premium currency or 2-3 other rare weapons/mods then yes.

In fact, it does seem that you don't value your digital goods(equivalent in time) nearly as much as many other players i've met over the years.

I'm ok with the normal grind but imo this is definitely going into the wrong direction

1 minute ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

I think that is ok. Sibear needs 30.000 cryotic, hema... well all we know the hema dojo requirements.

Both weapons have incredibly bad input/output stats

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Never crafted the sibear but i use the hema with a riven and is fekin stronk.

No wonder if you use a riven on a 3/5 dispo gun thats not entirely trash

The thing is that other weapons can do more while they cost less, hence the low input/output value (sibear is trash btw)

12 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

If i had to use 1mil credits for one weapon while i could use said credits to get premium currency or 2-3 other rare weapons/mods then yes.

In fact, it does seem that you don't value your digital goods(equivalent in time) nearly as much as many other players i've met over the years.

You're correct, I do not put any inherent value on digital goods and I'm always amused by people who do. I play games for fun. This isn't a full time job. I play at a casual rate that suits me, and I acquire things when I acquire them.

Do I have 1000 Ducats lying around? No.

Do I care? No.

Will I acquire it if need be? Maybe, if the weapon interests me.

19 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

I'm ok with the normal grind but imo this is definitely going into the wrong direction

Grind is grind. To try and distinguish one form of grind from another is just silly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChillyWilly said:

Either make the Ducats cost atleast 200 (Yes I'm not spending more than 2 rare parts for a single and possibly an MR Fodder weapon) or Change it to use Nitain or Argon instead.

I'm not good at PC prices. Your plat fluctuates too much in value.

Here's my math:

1000 ducats = roughly 67 prime junk 

67 prime junk =  roughly 134 plat 

134 plat = 2 rare parts

(The last is the part I'm not sure about I used warframe market some sets go for less some go for a lot more.) 

So.. Yeah? Right now I'm thinking that you can already get the Ducats from 2 rare parts. 

• Like 1

Ducat->GUARANTEE TO GET by selling prime part TO AN NPC that will NEVER RUN OUT OF DUCAT TO GIVE with FIXED AND UNCHANGED PRICE, and WILL GUARANTEE TO SELL no matter what, and can be farmed WITHOUT EVER REQUIRE you or someone to pay. Basically the same as credit.
Plat->NOT GUARANTEE TO GET, NOT GUARANTEE TO SELL, and ever changing price, THAT ALSO REQUIRED SOMEONE, either you or another person, to put in real money, or else it is IMPOSSIBLE TO GET.

sAMe THINgS

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

You're telling me that :

1) This prologue was the only thing we got, and it finishing on "now craft this sword" was meaningless.

2) This new sword, overhyped as hell, nearly as much as Umbra was during the Sacrifice, is not going to be anything else than an MR fodder ?

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing you.

1)  Maybe.  I wouldn't know, and neither would you.

2)  Maybe.  I wouldn't know, and neither would you.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

You're correct, I do not put any inherent value on digital goods and I'm always amused by people who do. I play games for fun. This isn't a full time job.

Thats funny because I only play for fun too and thats why I dislike the crafting cost of this weapon.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Grind is grind. To try and distinguish one form of grind from another is just silly.

If you can't distinguish the different levels of grind in Warframe then I am afraid that you don't have a clue about this games core elements.

You are implying that 20h of easy work is exactly the same as 40h of hard work and thats the real silly thing here

25 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Thats funny because I only play for fun too and thats why I dislike the crafting cost of this weapon.

If you can't distinguish the different levels of grind in Warframe then I am afraid that you don't have a clue about this games core elements.

You are implying that 20h of easy work is exactly the same as 40h of hard work and thats the real silly thing here

Well if you're equating 1k ducats worth of grind as a "hard grind," then your differentiation of what is a easy grind and what is a hard grind is as easily skewed.

Edited by (PS4)JaysInc_
  • Like 1

I just hit day 150 and 1000 ducats is easy to get for me. I had over 3k when Barro's arrived last time just from farming for the recent primes.

I farm the frames and weapons I want and then sell the excess bits until I have enough plat I need for cats/reactors/skins the rest gets dumped into ducats.

To be fair I am not a platinum hoarder so it doesn't bother me to loose out on "potential platinum".

Another day another ducat.

• Like 1