Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Sword Crafting Cost

ChillyWilly

16 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Thats funny because I only play for fun too and thats why I dislike the crafting cost of this weapon.

I would question that. If you aren't playing a game for the sheer entertainment of that game, then you aren't having fun. 

17 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

If you can't distinguish the different levels of grind in Warframe then I am afraid that you don't have a clue about this games core elements.

I can't distinguish it because there is nothing to distinguish. Let me summarize the game's core element for you: Grind. Allow me to expand a bit on what grind is: you play the same missions over and over and over again at a chance of acquiring mods/resources/prime parts so that you can then build other weapons, resources, warframes and get more "powerful". That is the single core element of this game. There are no "levels" of grind. You have to invest time playing to acquire things (if you don't want to spend money) and when playing for fun, it's about the journey not the destination (yes, it's cliched, but true).

20 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

You are implying that 20h of easy work is exactly the same as 40h of hard work and thats the real silly thing here

Firstly, I'm implying nothing. I'm flat out stating that grind is grind. Secondly, who said anything about work? We're talking about playing a video game here. Once it starts feeling like "work", you are no longer having fun.

I'm with the OP on this, the cost does seem a bit excessive all things considered. 

Needing a weapon to craft it is not an issue (plus in most cases is the time gate) and in all honesty needing ducats is not really an issue, the 1000 ducats is.  While I've noticed an 'upwards trend' on ducat prices from DE of late (got to have a reason to run all those relics we get from eso....) it still doesn't mean we should need to spend 1000 ducats to build a weapon from a quest. 

I'd be happy with 500 ducat cost, it's not 'newbie friendly' but it's not excessively high either. 

Funnily enough I have enough of the eidolon shards even though I haven't been bothered with eidolons for a while lol

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

il y a 3 minutes, (PS4)abbacephas a dit :

Define "main" quest.

Vor's Prize, Natah, The Second Dream, The War Within, Apostasy Prologue / The Sacrifice, Chimera Prologue / Chimera.

The quests that tell you the story of the Locus, the Tennos and the war between the Tennos and the Orokins. They are defined as "main" on the wiki and all, with the exception of Vor Prize, because it's the tutorial, and Natah for some odd reason, give way better rewards than every other quest in the game. The one and only item you had to craft to go from the tutorial to this new Prologue is the Personal Quarter, with were nearly free, so I'll ask you again : did you need to grind for any of these quests, was there before a requirement to grind to continue the main lore of this video game ?

• Like 3

Right now I am rebuilding a galatine for it.  I don't keep the non-prime of anything if there is a prime.  I had enough prime parts to pretty easily get the 1000 ducats mostly because I have the half-hearted goal of having 10 prime parts for most everything which seems to get reset nearly every Baro visit.  So I can very much afford to build it.  I will probably even stay up tonight to get it started after the galatine is built.

At the same time, I won't lie and say converting some of my stockpile of prime parts didn't sting a little.  It did.  I haven't been playing much since the last Baro visit which cleaned out a good chunk of my excess uncommons for all the new prime mods I haven't done anything with yet.  So scrape together 1000 ducats today, I had to dip into converting a few of my rares that I had at or close to 10 already.

I will pay the cost as I can afford to do so.  I think the cost is a little steep, but not so much to be outraged over.  My pile of Forma blueprints is already telling me I should be doing more relic runs anyways.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

Vor's Prize, Natah, The Second Dream, The War Within, Apostasy Prologue / The Sacrifice, Chimera Prologue / Chimera.

The quests that tell you the story of the Locus, the Tennos and the war between the Tennos and the Orokins. They are defined as "main" on the wiki and all, with the exception of Vor Prize, because it's the tutorial, and Natah for some odd reason, give way better rewards than every other quest in the game. The one and only item you had to craft to go from the tutorial to this new Prologue is the Personal Quarter, with were nearly free, so I'll ask you again : did you need to grind for any of these quests, was there before a requirement to grind to continue the main lore of this video game ?

All of them (with the exception of Vor's Prize as that is the very first mission in the game when you start). They require a particular MR to complete, which makes it locked behind a grind.

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas
Clarification needed.
  • Like 2

I Will say it like that. This weapn is from last quest what means that u have to do all quest before that, u have all planets unlocked and already u have a lot of stuff. No begginer player gona have even a chance to have it since u have to do this stuff before. 1000 ducats is basicly all that grinded S#&$ worth 1-10 plat that u will never sell anyway cuz u are to lazy or sth.

It is not this hard to get it, even if  u will say it is premium currency, prime parts are not cuz u can't get them from warframe market for rly money u can only drop them as u are playing.

This game is totaly free so pls stop whining. And come the **** on, Hema isn't a facking meme cuz of nothing+it is more like a chalenge for a clan. It's good that not evrything is too easy to gain cuz otherwise game would be rly boring.                                                                             (sry for bad english 😞 ) 

I don't mind the ducat cost. It's the Eidolon shards that frustrates me. I hope future quests don't require this weapon, because I won't be building it. One weapon isn't going to make me interested enough to fight Eidolon's. So I got a blueprint that'll just be sitting there now.

Ducats are quite possibly the easiest resource to farm in this game. It's super straight forward. It takes time, but it's very easy and you're guaranteed to get ducats every single rotation. 

Oh yeah, Eidolon shards are probably the second easiest resource to farm...

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

il y a 37 minutes, (PS4)abbacephas a dit :

All of them (with the exception of Vor's Prize as that is the very first mission in the game when you start). They require a particular MR to complete, which makes it locked behind a grind.

Except even if you rush them, you'll by high-enough MR to do them, so no, they aren't locked behind a grind, they're locked behind casually playing the game, that's call progression, not grinding. You want this to be the same ? Find, take out the ducats, replace them with orokin cells or any other resources that you get via just playing the game. If you have to stop what you're doing to go get a single resources, that's farming, and that's what wasn't needed for any main quest before this one.

Edited by Thelk641

2 minutes ago, Brandt1 said:

I don't mind the ducat cost. It's the Eidolon shards that frustrates me. I hope future quests don't require this weapon, because I won't be building it. One weapon isn't going to make me interested enough to fight Eidolon's. So I got a blueprint that'll just be sitting there now.

I thought Eidolon's shards are acctualy much more easy cuz it is basically killing eidylon 5 times. And if u are bad(not saying u are just in general) im sure that people in solo queue will carry u on that one + he doesn't take this much time to do+ farming Eidolon is big part of upgreading your operator and warframes. But that is just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, WoxJ said:

I thought Eidolon's shards are acctualy much more easy cuz it is basically killing eidylon 5 times. And if u are bad(not saying u are just in general) im sure that people in solo queue will carry u on that one + he doesn't take this much time to do+ farming Eidolon is big part of upgreading your operator and warframes. But that is just my opinion.

I might be bad at it haha. I'm a solo player, so I've never done them. I don't think I even have a frame or weapon setup to be useful for them.

I haven't really need to or had a reason to. I've gotten up to rank 2 with The Quills since that just requires cores to do that. Never went past it. 

2 minutes ago, Brandt1 said:

I might be bad at it haha. I'm a solo player, so I've never done them. I don't think I even have a frame or weapon setup to be useful for them.

I haven't really need to or had a reason to. I've gotten up to rank 2 with The Quills since that just requires cores to do that. Never went past it. 

All you need to do is kill the first Eidolon. It's not hard. I have used almost every frame I own to capture or kill it. Ash, Sayrn, Excalibur, Zephyr, Khora, Gara, etc. You can take anybody. Just try it. I've used beam weapons(Amprex, Quanta, Phantasma), multiple secondaries, melee weapons(not recommended), and even Warframe powers(some do work). But just take a tanky frame and a sniper rifle and use operator mode to avoid the scarier attacks. I promise it's pretty easy.

23 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

Except even if you rush them, you'll by high-enough MR to do them, so no, they aren't locked behind a grind, they're locked behind casually playing the game, that's call progression, not grinding. You want this to be the same ? Find, take out the ducats, replace them with orokin cells or any other resources that you get via just playing the game. If you have to stop what you're doing to go get a single resources, that's farming, and that's what wasn't needed for any main quest before this one.

0801! You're cute.

The game revolves around grind. Full stop. You want to progress? Grind for it. You want a mod? Grind for it. You want a new weapon to get a higher MR? Grind for it. You want that new prime Warframe to get a higher MR? Grind for it.

It's all grind, but feel free to bury your head in the sand if you wish.

EXCEPT the main quest. If you want to bury your head in sand and think that because everything else work that way there's no reason for this to be an exception, that's your choice, but you're still wrong, no main quest asked you to grind for it, not a single one, that's a fact.

9 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

EXCEPT the main quest. If you want to bury your head in sand and think that because everything else work that way there's no reason for this to be an exception, that's your choice, but you're still wrong, no main quest asked you to grind for it, not a single one, that's a fact.

giphy.gif

My problem is just...it doesn't seem worth it? Like yeah it can go up to rank 40 which is neat but I have both Galatine and Gram Prime to fulfill my 'powerful heavy blade' quota and I can stand being a little bit below 100% efficient. Sure it can kill sentients (apparently) but umbra can just shout really loud at them and that does the trick. I don't feel like a little extra mastery is worth 1000 ducats when I could spend that money on multiple interesting things from Baro (and possibly even profit by re-selling stuff I buy from the good martian).

Could I make enough ducats to make this sword? Yeah, easily. Does it feel worth 1000 ducats? To me no. 

1k additional point to mastery rank
60% sentient dmg
reseting sentient resistance
stylish look
quest item
a important lore sword

nope the price is adequate

PS.
1000k spend (edit 1k ducats*)
60:platinium for speed up build (Gala + Para) + plats for catalyst and formas
i'm enjoyed :V

PS2. Why u dont cry Baroo Prizes is too high? 500 ducats for armor/mod, etc...

Edited by Rin-senpai
  • Like 2

You say its a currency, but there is only one trader who accepts it,  we literally have no idea what he does with it.  

Ducats seem to be essentially a crushed oriokin tech? Why not repurpose it ourselves when we can? 

Currency is a resource,  resources are currency in their own respect. 

If a npc accepted alloy plates as its only currency I don't think anyone would object,  we need a dump for it.