Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn changes make me go Vay Hek

Acerbus

9 minutes ago, seashrine said:

Her Molt basically removes status effects and gives some breathing room, which is the same thing Rolling Guard does.

Molt also boosts movement speed.

Molt does not have a cooldown.

Molt does not grant invulnerability.

Regenerating Molt is a better use of a slot if all you want from Rolling Guard is the status dispel.

Minor effect overlap does not constitute redundancy.

7 minutes ago, Acerbus said:

Molt takes an entire ability.

But it's a pretty decent ability. There are many abilities in this game that are much, much worse.

Rolling Guard seems good on paper but it's definitely not something I'd sacrifice a mod slot for.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

But it's a pretty decent ability. There are many abilities in this game that are much, much worse.

Rolling Guard seems good on paper but it's definitely not something I'd sacrifice a mod slot for.

If I can get much of what the ability does with a mod, I'd rather use up the mod slot and have a whole another ability, catch my drift?
Much like I'd happily use up a mod slot for Heavy Impact on Rhino if that meant I could have a different passive.

Just now, Acerbus said:

If I can get much of what the ability does with a mod, I'd rather use up the mod slot and have a whole another ability, catch my drift?
Much like I'd happily use up a mod slot for Heavy Impact on Rhino if that meant I could have a different passive.

But as the previous guy said, effect overlap doesn't make one or the other redundant.

59 minutes ago, seashrine said:

The issue is not the nerf, the issue is painting 2 nerfs as a buff on the same patch that makes her other ability redundant.

Actually, no, that's not what they did.
The two nerfs were separate from the part that was painted as a buff. The only thing they didn't include was a note that it would still deal the intended damage.

In actuality, this IS a buff, as she's still going to be dealing x2 on Miasma from the pre-"nerf" value to spore targets, and if you're playing Saryn right, all targets should be spore targets anyways. This was literally a "the bug fix is actually a buff, so we need to include a nerf in exchange", and they gave you a damn near meaningless set of nerfs just so the number of people reeee-ing about her getting a buff was smaller.

Edited by Eirshy

hace 27 minutos, (PS4)godlysparta dijo:

Considering how overpowered Saryn is in ESO, the nerf was probably warranted. 

Let's nerf Ivara considering how good she's in Spy.
Let's nerf Loki considering how good he's in any non-killing mission.
Let's nerf Rhino considering how good he's in Index.

Just now, seashrine said:

Let's nerf Ivara considering how good she's in Spy.
Let's nerf Loki considering how good he's in any non-killing mission.
Let's nerf Rhino considering how good he's in Index.

You forgot mention Let's nerf Rubico hoe good that is in "plain of edo"

hace 35 minutos, Eirshy dijo:

Actually, no, that's not what they did.
The two nerfs were separate from the part that was painted as a buff. The only thing they didn't include was a note that it would still deal the intended damage.

In actuality, this IS a buff, as she's still going to be dealing x2 on Miasma from the pre-"nerf" value to spore targets, and if you're playing Saryn right, all targets should be spore targets anyways. This was literally a "the bug fix is actually a buff, so we need to include a nerf in exchange", and they gave you a damn near meaningless set of nerfs just so the number of people reeee-ing about her getting a buff was smaller.

The bug fix is not a buff. It was meant to put her where her power should lie. And a 30% drop on her most damaging ability is not at all meaningless, it's pretty much a 30% damage drop across the table.

2 hours ago, seashrine said:

Yes, it's a nerf:
Un-spored damage is halved.
As for the "cap", it's not a cap, it's an increase per second. You reach the "cap" per second with 10 targets spored, which is pretty much a constant. What that nerf does is reduce the damage output of spore to 70% of what it was.

Wow, you know deal 70k max damage per tick, instead of 100k. HORRIBLE NERF, I'M GONNA CRYYYYY

Saryn is perfectly fine. You crybabies need to chill. 

hace 3 minutos, (PS4)LoisGordils dijo:

Wow, you know deal 70k max damage per tick, instead of 100k. HORRIBLE NERF, I'M GONNA CRYYYYY

Saryn is perfectly fine. You crybabies need to chill. 

Let's do something: go read the patch notes. Now go read spore's ability. As a general tip, try to understand what you are talking about before opening your mouth and proving how little idea you have.

(Edit: because I know you won't): Spore nerf is to the damage increase cap per second, not the damage max, who no one reaches anyways.
That means that they do LESS DAMAGE EVERY TICK, and take longer to increase. It's literally a 30% reduction in damage all across the board.

Still, go improve your reading comprehension, man, it's sad to see how quickly people jump to show their opinion like it's the holy grail.

Edited by seashrine

1 x 1 = 1

This was how miasma was functioning for both spored and unspored targets. They intended it to be 1 x 2 =  2 for spored targets.

Now for unspored targets its .5 x 1 = .5

Now for spored targets its .5 x 4 = 2

Its still the same for spored targets, but if all you were doing was hitting that 4 button without spreading spores you're gonna do 50% less damage. Spam 4 is bad for the game, so these are good changes which incentivize using more than one ability.

This is a nerf if the only use for your head is smashing whatever key is mapped to your ability 4 button.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Acerbus:

Normal Miasma does half damage, spored Miasma now works as always intended, a.k.a. "Oopsie, turns out we low-key *ed over Saryn players for half a year, let's nerf 'em to make it up to them." ?

This is unacceptable.

nerf ? miasma deals double the damage. u just cant spam it on its own anymore, if u do it only half damage compared to before, but double if u use it the way its supposed to be used: with spore...

Justo ahora, Cibyllae dijo:

1 x 1 = 1

This was how miasma was functioning for both spored and unspored targets. They intended it to be 1 x 2 =  2 for spored targets.

Now for unspored targets its .5 x 1 = .5

Now for spored targets its .5 x 4 = 2

Its still the same for spored targets, but if all you were doing was hitting that 4 button without spreading spores you're gonna do 50% less damage. Spam 4 is bad for the game, so these are good changes which incentivize using more than one ability.

This is a nerf if the only use for your head is smashing whatever key is mapped to your ability 4 button.

I have no quarrell with the Miasma changes. It was a due bugfix and you aren't meant to use Saryn's 4 to clean rooms you haven't spored.

But the nerf on spores is huge. It's a 30% reduction in her core ability, for no good reason, as "compensation" for a buff that is actually not a buff, but just a bugfix. To those who use 4 sparingly and are based on spore, AKA the ones you defend when you say "4 spam is bad for the game", this is actually 100% hindering.

@seashrine

Prior to this patch, Miasma did x1 damage to all targets.
After this patch, Miasma deals 0.5x damage to non-Spored targets, but x2 damage to spored targets.

That's a buff. That's effectively a free x2 with how easy it is to spread spores.

Also she didn't lose 30% of spores' damage, she lost 30% of the cap on spore's damage. Oh no, she falls off in Mot like 20-30 minutes sooner... It's a good thing Mot isn't real content. Hell, even in ESO I don't think I've seen above 4k per-tick, and the cap even after the nerf is 70k.

Edited by Eirshy

hace 1 minuto, Xydeth dijo:

nerf ? miasma deals double the damage. u just cant spam it on its own anymore, if u do it only half damage compared to before, but double if u use it the way its supposed to be used: with spore...

No. It does exactly the damage it was supposed to do. There was a bug preventing it.
And then they slapped a huge nerf on spore.

hace 2 minutos, Eirshy dijo:

Prior to this patch, Miasma did x1 damage to all targets.
After this patch, Miasma deals 0.5x damage to non-Spored targets, but x2 damage to spored targets.

That's a buff. That's effectively a free x2 with how easy it is to spread spores.

Also she didn't lose 30% of spores' damage, she lost 30% of the cap on spore's damage. Oh no, she falls off in Mot like 20-30 minutes sooner... It's a good thing Mot isn't real content. Hell, even in ESO I don't think I've seen above 4k per-tick, and the cap is 70k.

She lost 30% of the CAP OF THE INCREASE PER SECOND. That means that from second 2 onwards she's doing 30% less damage all across the board.

Example for those who need numeric examples: If base damage is 10 + 2 per infected person, pre-nerf it would be 10, 30, 50, 70, 90 = 250 in 5 seconds.
Post nerf,
10, 24, 38, 52, 66 = 190 in 5 seconds.

It's not the final cap. It's the whole ability.

Edited by seashrine

2 minutes ago, seashrine said:

But the nerf on spores is huge. It's a 30% reduction in her core ability, for no good reason, as "compensation" for a buff that is actually not a buff, but just a bugfix. To those who use 4 sparingly and are based on spore, AKA the ones you defend when you say "4 spam is bad for the game", this is actually 100% hindering.

You have viral and corrosive guaranteed status effects, across the w h o l e. f u c k i n g.  m a p.

She is quite literally the most broken frame in this game and you are complaining about losing excess power she doesn't need. Please go back to Destiny 2.

5 minutes ago, seashrine said:

She lost 30% of the CAP OF THE INCREASE PER SECOND. That means that from second 2 onwards she's doing 30% less damage all across the board.

So I was about to go tell you to reread the patch notes, because when I went through and summarized them for my clan it very clearly said the 100k cap was reduced to 70k...

But then I found them saying this: """ Spores scaling damage per second cap has been reduced from 10 to 7.  """

Soooo.... Not sure which is the real one because earlier in the thread it was said it got edited from that to be the 100k->70k cap, and now it's apparently been edited back.

I can't go in-game to test this.

Though I will say that I highly doubt even losing 30% of the ramp-up rate is gonna make her kill rate noticeably slower.

Edited by Eirshy

hace 2 minutos, Eirshy dijo:

So I was about to go tell you to reread the patch notes, because when I went through and summarized them for my clan it very clearly said the 100k cap was reduced to 70k...

But then I found them saying this: """ Spores scaling damage per second cap has been reduced from 10 to 7.  """

Soooo.... Not sure which is the real one because earlier in the thread it was said it got edited from that to be the 100k->70k cap, and now it's apparently been edited back.

I can't go in-game to test this.

Though I will say that I highly doubt even losing 30% of the ramp-up is gonna make her kill rate noticeably slower.

I can tell you exactly: 30% slower. Unless you spam miasma, which is exactly the kind of thing D.E wants to prevent.

2 minutes ago, seashrine said:

I can tell you exactly: 30% slower. Unless you spam miasma, which is exactly the kind of thing D.E wants to prevent.

Actually no, it's not 30% slower, and it's impossible for it to BE 30% slower. The ramp-up rate has diminishing TTK returns the higher it has already ramped up. 30% less acceleration does not mean 30% less velocity.

Also, pretty sure that's not what DE's trying to prevent here. Because as-is, Saryn presses 1 and the whole map dies.

Well, 1 then 3 then LMB.

Edited by Eirshy

21 minutes ago, seashrine said:

Let's do something: go read the patch notes. Now go read spore's ability. As a general tip, try to understand what you are talking about before opening your mouth and proving how little idea you have.

(Edit: because I know you won't): Spore nerf is to the damage increase cap per second, not the damage max, who no one reaches anyways.
That means that they do LESS DAMAGE EVERY TICK, and take longer to increase. It's literally a 30% reduction in damage all across the board.

Still, go improve your reading comprehension, man, it's sad to see how quickly people jump to show their opinion like it's the holy grail.

I know exactly what I am talking about and guess what? She is still fine, because she was absurd to begin with (and still is)

You're still a crybaby, though. Saryn is still extremely powerful.