Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

morningstar999

broken kubrow/kavat textures! [fixed on pc?]

note its now 10/11/18 and the texture is still broken! the 'fix' for fortuna did not work. 

a current look at fur: (18/11/18) 

left how it used to look -right how it is today, it seemed to have affected¬†colors as well ūüėē

texture.png

the new update has killed all the kubrow fur! 

ckuNcb4.jpg

also kavat whiskers/fluff!

m2v9sgY.png

Yep, someone reported this in another thread (and in reddit) to. Looks terrible xD

Armchair appraisal: it looks like sticks-out-from-base-model fur/fluff which would normally be transparent (to help disguise that everything at its heart is a quadrilateral shape) is instead translucent. For kavats that's only a little fluff and the whiskers; for kubrows it's the whole pup.

This is my merle girl:

unknown.png

And my should-be-neon brightly dyed bulky girl:

unknown.png

Kavats are doing much better but are still blatantly borked:

unknown.png

Not sure if this is the intended outcome for people with low settings, but people with low graphics can clearly see the texture base on the model, (above the ears  and the whole outline of the dog). Hope it is fixed..

qxle92T.jpg

28 minutes ago, Selrina said:

Not sure if this is the intended outcome for people with low settings, but people with low graphics can clearly see the texture base on the model, (above the ears  and the whole outline of the dog). Hope it is fixed..

qxle92T.jpg

The whole kubrow thing is broken. Low setting, high settings, nothing changes, they still have this underbrush fur effect.

All we wanted is an easy way to ID colors, instead we get this bug. why tho?

I was wondering whether other players also have this issue. Well then, looks like another side effect of the numerous graphics optimisations they included in the 23.10 mainline patch.

The kubrow fur looks like it's got the same post it notes style texture effect going on that some kubrow/kavat hybrids have....

Bumping this, hope this gets fixed soon cause my beautiful puppies don't deserve to look like miniature horses from Skyrim.

Noticed this when going through my companions in stasis, I guess I'm sticking with my Helminth or robotic buddies (Kavats have minor issues associated with this like whiskers)

VC4uiuf.jpgIf you squat down near or clip through a kubrow on a dark map or even aim your guns light at them they're textures go all distorted and sometimes even have a black transparent box floating over them

Having the same problem no matter how I change my graphic settings.

Kavats are also affected but their fur is mostly short so it doesn't look as extreme. Sticking to the Hyekka skin until this gets fixed.

*bump* 

as someone who helps out the community with kubrows and kavats a lot, running a dedicated discord and facebook, breeding and price guides and evaluations,  I can confidently say a lot of us are pretty upset by this and we are hoping this gets sorted soon as we are all currently unable to breed/sell etc as we can't tell colours and things properly and it makes our best works ugly as hell. 

people like myself put 1000's and 1000's of plat into our companions so Im going to regularly bump this post until it's fixed in hopes the devs see this and make it a Priority. guaranteed it should be an easy fix, as it just seems the texture is out of alignment.