Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

broken kubrow/kavat textures! (broken again as of new war)

morningstar999

@[DE]Danielle

@[DE]Rebecca

people WANT. THIS. FIXED. this has been reported a multitude number of times and all we get is "investigating" "we're looking into it but no immediate fix" and for xbox/ps4 "it'll be fixed with X update"

With this many reports and replies you would think this problem would be a priority by now and not just a "blow off put it on the backburner play with other less reported and less game breaking issues instead"

I use to be able to tell the difference in markings when light blue and light brown! if i cant tell a striped from a patchy now when i was able to before, CLEARLY the issue has NOT fixed! 

Kubrows are ALREADY low on the most played companions list. Dont make them nonexsistant because of a texture bug! Dx

FIX. IT. 

Edited by KrazyKubrowLady

To DE:

Are there any updates to this thread regarding a potential fix incoming any time with the next few hotfixes?

This issue has been present since the Chimera update and hasn't been addressed until now with the latest Fortuna release and hotfixes.

Update is awesome minus a few bugs and glitches here and there, nothing too terrible I don't think.

Other than this Kubrow fur glitch. It's pretty painful and has gone on for quite some time now which I find surprising. Any idea when this will be fixed? They are so very painful to look at now. 😢 They looked fine before the Chimera update.

Their fur appears to be see-through. I feel like I am always looking at my doggo's bones, or like it is suffering from some sort of weird "pixel mange". 😂

YQCOUnn.png

My female Chesa kubrow, Kandy Korn. I feel like she should look a lot fluffier than this. Instead you see a "hard outline" of her body underneath odd, thin, see-through fur. ☹️

GcXx7dX.png

Below is Kandy Korn on my orbiter where the lighting is bright. Her fur is nothing more than a vague blur/outline. Please fix, DE? 😭

ajHDRoW.png

Edited by MenstrualDeranged
Fix

Yes, I think so too !

DE please repair our kubrow,

They are a  part entire of your game, exactly like kavats or others things, ( when some problems are signaled, you repair these soon ), why you don't anything for the kubrows? !!  

Hum, I can't believe that you don't know how repair that 😏

I dunno if I'm the only one here also having this problem with their game as well, but it doesn't only seem to be just a "kubrow" thing.. I don't have any before or after pics of my game in general, but my general OCD remembers quite memorably that the game's shaders, textures, and lighting were actually MUCH more realistic than they were after the Chimera update was pushed out.

I've tried almost everything you can think of; from verifying, to completely deleting and reinstalling the game and my graphics cards.. and still, everything just looks washed out and and a lot more pixely compared to how the pre-Chimera version of the game had looked.

Hopefully DE will fix both that, and especially those dreaded kubrow textures that are now in the game before too long.

Don't get me wrong.. I wholeheartedly respect DE, or I pry wouldn't be throwing money at em' in-game all the time like candy in a parade. but when a newer update to a game breaks almost everything visually, and makes the game as glitchy as can be.. things like that should really be patched out before they decide to dish out another big update without the actual "fixes" within it. :awkward:

Edited by Zydomus

I have had pb textures after chimera update and I have spent a lot of time to adjust, now it is better but  I don't check " color correction" and it is a little better !!

But yes you have reason after chimera uptade there are a lot of pb with graphic option and fur kubrow!

Let's hope the DE hear us and take the time to find a solution very soon.

EDIT: Whoops, somehow I didn't see the video further up the page. Sorry to repost.

In case the members of this thread haven't heard, the build used for the Switch version has the good kubrow textures. A YouTuber made a video comparing them, so you can look it up.

In fact, here you go:

Just for anyone who still isn't certain their memories are accurate.

Edited by PlasmaJedi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So DE, you were worried because people didn't like that new Mesa Prime helmet, so you came up with the Excalibur Prime of helmets with this alt. prime helmet for Mesa.. 
All that to insure sales. Not that it's wrong or bad, but this is actually showing what are your priorities.. 
It took you a few days to fix operator cosmetics...
You bothered to fix a wrong sound played by a specific weapon...
And many other fixes, most of them were very welcomed, true.

But fixing a 2+ months old visual bug? This is bad DE, if you can't fix that and bring back the old looks, just let the community know, end our suffering caused by the unknown future of the ugly kubrow furs.😡

😾 here's a mad cat emoji, because kavats are broken too, my kavats look like they have fish scales instead of fur with that horrible shiny effect

😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾 10/10 disappointed 

Edited by KairoJustice

Updates on updates, at each time, I hope kubrow fur is fixed... but no since 2 months !!

Considering that you do nothing about fur kubrow and kavat, and you will never do anything, ( now it is a certitude ) ,

To the extent that the kubrow and Kavat have no interest for you,  please DE report it officially in game which will have the advantage of not luring the new player and / or the veterans, 

( in my opinion it will be more honest ) 😏

10/10 disappointed too 🤔

I tried the new armor set as well that came out with Baruuk and it clips bad. In fact on my kubrow the front cuffs rest with the back side clipping into her legs and the back part of the armor clips even when she is resting into her rear end. Another cool model that is visually impacted by clipping.