Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Discharge Does Nothing [Fixed]

BurningPenguin6

Someone made a video of this: 

I've been encountering the same issue. My theory is that Discharge won't hit enemies that are under the effects of another ability (such as Saryn's), as I can occasionally hit enemies as soon as the zone begins, AND just after they spawn sometimes.

I've been encountering the same issue. My theory is that Discharge won't hit enemies that are under the effects of another ability (such as Saryn's), as I can occasionally hit enemies as soon as the zone begins, AND just after they spawn sometimes.

Here's a video someone made: 

I've got the same issue with Volt and with stuttering. My theory with Volt is that it won't hit an enemy under the influence of another ability (ie Saryn). That might explain why it hits just fine at the start of a zone, and seems to randomly work at other times.

Here's another video someone made: 

Okay i started having the Problem too using Volt in Sancuary Onslaught.
Tested it and the main Problem was as long as A Saryn has Some Spores on a Enemy the Enemy doenst get any Dmg from the Discharge at all.
So as long theres a Saryn in the Lobby a Volt is Absolutly unplayable.

On 2018-10-13 at 3:35 PM, Seebeez said:

Alright so I'm curious if others are experiencing this also. Very strange stuttering while in ESO/SO, like frames drop to 0 but I don't think that's what it is. I noticed you had these happen in your video too.

Having the same issue, where it seems like the game lags out, then works fine... Also my Volt Discharge is having the same issue. 

A little bit more testing with it;

Missions Affected:

Sanctuary Onslaught and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught

Problem & Description:

Upon entering a new zone (any zone after zone 1), Volt's Discharge works as intended only 2 times. After these initial 2 uses;

• The Energy used to activate the ability is consumed
  • The initial outward wave affect is displayed
  • There will be no countdown timer on the ability
  • The wave & the ability do zero damage
  • None of the enemies within range will take damage from it nor will they be stunned
  • The lightning that is normally displayed when discharge is active, is not displayed

Attempts at making Discharge work as normal:

• Falling off of the map, will give you 1 more use with it. Afterwards it goes back to not working. (tried multiple times by going off map, didn't fix it)
  • Transfering in and out of operator mode does not fix it.
  • Host Migration, if in a new zone, fixes it for that zone only. After entering the next zone after a most migration, discharge goes back to 2 uses only doing no damage and the 'broken' state.
  • Dying does not appear to fix it.

@[DE]Saske

Essentially the problem seems to be whatever happens from going from one zone to the next. This happens in both Sanctuary Onslaught and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught.

Screenshots:

Discharge working as intended at the start of a new zone:

798AB604FDB6655A740F0E3F6E8ADFB5CB9C1993

Discharge after being cast later in same zone, grayed out, but not doing anything else as normal:

1B1ACF371E0B036C16F5DFA811A08B2DC076EC36

Edited by Argenex
More details.

En 13/10/2018 a las 6:35, KotoKuraken dijo:

Sometimes Volt's Discharge works perfectly. Sometimes it doesn't work at all.

-Stage 1 of today's Elite Sanctuary Onslaught (Corrupted in Shipyard Tileset) it works perfectly. Stage 2 (Grineer in Sealab) it decides it just won't work. Some stages it would hit everything, then the next cast it would hit nothing on that same stage.

-I tried standing out in the open, making fully sure that all enemies could see and were aggo'd on me (just to make sure I didn't miss a Line of Sight nerf that had anything to do with walls and alert state) and I watched as my ability did nothing. I cast again, Simaris got 200% mad, and it still didn't hit anything.

-Pop out of mission, recheck the build, it's still the same: 170% duration, 100% efficiency, 235% range, 125% strength. Decide to go solo to ensure it wasn't a network problem.

-Same thing happens: everything dies on Stage 1. Almost nothing dies or even gets hit at all on Stage 2. And again the various other stages it either worked and hit everything on the map, or it hit nothing at all. Or it would keep changing its mind whether it wanted to work from one cast to the next during the same stage. Didn't matter if enemies were alerted or standing in the open.

tl;dr Sometimes Volt's Discharge works perfectly. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. Doesn't seem to be related to enemy alert state, line of sight, or network issues.

Edit: Tested in Simulacrum to see if Armor vs Shields was a factor; it does not seem to be a factor at all. There is a possibility of the gamemode itself presenting the problems, but that is just a hypothesis based on negating all the more common factors

same here