Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Arca Plasmor visual/sound is HORRIBLE

Rhyandra

I'll make this short, the new visual makes most colors impossible to use, it blocks my entire vision. What was so wrong with the old one? It was perfect before. Not to mention the new added sound which makes it even more annoying... I am certain I am not the only who thinks this.

What was the point of changing this anyway? Man.. I never beg, but please.. revert this change, it actually ruins half the enjoyment of this wonderful gun.

Edited by Karu-QW

Just now, Karu-QW said:

How much are you gonna bet that literally everyone who praised it doesn't use it actively?

I'm wouldn't bet anything, it's a popular weapon, I use it all the time and love the new changes, shooting it with max effects is so great

1 minute ago, Karu-QW said:

Nah I don't believe you. Why would it even be better? Because of unnecessary effects that block vision while also making an extra, annoying sound? 

Some people, like me, like lots of effects and great sound. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others have to as well.

It's great to see enemies erupt in masses of particles when you hit them, and when it clears they're lying dead on the floor.

Just now, Karu-QW said:

So you love it when you can't see anything? Gotcha. Makes a lot of sense. And also, corpses disappear and don't just fall down on the floor. Guess I was right about you not using the Plasmor too often.

No, they fall to the floor as well, I've had both happen. How often do you use it? I had it happen just messing around in the simulacrum earlier, and the point still stands that I love seeing the enemies disappear in a mass of particles.

2 minutes ago, Karu-QW said:

No they don't. I am using this weapon every day. It's ok to be wrong.

They do, want me to record a video of it? It's normally what messes up any stealth runs I do with it

Edited by PoisonHD

The new arca visuals are ridiculous. With rhino stomp and any short range firing, I'm blinded in a wall of particle fog. I'm playing on a lower resolution which i prefer and it's an eyesore. The old wave affect showed more depth in terms of distance. Now its a billion particles which makes how far the weapon is firing look inaccurate. Turning the visual slider down affects more than just the weapon, with the firing still not looking that great

vor 2 Minuten schrieb PoisonHD:

They do, want me to record a video of it? It's normally what messes up any stealth run's I do with it

Go ahead. I am seeing it every day on every single enemy I kill.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Peazo:

The new arca visuals are ridiculous. With rhino stomp and any short range firing, I'm blinded in a wall of particle fog. I'm playing on a lower resolution which i prefer and it's an eyesore. The old wave affect showed more depth in terms of distance. Now its a billion particles which makes how far the weapon is firing look inaccurate. Turning the visual slider down affects more than just the weapon, with the firing still not looking that great

Exactly. How is that supposed to be good in any aspect? As you said, you get literally blinded. It's kinda sad, I got a nice riven not too long ago, I might drop the weapon entirely, this is just unacceptable for me in every way possible.

I think I am getting motion sickness for the first time ever in a video game... And this.. this isn't even all of it. The WHOLE screen gets covered in the energy color, mainly when I shoot an enemy that is standing in front of my face.. but why did this even become a thing? This is actually making me mad and sad at the same time.. of course they had to do something unnecessary like this... Effect intensity doesn't help at all.. even on the lowest settings. 

cb6cca91130ce0cf067b115393fe55ad.jpg

Edited by Karu-QW
Double post, wanted to apologize, but this is huge deal for me...

3 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Sorry, took awhile to upload, and it just finished uploading so quality is terrible but, it occasionally does leave bodies

The simulacrum is not a good testing bed for this sort of thing. It has a ton of bugs that don’t occur in missions. What you’ve shown is that it happens in the simulacrum, you have not shown that it happens in mission. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb KosmicKerman:

The simulacrum is not a good testing bed for this sort of thing. It has a ton of bugs that don’t occur in missions. What you’ve shown is that it happens in the simulacrum, you have not shown that it happens in mission. 

Exactly  it happens to me in the simulacrum too, but not in normal missions.

21 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

It does, it disrupts my stealth runs, I can go record an exterminate and have it happen >.>

It's just easier in the simulacrum to get a ton of enemies grouped

@Karu-QW I just recorded part of an Adaro run where it happened, I'll show that too.

EDIT: Here, it starts at 1:45

Edited by PoisonHD

3 minutes ago, ZeroMR said:

Pause your simulacrum video at 4 seconds and tell me what you see. I guess overtuned particle effects are one way to reduce its popularity.

The enemies around where I shot? Did you read what I said earlier, I want them to disappear in particles which is exactly why I have intensity on 200 and Particles on Ludicrous, and the lightest blue-white energy color I could find.

Edited by PoisonHD

1 minute ago, ZeroMR said:

And I do not want weapons to blind me. Especially slam attacks on some melee cover the whole screen right now. I am not a kid who gets amuzed by a lot of "blink blink" , especially if the overall useability goes down.

Then turn your effect intensity and particles down, there's a slider for a reason. I was just pointing out that I have all my settings cranked to make the biggest flashes.

Edited by PoisonHD

Gerade eben schrieb PoisonHD:

Then turn your effect intensity and particles down, there's a slider for a reason. I was just pointing out that I have all my settings cranked to make the biggest flashes.

Lol.. you seriously think that helps? I literally posted a screenshot on the lowest settings and it still blinds me like hell. 

3 minutes ago, Karu-QW said:

Lol.. you seriously think that helps? I literally posted a screenshot on the lowest settings and it still blinds me like hell. 

Yes, I do, I've done it and it makes the game have almost no effects visible >.>

Did you remember to actually turn down particles as well

EDIT:

Seriously, this is effects intensity 10, and ludicrous Particles, does this blind you?

https://i.gyazo.com/0575fd307d39c6f225235b4072bea059.mp4

Edited by PoisonHD

This kid.. incredible. Not reading posts and then acting like I am ignoring obvious stuff. This discussion is over. And as I know DE, they won't change anything. They went way overboard with this and I will probably throw this weapon into the trashcan. I don't play games to become blind.