Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Arca Plasmor visual/sound is HORRIBLE

Rhyandra

1 minute ago, Karu-QW said:

This kid.. incredible. Not reading posts and then acting like I am ignoring obvious stuff. This discussion is over. And as I know DE, they won't change anything. They went way overboard with this and I will probably throw this weapon into the trashcan. I don't play games to become blind. 

I'm just asking if you're seriously blinded by something that tame. If so you should've been blinded by the entire game before this. The old Arca Plasmor was brighter then that. I'm reading your post, but just shocked that something like that can blind anyone.

Edited by PoisonHD

4 minutes ago, ZeroMR said:

This is slam attack with volnus at 100 intensity and medium particles: https://imgur.com/n7MHY0E

This is slam attack with 10 intensity and low particles: https://imgur.com/Kmfzrm8

Oh, and why does my simulacrum look so bright?

Something may be wrong with your settings, they relit the simulacrum, but on my end low effects and particles look like this 

3c76b770efb90184ee6d4974e58faf7f.jpg

Just now, ZeroMR said:

Before, there was nothing to block my vision even in the slighterst, that is my problem. I DO NOT WANT ANY OBSTRUCTIVE VISUALS IN MY GAME:

Well, it's a flashy power fantasy, what can you do. Also, if I remember right, Hammers had some of the most particles before as well.

DE tweaked visual effects of other weapons in the past, if enough people find the new arca ones excessive maybe they'll tweak them too. Provided that, of course, they're able to spot actual feedback amidst all the quarelling and name calling.

Also, maybe feedback on art and animation might have better chances to be noticed by artists and animators in art and animation subforums, instead of general.

Edited by Robolaser

Il y a 4 heures, Karu-QW a dit :

"Oh hey, these people are literally getting blinded by new added effects that also obstruct vision by a huge margin, they should just overlook it" ?????

Man, chill! He's just telling his own opinion since the beggning... He likes it, you don't, that's all! We get it, you hate it! 

Anyway, try to put black energy (or dark color) and it should be better, or reduce the bloom intensity. And about the fact that you (let's say we) are blind by the effect, it's just for less than a second, and if your weapon has good mods you are sure that everyone inside the light is just dead. You don't need to see dead bodies

10 hours ago, Karu-QW said:

So you love it when you can't see anything? Gotcha. Makes a lot of sense. And also, corpses disappear and don't just fall down on the floor. Guess I was right about you not using the Plasmor too often.

I like arca plasmor. I use it a lotI like the new effects. I like the new sound. I can still see through it. Is great. But you dont think so...

so you dont know anything, sob sob, you arent a warframe player, sob, My dad is the inventor of warframe and will ban you, sob. (OP in a pararell universe where he is right, but still cries because someone disagrees with him.

i see the problem with it and all so made a post about under weapon feedback its partical is way over the top and as one of you said you can turn down the intensety of particals that is true but i like my particals but this weapon is just was to much and by turning it down the rest of the game is turned down not just this weapon

why do rest of my game have to suffer because one weapon is way over the top what was wrong with the old energy wave ?

On 2018-10-12 at 3:05 PM, Karu-QW said:

Lol.. you seriously think that helps? I literally posted a screenshot on the lowest settings and it still blinds me like hell. 

Use a darker energy color and turn down glare/bloom then? Idk why this is such a big deal when there are so many ways to make this not an issue. Idk if your game is just broken or you're just exadurating but it's honestly not that bad. And even if it was, it has such a massive aoe that its not like you're going to miss because of it.

I completely agree with @Karu-QW ... the visual effect is absolute crap.

Sure, when I first saw it I thought "hell yeah!" but then I realized how annoying it was. Would be fine if you could turn the effect off or maybe if it only did the particle explosion on a critical hit.

In addition to completely obstructing view and making me switch to other weapons more lately, the change also seems to have messed with the hitbox somehow.... Already had a dozen cases when I was trying to blow open a vent grate and had to shoot 10 times before I hit it, which never happened before. Partly the problem is that I have to wait a full second until the particles clear to see if it was destroyed or not....

Bring back the old "gloop gun" Arca Plasmor.... I liked the feeling of shooting plasma GAK at my enemies.

Edited by Hb_Desiato

Also, @PoisonHD and others that just say "Turn down the intensity", my simple response is that I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH VISUALS OVERALL. 

I don't want to turn down the intensity of ALL visuals.... everything else seems pretty well balanced. I just want to turn down the visuals on the Arca Plasmor. I don't want to water down the rest of the game because the Arca Plasmor became triple-intensity Kool Aid. 

7 minutes ago, Hb_Desiato said:

Bring back the old "gloop gun" Arca Plasmor...

Gloop gun is a perfect description. 🙂 Add me to those disappointed they decided to changed it, looks super annoying from the videos posted. Having to turn all effects and particles down just because they went loopy on one weapon is a poor suggestion as well...

On PC, I'm not a fan of the new effects at all for the Arca Plas.  It takes a second for me to see what enemies are still alive and what's dead after firing each shot. I miss the old ball of energy that I could clear see hit enemies and its immediate effect.  Now I have to wait until the particles die down.  Its like I'm throwing out a flash bang grenade in front of my face every time I pull the trigger.

Playing the game at 4:3 aspect ratio and loving Arca Plasmor since its introduction: not getting blinded, not getting my view blocked, can perfectly see what enemies are still alive. Enjoing the new effects so far. Understanding not everyone's liking the changes. Not shoving my feedback/view/thoughts in their faces.

P.s. New Arca Plasmor visual/sound is AMAZING, in my opinion.

The explosion particle effect at the end is ridiculous with some of the bright energy colours. The gun might as well have a seizure warning before you try using it. The shotgun-only sortie was the first time I've used Arca since update and it made my head hurt in 5 minutes. Changing energy colour to black makes it almost invisible and usable.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Tucker D Dawg:

On PC, I'm not a fan of the new effects at all for the Arca Plas.  It takes a second for me to see what enemies are still alive and what's dead after firing each shot. I miss the old ball of energy that I could clear see hit enemies and its immediate effect.  Now I have to wait until the particles die down.  Its like I'm throwing out a flash bang grenade in front of my face every time I pull the trigger.

Yup.. black is the only color that's acceptable for me.  This gun is currently not fun to use outside of any other color.