Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The color is too bright

Libpea

With the new Chimera update, i see the new graphic, more contrast, more sharpness. It's better at first, but it hurts my eyes after  a while, not even mention if u play 8 - 10 hours a day. Changing contrast and brightness in option menu doesnt help.

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Capture4.jpg

Edited by Libpea
  • Like 6

same here and no matter what i turn on or off in the settings
last 2 times something similar had happened turning off Dinamic Lights fixed and during another one turning off Ambient Occlusion
this time nothing helps 

the colors just look wrong

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm that since the Chimera update the game looks very different. Not only a lot sharper (which is not always good) but also a ton brighter. The bazar of Cetus for instance looks looks very unnatural. There are almost no shadows left and most bright spots are oversaturated.

Not sure if this is a side effect of the improved dimming function, but it doesn't help to reduce brightness or contrast in the options since the remaining dark spots are still quite dark. In the current state of the graphics there is way too much dynamic. Maybe DE is aiming for HDR support, but most of those monitors are still in development. Atleast for PC...

Edited by Zeranov

DE messed up pretty badly with the latest update, sometimes in trilodon hunts when there are too many lights, the whole screen dims to darkness and i can't see s**t.
This is incorrect and wrong usage of Adaptive brightness i presume. 

Same here. Some textures just look super bright. And now that fortuna is here; the whole snow map is just one bright white screen. Trying to distinguish any caches, corpses or loot from the supernova bright ground is impossible. Literally unplayable.

47 minutes ago, CaptainDingo said:

Try turning off bloom. It's an unrealistic lighting effect anyways (doesn't occur in the real world), and all it does is blow out the screen in areas with light objects, like snowy terrain. I always turn it off in all games I play for that reason.

You can also decrease the value of it too, along with effects. Thats usually what does it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

90% of time , transitioning to indoor outdoor creates this effect, and not a brightness option, but an EFFECT. and is stuck like this for the duration of the game.PS. turning off bloom or settings to lowest to highest to lowest again does not work . Why? because it is not a display graphical option problem but an in game EFFECT. it is Triggered by transitioning between indoor outdoor cells as well.F85C2CF078EE016CB10BFBE34B3600AB61832A96

Edited by Gauss001

• 2 months later...