The new arbitration units are a nice addition but also kinda rub me the wrong way with how they hit CC abilities.

KillaJoke1

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about these units being uninfected by warframe abilities. I like that there's target prioritization brought in by these units but they seem to hurt CC as a whole. I watched a horde of grineer units walk past Vaubans utilities. Also causes issues in the case of limbo. These guys can't enter the rift which makes it awkward to deal with them when you're rolling with limbo, You can deal with this by entering spoiler mode thankfully but these units really do kinda rub against warframe abilities in the wrong way. Was actually kinda excited to have a chance for nyx to shine too but knowing her CC is going to be a moot point is a bit of a buzzkill. Any way to make it so they can't be damaged by warframe abilities but can still be hit by CC? 

19 minutes ago, Warfoxzero said:

Great, more no-fun-allowed things.

What do you mean? It's not like anyone has taken away your abilities. If you want to have fun, then just ignore the new alerts and keep playing the way you always did, and you will have the same amount of fun as you have always had.

I dont see the problem? Pretty much just a different skin of Nullifiers.

Also, as soon as the Drone is dead all enemies will be affected by whatever ability is active.

Additionaly, it seems that when you destroy the drone there seems to be some AOE-Dmg to all enemies that have been protected by the drone.

7 minutes ago, trst said:

Arbitrations are meant to be difficult.

It's almost like DE didn't want us permanently cc'ing entire maps and spawn killing every enemy. 🤔

Difficulty is fine, but how you go about it is important. It's burying a meta that could have a chance at a comeback and warframes that have long since lost their value a chance at new life. Completely nullifying a kits synergy to force difficulty is not the way to go about it. Eliminating warframe abilities just turns it into a straight up shooter. It's going to force a pure tank meta given that those abilities aren't being negated. 

Gerade eben schrieb KillaJoke1:

Difficulty is fine, but how you go about it is important. It's burying a meta that could have a chance at a comeback and warframes that have long since lost their value a chance at new life. Completely nullifying a kits synergy to force difficulty is not the way to go about it. Eliminating warframe abilities just turns it into a straight up shooter. It's going to force a pure tank meta given that those abilities aren't being negated. 

I played Slownova and she worked really well even with those Drones.

As soon as a Drone got destroyed all enemies were instantly slowed while falling down/standing up when my 4 was active.

Ofc i wasnt slowing every single enemy on the tile, but still a lot of them.

Same with Nyx, its not like every enemy thats on the map is protected by one of these drones.

2 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

I played Slownova and she worked really well even with those Drones.

As soon as a Drone got destroyed all enemies were instantly slowed while falling down/standing up when my 4 was active.

Ofc i wasnt slowing every single enemy on the tile, but still a lot of them.

Same with Nyx, its not like every enemy thats on the map is protected by one of these drones.

Sure there's stragglers that are left behind, but what about situations where you have a huge mosh pit of enemies where you can't use your abilities to deal with them appropriately. And while nyx has her four augment to protect her other frames may not have that. It also Makes cataclysm far more awkward than it normally is.  I had to hop out into operator mode to deal with these things despite them floating around my face and being within my rift. Limbo can't just sit there and face tank an entire pack of enemies being shielded from damage+ abilities. It's why he has the stats that he has and why his kit is built the way it is. You're a caster frame who leans heavily on your abilities to avoid damage.  

My first mission gave me the valkyr on Defense. I decided to roll with it and gave it a shot. But ultimately I reached my limit when I had several of these drones together in a corpus mosh pit and getting drilled. I couldn't utilize my four to heal due to the spawn cap being taken up by a number of enemies clustered together. I couldn't slow them down with warcry or stun them.  I could only desperately attempt to shoot them whilst being hit from all directions with no form of defense other than bullet jumping and rolling. I got a few of them down but I was eventually taken down at wave 19. It's frustrating to be denied of the abilities that should be the right play basically being cut off from you when you need them the most. It becomes a question of "What am I even suppose to do here?"  and when you can't use your abilities to save yourself despite your kit being designed around these certain situations. 

18 minutes ago, KillaJoke1 said:

But sadly, with the way the game is designed, it's the only way to do it. As long as you can slow every enemy to a crawl or stunlock an entire room full of enemies, no amount of added difficulty will actually pose much of a threat to you.