Main quest cost : why the change in philosophy ?

Thelk641

So, if I look at mainline quests, i.e these ones :

Vor's Prize

Natah

The Second Dream

The War Within

Apostasy Prologue + The Sacrifice

There's a thing that stands out. Outside of Natah, which is an old quest, all the quests gave a free slot plus either a potatoed weapon or a frame. To get them, you have to : scan an enemy for Natah, have done the previous main quest and sometime a secondary (Harrow's chains for example), have a certain MR (which you get before reaching them) and you need to have reached a certain point on the star chart, i.e : when you get to them, you can already do them, they're costless. To go from the start of the game to the beginning of the Apostasy Prologue, you don't need any resources : the lore, the main quest, is a bonus, something on top of the game, not something you grind for, and something that gives you huge rewards, in the form of fun because they're cool and in the form of actual in-game items.

Then, the Prologue, this requires the personal quarter segment, which cost 1 tellurium, 1 argon crystal, 3k ferrite and 800 rubedo, i.e : 99% of players will reach it with only needing the crystal, and maybe the tellurium. This is not free, but is nearly free (one archwing mission and one void mission and that's done, less than 10min of grind) so, fine, nobody cares.

Then, Chimera, now we need 1k ducats and 5 Eidolon crystals to build the reward of the Prologue... ? You're not going to tell me you overhyped this new sword like you did with Umbra without a good reason. It's either a huge waste or it's something we need to craft to unlock the next quest, I'll go with option 2 for now and in that case : this is absurdly stupid.

Why did you decide that the main quest was something that we should grind for ? It was fine how it was before, with the lore being free and the main quest being a one-off bonus for those who went through it.

It's not like you put it in a reward for a long and challenging quest to make it really rare, it's just artificial difficulty without any justification, be it lore-wise or gameplay-wise. A "there's a lack of new content, go farm, that'll give you something to do while you wait".

WHY !?

Edited by Thelk641

I commend DE for this decision, I'd even say the sword is too cheap. People expect to have everything handed over to them for free and 5 eidolon crystals, my holy gawd how dare they?? 5 eidolons???

Do you expect for story mode quests to be played in super debuting amateur mode? You can't be bothered to learn a few core mechanics or, at very least, "git gud" and actually get some skills? Did it occur to you that maybe the requirements for story mode weapons are like a stepping stone/gate to see if you're good enough for what's next? People wanting everything in an instant is the reason why we see MR 8 players joining for tridolon hunts....

vor 14 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

Yeah, this is total BS...way too much. I can't stand this decision as well... 5 whole Eidolon Shards!

not everyone has a pc to handle the plains. but yeah, that Thing has some weird Costs. hope ist gonna be worth crafting a new galatine

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Olphalarepth:

I commend DE for this decision, I'd even say the sword is too cheap. People expect to have everything handed over to them for free and 5 eidolon crystals, my holy gawd how dare they?? 5 eidolons???

Do you expect for story mode quests to be played in super debuting amateur mode? You can't be bothered to learn a few core mechanics or, at very least, "git gud" and actually get some skills? Did it occur to you that maybe the requirements for story mode weapons are like a stepping stone/gate to see if you're good enough for what's next? People wanting everything in an instant is the reason why we see MR 8 players joining for tridolon hunts....

i think most ppl have an issue with the 1k ducats, but maybe i am wrong 😆

il y a 57 minutes, Tain_OSkoom a dit :

War, the fancy impact great sword featured in The Second Dream, seems to be an obvious exception that suggests that there was no change in philosophy--this is all ad hoc.

Broken War came from the quest, was free, came potatoed and with its own free weapon slot, and then you had the bonus of the unbroken version. This doesn't come from the quest, isn't free, doesn't have a potato and doesn't come with its own free weapon slot, and does not have an unbroken bonus variant.

But yes, of course the War and this new sword are exactly the same. How did I not realize ?

il y a 47 minutes, Olphalarepth a dit :

The requirements for story mode weapons until the Sacrifice : get to the quest, finish it, done. Yeay for the stepping stone.

1 hour ago, Olphalarepth said:

Except that for some people, the plains are literally unplayable because their PC isn't good enough

Il y a 2 heures, Hannuxis a dit :

Except that for some people, the plains are literally unplayable because their PC isn't good enough

that not because you don't have a computer with the minimum requirement for playing a gamemode (because yes the actual requirement on steam are outdated and will be changed soon) mean it's not their fault but you that don't have the minimum specs

2 hours ago, Thelk641 said:

Broken War came from the quest, was free, came potatoed and with its own free weapon slot, and then you had the bonus of the unbroken version. This doesn't come from the quest, isn't free, doesn't have a potato and doesn't come with its own free weapon slot, and does not have an unbroken bonus variant.

But yes, of course the War and this new sword are exactly the same. How did I not realize ?

The requirements for story mode weapons until the Sacrifice : get to the quest, finish it, done. Yeay for the stepping stone.

Stepping stone for what's to come? reading whole post much? Besides, how convenient to ignore the fact that quests now feature stronger enemies...

2 hours ago, Hannuxis said:

And that is obviously DE fault.

There is no way to please everyone I guess

8 hours ago, Olphalarepth said:

They need to start MR locking things at a high rank like this other then Primed Gear, thats also a game time investment.

Good way to reward vets other then just a daily log in of armour/Syndana at high daily logins.