SPOILERS Chimera lore talk

(XBOX)AntiCaesar

So

Chimera,

(Google definitions)

Chi•me•ra
kīˈmirə,kəˈmirə/
noun
noun: chimera; plural noun: chimeras; noun: chimaera; plural noun: chimaeras; noun: Chimera
  1. 1.
    (in Greek mythology) a fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail.
    • any mythical animal with parts taken from various animals.
  2. 2.
    a thing that is hoped or wished for but in fact is illusory or impossible to achieve.
    "the economic sovereignty you claim to defend is a chimera"
    synonyms: illusion, fantasy, delusion, dream, daydream, pipe dream, figment of the/one's imagination, castle in the air, mirage
    "is this great love of hers merely a chimera?"
  3. 3.
    BIOLOGY
    an organism containing a mixture of genetically different tissues, formed by processes such as fusion of early embryos, grafting, or mutation.
    "the sheeplike goat chimera"
    • a DNA molecule with sequences derived from two or more different organisms, formed by laboratory manipulation.
  4. 4.
    a cartilaginous marine fish with a long tail, an erect spine before the first dorsal fin, and typically a forward projection from the snout.

From the quest we know Ballas is still alive and not well. Seeing him becoming a sentient. And an Orokin-sentient hybrid doesn't sound so great for anybody (especially Ballas). But what if the other definitions have some significance? Other than hybrid?
    Remember how Ballas talked about how the Tenno saw a mother and Ballas a lover? By the second definition that's also a Chimera.
    The last definition we can scratch out for sure (unless there's gonna be a sentient fish or something which I doubt). 
    In the Sacrifice, in the Vitruvian, Ballas says the Warframes were kin to the sentients. How are warframes made? With a cultured strain of technocyte? So is that also how sentients are made? Or is it just part of how they reproduce? Or even both?? 

This quest is also the longest appearance of our doppelganger (The Man In The Wall), but how much does he know? How did he know to lead us there? What's he hiding? 

16 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:
a cartilaginous marine fish with a long tail, an erect spine before the first dorsal fin, and typically a forward projection from the snout.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

The last definition we can scratch out for sure

Hold your horses! 

I am sure I saw some gills on his neck

2 minutes ago, LadyHarper said:

Ballas is most likely already a chimera, that freaky lookin' arm. If it were mutated by infestation that would make him like Alad V a chimera...crap we're not gonna have to hunt down and kill that git again? Are we?

But this is created by the Orokin. The Warframes don't look infested on the outside, but I bet if we break into a sentient something will be there. Maybe not infested per say, at least not how we know it

Just now, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

But this is created by the Orokin. The Warframes don't look infested on the outside, but I bet if we break into a sentient something will be there. Maybe not infested per say, at least not how we know it

Truth! Have to admit that Warframe has replaced Souls as my mysterious lore fix.

5 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Your Shadow lead you to the helmet because their endgame is getting you to kill Natah and become so emotionally distraught that they're able to take control of your conscience.

Hide contents

GMjc8fc.jpg

That actually makes sense. If we include the Sacrifice conversation it seems to be correct. 

14 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

But which other war machines do the Orokin have that we know of?

I think that line refers to all of the tech the Orokin had before the war. War machines in this context could be guns and spaceships that were energy dependent seeing as how the Sentients took all of that tech over.

I believe that the Chimera is Lotus with the definition of the illusory like Ball(less) said:a lover and a mother but she is neither.

The "mother" or Natah could see through his eye that's why he kept it shut when he spoke to us but in the end she found out what we were doing.

Still his role in all of this is a mystery.Why he went after Natah , did the mother make him?He said that "she" took him away his perfect death so he wanted to die?

Now is the Lotus evil?I still don't think so, Natah could be but Lotus, i have to wait for the " mother" to play her part first.

The man in the wall, i have no clue...We knew he is evil but he went full nuts on this one so idk what's the deal with him

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

I think that line refers to all of the tech the Orokin had before the war. War machines in this context could be guns and spaceships that were energy dependent seeing as how the Sentients took all of that tech over.

Fair enough, but kin, you know, like family or in this case related. We know that sentients aren't really machines per say. They are an artificial race, but not machines. But both of us might be right too, we really have no idea right now.

1 minute ago, DeathDweller said:

I believe that the Chimera is Lotus with the definition of the illusory like Ball(less) said:a lover and a mother but she is neither.

The "mother" or Natah could see through his eye that's why he kept it shut when he spoke to us but in the end she found out what we were doing.

Still his role in all of this is a mystery.Why he went after Natah , did the mother make him?He said that "she" took him away his perfect death so he wanted to die?

Now is the Lotus evil?I still don't think so, Natah could be but Lotus, i have to wait for the " mother" to play her part first.

The man in the wall, i have no clue...We knew he is evil but he went full nuts on this one so idk what's the deal with him

I think that by "perfect death" he was talking about his reincarnation powers, the continuity

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I think that by "perfect death" he was talking about his reincarnation powers, the continuity

Could be that or he just wanted a clean death after all these but she prevented it by making him what he is now.Technically he can still use another body?

1 minute ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

Fair enough, but kin, you know, like family or in this case related. We know that sentients aren't really machines per say. They are an artificial race, but not machines. But both of us might be right too, we really have no idea right now.

IIRC the Sentients "evolved" from robot terraforming machines (evolved as in gained sentience) so in a sense saying the Orokin war machines were kin to the Sentients makes some sense if you consider their origins. 

2 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

I agree, but by definition, so is Ballas.

Yeah

Ballas wanted a lover, Ballas wanted a replacement Margulis. Margulis was the original mother figure to the Tenno, and the Lotus was the second one. Also Natah probably took on the form of Margulis so the Tenno would see a familiar face. And yeah, Ballas was ready to die, to be with Margulis.

Eh I'm waiting too

Evil, or anti-hero?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

I agree, but by definition, so is Ballas.

Yeah

Ballas wanted a lover, Ballas wanted a replacement Margulis. Margulis was the original mother figure to the Tenno, and the Lotus was the second one. Also Natah probably took on the form of Margulis so the Tenno would see a familiar face. And yeah, Ballas was ready to die, to be with Margulis.

Eh I'm waiting too

Evil, or anti-hero?

Madman who lost everything and changes sides after realizing.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

IIRC the Sentients "evolved" from robot terraforming machines (evolved as in gained sentience) so in a sense saying the Orokin war machines were kin to the Sentients makes some sense if you consider their origins. 

But if you consider Ballas, it seems they're closer to the Infestation due to the slow but eventual transformation he's undergoing. We haven't really seen how fast the technocyte works, and even less the Helminth strain. There's no definite time frame between the Sacrifice and the Chimera Prologue, so it could be acting fast for all we know. I think we should wait until Chimera is released to be sure on this one.

59 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

This quest is also the longest appearance of our doppelganger (The Man In The Wall), but how much does he know? How did he know to lead us there? What's he hiding? 

Maybe the whole Prologue was a trick? Just think, ever since The Sacrifice the man in the wall has been trying to make us confuse our past with Umbra's past (we say that we killed Umbra, The Man replies "good" or something like that). He has been toying with

So possibly this is The Man in the Wall's end-game. He is manipulating us, and maybe Ballas as well, to go kill the Lotus. Maybe he has come to the conclusion that the only thing he cannot control, and thus his only weakness, is the Sentients.

Just now, DeathDweller said:

Oh i thought for Ballas.Well TMITW is evil in my book.Whatever he does he does it for his own secret agenda which is prob coming to the material world 

Maybe, but do you ever think why? You ever realize how lonely he'd be in the void? Nobody there, at all. I'd probably try to get to the material world too. And guess who happens to have an innate connection to the Void and go there often? The Tenno. 

Just now, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

Maybe, but do you ever think why? You ever realize how lonely he'd be in the void? Nobody there, at all. I'd probably try to get to the material world too. And guess who happens to have an innate connection to the Void and go there often? The Tenno. 

He is the void.So he is motivated either from curiosity, disturbance for he is some sort of Satan getting out of his prison which would imply a God also but that last part would stretch things a bit too far

2 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

He is the void.So he is motivated either from curiosity, disturbance for he is some sort of Satan getting out of his prison which would imply a God also but that last part would stretch things a bit too far

We don't know if he's actually a manifest of the void, he could just be some entity inside it

Edited by (XB1)AntiCaesar