Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phatasma alt fire nerf WHY

BlachWolf

DE why did you guys nerf the phantasma, you guys basically more then halved its status output. Before I could spawn 17 projectiles with a full charged shot, but now 5 makes the secondary fire worthless. I could strip the armor of 6 level 130 heavy gunner in one charged shot (it took a while to charge but it worked well), but now it takes 3-4 shots. We have weapons like the amprex, tiberon and ignis wraith which outclass this one, but you still decided to nerf it, without any warning or reason.

aren't 3-4 quick shots about as fast as a fully charged shot? I don't think it was a nerf. It was an adjustment. Before, a quick shot would result in less than 5 spawns. A quick shot would feel like a waste compared to the fully charged shot. 

Now its equal on all ranges, you can spam the shots, or fully charge. It feels like there is less waste. 

In terms of armor stripping. The scenario you describe sounds like a simulacrum one. The main fire is much more reliable for armor stripping i would say. Give it another chance.

Edited by Pixues

16 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

Maybe, but what's for certain is that it would consume 3-4 x more ammo.

You can get 4 to 5 shots from a single mag, by simply tapping the alt fire. So that should be 25 spawns from a single mag.

I tested it, tapping is a bit slower than fully charging a full mag. The funny thing is: fire rate mods don't speed up the charge, but it does speed up how fast you can tap fire. 

Edit: Tested on armored lvl 130 enemy. And yep, spam fire is the way to go now. 

Edited by Pixues

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-13 at 12:45 AM, Buttaface said:

I didn't find any difference in testing the alt fire yet. That's not to say it doesn't exist, as haven't done a really thorough test. As others suggest, I have always tapped it instead of fully charged

Well I did change it almost fully spawning around 10 projectiles per ball. But im over it now.