Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let us keep the ability to equip 4 dragon keys

Hello

So, the biggest complaint I had with vault runs is being solo and not having the right key. This usually just left people saying to find a group and it didn't really provide anything to the discussion.

Was a lot of starting a mission, finding the vault fairly quickly and having the wrong key. So I quit the mission and start over. When having 4 keys equipped wouldn't be that big of a deal. 

Well with the recent update, we're able to finally do this. For the first time ever, vault runs are actually fun. Having 4 keys doesn't affect anything with running a simple mission such as capture in the Derelict. As shown here with 4 keys in the gear wheel:

un4Gykl.png

I have been running vault runs off and on for the last hour or so, and it's the funnest I have had with this. Knowing that when I start a run, I'm going to get a corrupted mod assuming I don't have to back track to much to find the vault. I was averaging 2-3 minute capture runs and I think maybe 3 runs I couldn't find the vault quick enough so I restarted.

I'm not sure if this was an intended feature, but I'm also going to provide a clip where Steve talked about this in his stream on Twitch this morning. I just hope it's actually left in game. Sure the new alerts seem good, log in rewards fine, infinite Archwing launchers, great. This is what I'm the most excited about from the entire update though."Yeah, you can do the dragon keys in the gear wheel. We're gonna let that ride for a bit". Please let "a bit" be forever.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Neat. Will probably get fixed before making it's way to consoles, oh well...would have been nice to have a reason to craft those void keys and revisit these maps. I don't *need* any mods, but I wouldn't mind a few more dups for different levels...

There's a few I need to just have 1 of each. I want duplicates to give to people if they need one from Discord servers I'm in or clan mates. Kind of like a "pay it forward" type of thing like others did for me when I needed specific corrupted mods for builds.

The ability to equip multiple Dragon Keys at once makes me SO HAPPY.  I usually game with my girlfriend, but any time we try to get people together for a Vault Run, we get a bunch of MR 5's out of recruiting chat who don't realize what a "Dragon Key" is in comparison to a "Derelict Key."  Or some other such time wasting nonsense that makes her rage quit for the evening.

Now, we can just play as the two of us and take two keys each.

Frustration removed, and thanks to the new feature our gaming date nights will be improved!

DE, please keep this change.

I can get behind this suggestion.  While I already have all of the corrupted mods and a few part-way filled duplicates, I did not enjoy the game of chance of picking the right key for the vault in the mission.  I wasted hours doing solo Derelict Capture missions this way since my clan was dead at the time and I don't like/trust recruit chat.  I would have much rather had to deal with all the dragon key penalties than try and be lucky to equip the right key.

My guess is DE won't let this stick around though.  Like I said, I got mine so I am not too concerned about it either way.  Still if new players could avoid what I had to go through and easy Defense missions had more speed novas, I would consider that a good thing.

Can't see a reason not to leave it in. 

It helps solo players 

It gives people who keep saying they want a challenge but absoloutly refuse to show any restraint in their builds a method to easily apply some restraint without the inconvenience of having to show restraint. 

Edited by Oreades

7 minutes ago, TheStratovarian said:

I really like this, it helps solo so darn much.

Not having the one key, playing solo, is where 99% of my aborts are from.

Keeping this, and marking it as playing solo, or friends only, might really help out folks for getting these.

I would really like this to be a standard feature.

Same for me. I wish I could see specific stats of where my most quit missions are. I'm willing to bet the majority have come from the Derelict. 

I'll have to agree this is a great change and hope it'll stay more than just a bit. The system is already old and finding a full group to have every single key isn't so easy. Now you can just wear all of the keys and really nerf your frame, or do it with 2 people.

2 часа назад, Anomandarys сказал:

I hope this stays. The last few times I've tried putting together vault runs have felt like pulling teeth... 

I can tell that it was easier for me back then to trade some plat and just buy needed mods rather than having a headache forming/seeking party for vaults. So having ability to equip multiple keys is good indeed

Nice to know....they should make it that in order to get the mod, each person in the Squad must give up the key. This way, you do not have one person carrying all and everyone getting the reward. Each person antes up to get Corrupted Mod....and the reward is the mod plus half of Void Traces back used per key given up 

This makes it that if you really want that mod, take all keys and if you want a chance to play roulette, take one key and hope it lands on yours. 

Looking forward to doing this when it hits Consoleville

On one hand, I feel like being forced to matchmake with others helps to further community interaction, and solidifies Corrupted mods as thing that you kinda need teamwork to get.

But on the other hand, I have intentionally not done a vault run in over a year because such community interaction is...undesirable at times.

Well, if only dragon keys could have a role OUTSIDE of the derelict, for example, give more affinity/credits/focus(10% with diminishing returns) per key equipped. That way you can balance benefits vs debuffs and give yourself a challenge too.

I support leaving this in. It's bringing me back to derelicts, and it helps solo players alot. Plus, the challenge it brings can be a step up in planning for using multiple keys.

On top of this, I would also potentially like to see new Riven Challenges requiring all 4 keys equipped! Maybe as an example: Complete a level 30+ exterminate with all four Dragon Keys equipped in under 10 minutes.

To be fair, there's not much reason to take it out. Running with a full group is still better than soloing (if you can assemble a full group, that is), as you only need to spend a Derelict key and a Dragon key once per four runs on average (compared to once per each run solo), and playing with all four debuffs on you at the same time is... not extremely hard, I've already done it myself a couple of times, but it's definitely quite a nuisance. Though I could definitely see farming in two-player groups to offset the pros and cons becoming more popular.

This is something I've been wanting for a long time, and I'm quite happy it's finally made its way into the game. I hope it stays forever. But Steve said they're going to leave it for a while, so I think we have at least a year of this being in the game.