Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let us keep the ability to equip 4 dragon keys

Hello

6 hours ago, chainchompguy3 said:

On one hand, I feel like being forced to matchmake with others helps to further community interaction, and solidifies Corrupted mods as thing that you kinda need teamwork to get.

But on the other hand, I have intentionally not done a vault run in over a year because such community interaction is...undesirable at times.

That's what I didn't like about how it was previously. I've played since March and I don't remember every going through a mission with someone else. Whether it was an assassination, sortie or now elite alerts. If I can't handle it solo then I just don't do it.

7 hours ago, chainchompguy3 said:

On one hand, I feel like being forced to matchmake with others helps to further community interaction, and solidifies Corrupted mods as thing that you kinda need teamwork to get.

But on the other hand, I have intentionally not done a vault run in over a year because such community interaction is...undesirable at times.

Forcing community interaction has never actually done much for communities.  People that like grouping up will seek to group up, and those that don't (or can't,) won't.

It's why WoW's dungeon/raid finder is incredibly popular.  Most people don't actually care to socialize except maybe within their own guild/clan or with complete randos over a completely disconnected, impersonal medium, like general chat.

I also don't expect them to jump at fixing this as players genuinely like it, and the game has plenty of problems they aren't exactly rushing to deal with.  Fixing this just runs into the "no fun allowed" narrative.  The only downside to carrying four dragon keys - guaranteed vault access.  Thinking corrupted mods at this point are old enough that impeding their rate of obtainment is just spiteful at this point.

Edited by Littleman88

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with keeping this in. Anybody that wants to group will group anyway. All you're doing is removing the need for forced grouping, which will allow those who don't want to group at a given time to avoid grouping up. Having a full group will still be easier and faster a) because you don't need to have all keys (and therefore all debuffs) on yourself; and b) because the more people running around the faster you'll locate the vault. Given how dated the system is at this point, and how hard it can be to find a decent group for vault runs sometimes, I'm wholeheartedly in favour of keeping this change. It also means that it you're one man short, you don't suddenly have a 25% chance of not having the key. One person can just equip two and you can go.