Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Couple of concerns regarding the Arbitration Drone.

DeMonkey

Due to a couple of unfortunate factors I have just played potentially one of the least enjoyable missions of my entire time playing Warframe, and it revolves solely around this drone.

Colourblindness:

cannot physically see it's effects. If you sit me down and get me to focus, I can see that it's red and that enemies are outlined in red. But in a mission with everything moving around and other more important things to be looking at, it's not visible at all.

I don't know if I can quite put into words just how un-fun it was, guessing whether I'd be able to damage an enemy or not. Was there a drone nearby circling over my head? Was there a drone just around the corner?

Far too often it felt like a coin flip whether I'd actually skewer the enemy, or just be treated to a bunch of 0's.

I feel the need, again, to call for varied colourblind modes, or at least a change to this enemy to give it something more noticeable than a super faint red beam.

Unique Weapons:

Unique weapons have no effect on the drone. It was actually a chore to try and use my Iron Staff in the mission. 

I'd be happily clubbing Grineer to death and then I'd run into a group of enemies buffed by the drone and hit a bunch of 0's. Frustrating because I can't actually tell beforehand, but okay, let me just smack the drone... But no, the drone is also impervious to my weapon. In order to proceed in this situation I have to un-equip my Staff, pull out my shotgun, shoot the drone and then re-equip my Staff.

Given how often this happened it was more efficient to simply never use my Staff, which is unfortunate because it's the only reason Wukong is fun.

I'm of the opinion that Unique weapons (with the exception of Peacemaker and Exalted Blade's waves specifically, not the sword itself) should be exempt from this limitation with regards to hitting the drone.

At the end of the day, these are just weapons that cost energy to use, I cannot see any justification for them to not work. Sure, the waves from Exalted Blade and Peacemaker I can understand being considered "abilities" and thus not work (because aimbot and wallhacks), but the weapons themselves are just that, weapons. Artemis Bow still shoots arrows, Exalted Blade is still a sword and the Iron Staff is still a big stick and it's not even a "good" stick.

In it's current state, due to this drone, I cannot enjoy the new mode.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the drones either. I'll never understand why enemies like that exist. Some abilties operate just like weapons. Those should always work IMO. Just like hysteria and EB can work agaist nullifier bubbles. Gara's splinter storm can kill the drones tho. Seems random with stuff like this. Reminds me of the Eidolons. I can one shot every limb of every Eidolon and two shot the body with Hysteria, but EB doesn't work. I can attack the limbs with Gara's 1st ability but Khora does zero damage. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

2 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the drones either. I'll never understand why enemies like that exist. Some abilties operate just like weapons. Those should always work IMO. Just like hysteria and EB can work agaist nullifier bubbles. Gara's splinter storm can kill the drones tho. Seems random with stuff like this. Reminds me of the Eidolons. I can one shot every limb of every Eidolon and two shot the body with Hysteria, but EB doesn't work. I can attack the limbs with Gara's 1st ability but Khora does zero damage. 

I like enemies like this in theory, but they're way too inconsistent in practice. Ideally, they should act as a hard limit on our powers, but they don't always. And, yes, exalted weapons should be the exception given that they're, well, weapons.

They can prevent enemies from entering the rift but do nothing to enemies in it. Limbo is subsequently as powerful as ever.

Let the drones get damaged cross-rift, but allow enemies to deal damage cross rift and drag them out of it too.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I like enemies like this in theory, but they're way too inconsistent in practice. Ideally, they should act as a hard limit on our powers, but they don't always. And, yes, exalted weapons should be the exception given that they're, well, weapons.

They can prevent enemies from entering the rift but do nothing to enemies in it. Limbo is subsequently as powerful as ever.

Let the drones get damaged cross-rift, but allow enemies to deal damage cross rift and drag them out of it too.

Actually yeah, I agree. I like the concept, but it's just too inconsistent in-game. I don't ming a hard limit on certain powers, but let weapons act as weapons even when they're exalted. It would be different if they were a completely different damage type, but we mod them just like weapons and they behave like them in most situations. I want to try Ivara next. Her and Titania usually can work for stuff like that. Not feeling too confident about that now tho...

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

It can? I should probably give Iron Jab a try then, given mechanically they're pretty similar.

Her second ability, not her first. It's her damage reduction/DPS ability. It has infinitely scaling damage, but pretty short range. I didn't think it would but it has no problem destroying them. I think it might get fixed tho.

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

16 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Her second ability, not her first.

Ah, probably should have paid more attention to the name. I assumed it was the #1 based on melee abilities sometimes being funky in what they do and don't affect.

Well, that's all but guaranteed to get fixed I guess, strange how it's come about in the first place given nothing else seems to work.

dont the drones also make enemies its effecting invunerable? 

ive done 2 of them and it seems to be that so we have a drone that can give a unlimited amount of enemies 

1. immunuty to damage
  2. immunity to CC
  3. immunity to most warframe abilities
  4. but killing them kills everything around them
  5. unusually tanky for having no armor 

On 2018-10-13 at 4:15 AM, seprent said:

dont the drones also make enemies its effecting invunerable

They do yeah. Every enemy is essentially given an unbreakable nullifer bubble, and the drone itself has a similar nullifier shield but can be killed with actual weapons.

This is why frames like Titania, Wukong and Ivara are going to struggle to be viable in the mode, and getting a +300% power bonus for them will be utterly laughable.

What's a +300% power buff going to do for these frames when you can't realistically use their weapons, the very thing you use power strength for in the first place...

On 2018-10-12 at 11:35 PM, DeMonkey said:

cannot physically see it's effects. If you sit me down and get me to focus, I can see that it's red and that enemies are outlined in red. But in a mission with everything moving around and other more important things to be looking at, it's not visible at all.

I don't know if I can quite put into words just how un-fun it was, guessing whether I'd be able to damage an enemy or not. Was there a drone nearby circling over my head? Was there a drone just around the corner?

Far too often it felt like a coin flip whether I'd actually skewer the enemy, or just be treated to a bunch of 0's.

I feel the need, again, to call for varied colourblind modes, or at least a change to this enemy to give it something more noticeable than a super faint red beam.

Increasing the drones size and making them pulsate with atleast 2 different colors would fix this i think.

On 2018-10-12 at 11:35 PM, DeMonkey said:

Unique weapons have no effect on the drone. It was actually a chore to try and use my Iron Staff in the mission. 

I'd be happily clubbing Grineer to death and then I'd run into a group of enemies buffed by the drone and hit a bunch of 0's. Frustrating because I can't actually tell beforehand, but okay, let me just smack the drone... But no, the drone is also impervious to my weapon. In order to proceed in this situation I have to un-equip my Staff, pull out my shotgun, shoot the drone and then re-equip my Staff.

Given how often this happened it was more efficient to simply never use my Staff, which is unfortunate because it's the only reason Wukong is fun.

I'm of the opinion that Unique weapons (with the exception of Peacemaker and Exalted Blade's waves specifically, not the sword itself) should be exempt from this limitation with regards to hitting the drone.

At the end of the day, these are just weapons that cost energy to use, I cannot see any justification for them to not work. Sure, the waves from Exalted Blade and Peacemaker I can understand being considered "abilities" and thus not work (because aimbot and wallhacks), but the weapons themselves are just that, weapons. Artemis Bow still shoots arrows, Exalted Blade is still a sword and the Iron Staff is still a big stick and it's not even a "good" stick.

In it's current state, due to this drone, I cannot enjoy the new mode.

Sadly almost all caster frames are useless in this gamemode because as soon as numbers start to crawl up (as in spawn and levels) the drones get more and more coverage making the enemy effectively immune to all powers.

I find it pointless to bring any frame what is not a tank or buffer to this place because you cant use them at all. 

38 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Increasing the drones size and making them pulsate with atleast 2 different colors would fix this i think.

Sadly almost all caster frames are useless in this gamemode because as soon as numbers start to crawl up (as in spawn and levels) the drones get more and more coverage making the enemy effectively immune to all powers.

I find it pointless to bring any frame what is not a tank or buffer to this place because you cant use them at all. 

Pulsating colours would work, certainly.

I suggested in another thread a Hex shield type look for enemies that are affected by the drone. A visible shield that surrounds them a stands out.

As for all caster frames, I take your point. However these frames don't require constant weapon swaps to use their abilities on the enemies that are vulnerable.

Oberon doesn't need to swap to his melee or pistol to cast Hallowed Ground on the floor, he just does it. If there's a drone nearby stopping enemies from being affected then you can shoot the drone/s and they will then be affected, even if temporarily.

Frames with Unique weapons don't even get that.