Fissures are broken, their broken effects will screw your eyesight

PopGligor

Back when U19 launched, you could find a few people around the forums complaining that something about the lighting triggered epileptic reactions. I too thought the lighting was bugged and would be fixed. Later I found out the problem was only in fissure missions and is a broken effect in the missions themselves. It's supposed to be light flickering from the fissures, but it just doesn't look right. Your entire screen will flicker through the entire mission and that's just not good at all for your eyes. Warframe is already a very flashy game, it can do without also constantly changing your screen's gamma to "emulate" lighting. Yes, the effect works by changing the gamma. There is no way to turn it off currently, lowering graphics actually makes the issue much worse, because you *see* how it works. It's been more than 2 years, this awful flickering is still in the game, making fissure a physical pain for some players. I began avoiding playing Warframe altogether because of this problem - fissures are my main activity, but playing them actually, really hurts. 

Pay attention especially to the begining of the video. This random flickering exists in all fissure missions (you can occasionally bug yourself during loading and it'll be gone btw #bless). It doesn't just show up when there's a fissure nearby. It's prevalent everywhere, during the entire mission. It should either be removed or made optional, because it actually makes me not want to play Warframe.

EDIT: I put a video that shows the issue better

Edited by PopGligor

5 minutes ago, StealthyCARNAGE said:

So the Leech Ospray effect then. :V

I recorded it again, this time in peace. Notice how much the screen flickers before I start getting shot. It's like every 3-4 seconds.  I want to also note that this is right in the beginning, no fissure active yet, and the screen is flickering.

Edited by PopGligor