Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration - A+... And Other Chimera Update Feedback

Max7238

"All tea, no shade," as AGGP's Rob has said more than once recently. Well done, DE. A mode with consequence that requires some skill and teamwork. A mode reasonably gated, with modified endless missions to boot.

I have a few minor gripes that, again, others have brought up.

I'll agree with others who've said that Warframe powers with a physical presence, like Valkyr's claws or rip-cord, or Excalibur's sword ITSELF (not waves) should be able to kill drones. Mesa's Regulators should absolutely not. All other Warframe powers are fine as they are, it seems. I'm curious to see if enemies affected by the drones will ignore Frost's globe effects, like the slow or insta-freeze if you have the augment.

The Operator appearance changes, to the faces, are awful. I had to fight with them quite a bit to regain some amount of reasonable face before I re-sealed my hood to avoid thinking about how I'm forced to play a child, but hey...

I do believe there should at least be a bleedout timer in Arbitration. If the timer needs to be cut in half or something, that's fine, but it should exist in some fashion. If you have good allies and you just so happen to, I dunno, try to type something to them when you believe it's safe only to have an enemy one-shot you because you held still a few seconds... There's gotta be some wiggle-room so we can communicate on some level. I get the frenetic feeling you all were going for with less down-time and more powerful enemies with harsher penalties... But without a way to communicate, especially in public squads, the dynamic may break down and completely ruin a match.

Food for thought.

Thanks for all the hard work, DE. This is an excellent new mode! As long as some kind of content continues to be added to the rewards pool, such as new things to buy with the points we earn, this is a mode that can actually hold my attention as an MR21 player and see me returning to the game a few times a week to actually play - not just log in to keep my counter moving and then go play PSO2, Border Break, Monster Hunter World, or whatever else...

See y'all on the battlefield, Tenno.

The bigger issue with the instadeath for a player in here is now that they provoke the abortion of missions more than ever. And it is killing your teammates too, if you are the host and you leave mid mission. I surely get it. I would not want to wait 5 minutes till the next wave ends myself.. but seriously. It just shows how urgent dedicated servers are now. I am more afraid of host migration as of any enemy in game.

Ran my first Arbitration alert today and the modifier was 300% damage increase with Valkyr so I went with hysteria build just to figure out I can't kill the drones without cancelling my ability shooting the drones that just keep coming out of no where and grants shields to enemies through objects and then spending even more energy just to get back into hysteria and repeat that several times within a minute. I agree with OP's communication ordeal. I assume there will be stuff tweaked regarding the new alerts, definitely stuff to be improved on I like the idea though.

2 hours ago, Derethevil said:

The bigger issue with the instadeath for a player in here is now that they provoke the abortion of missions more than ever. And it is killing your teammates too, if you are the host and you leave mid mission. I surely get it. I would not want to wait 5 minutes till the next wave ends myself.. but seriously. It just shows how urgent dedicated servers are now. I am more afraid of host migration as of any enemy in game.

I think so! To wait for allies after death is too boring 😞

I have a idea.

1. Activate revive Self riveve is not need. just disable insta-death. so allies can revive u.
  2. When someone is dead, all squad's members fail the mission.
Edited by Kazuya3

On 2018-10-13 at 8:49 AM, Kazuya3 said:

I think so! To wait for allies after death is too boring 😞

I have a idea.

1. Activate revive Self riveve is not need. just disable insta-death. so allies can revive u.
  2. When someone is dead, all squad's members fail the mission.

And that is the end of pug groups right there. So far there has been decent skill level amongst most groups i've seen. But occasionally you get some weak fragile frame dying in the first 30 seconds. Even part way through while its still pathetically easy you see people drop, get replaced, drop again, get replaced.

Hell i even died while flying around the map back and forth on earth defence. Each wave having to clear out every glitched AI in each spawn point wave after wave which was slowing it right down and i bullet jumped over one of those random steam vents that insta kill. If it wasn't for the bad as hell AI i would've never been in that position but whatever. My team failing because of that would be stupid let alone all those that die so easy in the early phases.

I wouldn't want to see revives unless the difficulty was jacked up. And in that case only a player reviving another player in that animation for x amount of secs(the slow res). Max of 1 extra life. 
Also like to see the rewards return back to 5 min/wave intervals even if it means much higher enemies to begin with. Waiting an extra 5 minutes doesn't make it more difficult, just more time consuming and tedious. Back to 5 waves but make it harder.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Hiero_Glyph:

Agreed. ABC, 5 min rotations, make it harder. Doubling the rotation length and making it easier just wastes time, but I guess in a content drought that is what DE wants.

I don't think they should go back to 5 Waves. Even in this "easier" version I have seen more people dying and leaving than ever since they upped the Revives to 4/Mission. And I like that, it reminds me of the old times where you could actually run out of revives 🙂

And as a good amount of "newer" Players seems to have problems with the already provided difficulty I don't think it would benefit the new mode to make it more difficult.

26 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

I don't think they should go back to 5 Waves. Even in this "easier" version I have seen more people dying and leaving than ever since they upped the Revives to 4/Mission. And I like that, it reminds me of the old times where you could actually run out of revives 🙂

And as a good amount of "newer" Players seems to have problems with the already provided difficulty I don't think it would benefit the new mode to make it more difficult.

I second this. The only public survival I've done, everyone else died after 10 min, and all the public sorties I've done, a lot of people have died, some even twice. Some don't even use Vitality...

Making arbitrations any harder would kill them for a lot of people. I can already see many people not making it to C rewards.