Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chimera: Hotfix 23.10.2

[DE]Megan

i feel like this update screwed me. specifically, the login rewards changes. i love that it was getting changed, was 100% all for it. couldnt find any estimated date besides "soon."

backstory: im a founder from like 5 years ago that stopped playing (which was a mistake but hindsight is always 20/20) and came back earlier this year.

last week, as my login days were approaching the 100 mark, i frantically searched for when the change would happen, because i was comfortable not logging in for a few days if the update would happen so i could choose the weapon for the 100 day mark instead of get a pistol i really didnt want and wont use. i found nothing besides "soon." i know that an exact date is really a hard thing to do, but even an estimate would have been great. (i play a lot of 7 days to die, and alpha 17 has been "soon" since like february this year, but thats not an MMO game and totally different). so wednesday or thursday, i get my milestone. get the pistol. and then friday the update happens. so, at least in the terms of the weapons, the changes to daily tribute never happened, because i wont get the one i want until day 300 regardless. the ONLY thing i wanted from all of the login rewards, is essentially 198 days away now. i would have waited and not logged in for a couple days if i knew when the update was coming. im sure im not the only one this has happened to, but im sure the number of us is also small. no NPC to trade one unused weapon for another. no way to go backwards a couple login days. i think that whole thing is really awful, but i also think im in the severe minority and nothing will be done about it.

i decided im not logging in for another 6+ months for the choice. ive enjoyed my time playing warframe, a few weeks ago i was playing 80+ hours a week on top of having a family and a full time job but this is the nail in the coffin for me. its time to move on.

I have noticed that the relic survivals are broken as I ran a T1 survival and not had enough reactant spawn to open multiple relics. I'm hoping that this is a bug and not how relic survivals will be from here on out. As it is the easiest way to farm up duckets and platinum, this may hinder gameplay and enjoyment from others as well.

So, it's feedback time.

What has been introduced is a bit...maybe it should have waited another week.  I mean, this is a joke, right?

The litany of bugs is rather obvious.  The inclusion of 2 new melee weapons, that each require 3 days of research, and arbitrations being....cheese festivals is a first draft.  It has to be,

More poignantly, Arbitrations are not worth doing at this time.  Somehow you've again confused a vertical grind wall with "endgame content."  Unless you want us to cheese the game mode, the rewards are far and away not worth the grind.  On top of this, poor enemy scaling is being magnified by hard to hit ancient healers.  The new drones aren't new, they're just slightly buffed ancients with a hit box that makes them even more frustrating of an enemy.  I think the worst thing might just be that you learned a lesson about rewards, then applied it partially.  You can use Nitain Prime (it is the same model, time gated, but gold) to unlock 2 of the new game influencing items, but 4 of the rewards are gated behind a 2% drop chance wall.

One more time on the math.  If we want half of the community to have the rewards, they'll need to run this 72 times on average.  8 for one reward, 12 for the second, 17 for the third, and 35 times for the fourth.  Of course, that means way more for those who aren't in the lucky half.  As an example, for 99% the 8 value becomes 56 runs.

If your version of endgame is made without challenge, because it requires cheesing, and without reward then you've got me.  I've finally recognized this game isn't worth playing, because all of the fundamentals are broken and you can't build something on the shattered remains.

Can we please get some basic fixes, to make this sort of game a rewarding challenge?  They aren't really difficult.

1) Enemy scaling is built from an S-curve rather than a power function.  Bullet sponging is addressed, while enemies can still get harder.

2) Shield and health gating.  Instant kills because damage calculations are nutty disappear.

3) Utilize those intermediary rewards to allow people to choose their rewards.  You use Nitain Prime to give 2 new mods, but not the other 4.  I don't get it.

4) Increase the price of new rewards, but offer a pool of vaulted items.  3 of the new drops for a selected relic containing vaulted primes addresses a lot.  No more silly prices on vaulted equipment (looking at you Loki and Nova), a reason to come back for veterans (sell items for platinum), and with the above changes risk is rewarded.  I'm saying this after acknowledging 30 minutes for a single RNG baubble is nuts, but a reason "veterans" might put up with it and keep returning.

This is Sanctuary Onslaught all over again.  Huge grind, minimal rewards, and a play style that rewards cheese above fun.  I don't see a lot of love, and even less people returning once the rewards are ground out.  This isn't endgame, it's Lunaro all over again.  

Encountered three bugs :

- If I go to the Inventory Menu, my keyboard is considered my pad : if I use WASD, it moves like the pad, if I press Y, it activates the sorting list, I can't use the search function, etc.

- One of the extermination mission I did spawned with no enemies, said that the extraction point was the objective and when I left with my friends' group, I was put with a random person that wasn't even in the mission with us.

- My friend is unable to use his pad since the first Chimera update, he can only move the camera but otherwise, S#&$ out of luck. He's using a wireless Xbox One pad.

Archived