Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chimera: Hotfix 23.10.2

[DE]Megan

55 minutes ago, Tweekey said:

And now I don't even get a progress bar.

DE, seriously. I'm not saying I could do better. But at least make sure ALL OF YOUR SERVERS are up and running before launching a massive update. A chunk of the community cannot play this game. I'm starting to feel that the Friday update was intentional.

Yeah, updating on a Friday was a bad move.  I mean, seriously, it's the start of the weekend, and now the game is unplayable because the update won't finish downloading.  I wanted to get my last four Eidolon Shards so as to get maxed with The Quills, but it looks like that isn't happening tonight.  I can't even get in.  Bleh.

By the way, the launcher should check to see if there are any downloaded update files that are complete when patching.  Having to re-download a patch entirely if something goes wrong REALLY stinks.

Just now, Praetor_Fenix said:

I get a couple hundred MB downloaded, then it jumps to 100%, freezes, and then I get the "The update will restart shortly" screen. Restart the launcher, repeat ad nauseum...

Keep the task manager open. The second you see "Checking for new Content" and the download stops, end the launcher and re-launch. I'm down to 2.4kmb. I got back from work at 8:40pm, its now 11:18pm. With a 3-6mb/ sec download speed, that I've checked four times now. But I'm still only getting 50-200kbs/ sec, and sometimes it drops into single bytes. 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour. Assuming only 3mb/sec, which I have been, that's still over 9kmb.

It literally should be over 9000.
….:facepalm:

Oh and now we're down to 2335, and it's actually downloading with "Checking for New Content" over the progress bar which isn't moving.
:facepalm::facepalm:

I have been a heavy Saryn user till now (for focus points farming and Sanctaury Onslaught), but with the new "tweaks" to Saryn, she takes a lot of time to kill  enemies, which make her unsuitable  for  missions where I like to kill enemies fast and in large group. So, can we please get the pre-update Saryn back??

4 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I can't enter channeling while on Melee unless I stop moving. I also can't glide on Melee.

positively what I noticed, pls look in to this effect programmers. its so annoying. halting my whole game experience....

Is no one going to address the obnoxious glowing animation on swords like the Galatine Prime that's there for no apparent reason? Like it doesn't match the energy color, and even when you have no elemental mods on the weapon it's still there. There's also no toggle to turn it on and off, and it NEEDS to go. I literally have no desire to use most of my favorite weapons because now they have obnoxious glowing trail FX on them that can't be turned off.

1 minute ago, KyoMatsuri said:

Is no one going to address the obnoxious glowing animation on swords like the Galatine Prime that's there for no apparent reason? Like it doesn't match the energy color, and even when you have no elemental mods on the weapon it's still there. There's also no toggle to turn it on and off, and it NEEDS to go. I literally have no desire to use most of my favorite weapons because now they have obnoxious glowing trail FX on them that can't be turned off.

Certainly one to put on the list, but I think people not being able to even download/install the update is taking priority...

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Will Power Donation give 7 capacity along with Steel Charge to standardize the Aura system? Inconsistency between Aura mods is why players who wish to use Umbral Mods always run Steel Charge. It would be nice if Aura Mods all offered 7 (or 9) additional capacity at max rank to level the playing field.

While they didn't restrict umbral mods from being on other warframes, they're not intended for them. If you're going to want to work them into your builds, then you should be required to forma your frames or use steel charge to compensate, the game shouldn't be altered to make umbral mods a thing on reg/prime frames.

3 hours ago, LasarraSelendis said:

I don't think they'll ever put a Prime Parts Toggle on Umbra Excalibur because Umbra Excalibur isn't a Prime to begin with.

It's Umbra Excalibur. Not Excalibur Prime nor is it Umbra Excalibur Prime.

Well, then I guess they shouldn't sell tenno gen skins for him because his prime parts completely ruin the looks the creators had going for excalibur.

2 minutes ago, Steel_Centurion said:

Well, then I guess they shouldn't sell tenno gen skins for him because his prime parts completely ruin the looks the creators had going for excalibur.

Agree on the no prime parts - the model still has the umbra parts even if you change the skin. On that note, I don't see a point in umbra specific excal skins; regular skins can be applied to umbra, I rock a proto umbra 🙂

Still can't finish the update download is now stuck at 4.5 MBs and will not attempt the download and after a few minutes I get a white screen saying "Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our severs.

The update will be restarted shortly.."

9 minutes ago, Steel_Centurion said:

The look that the Tennogen creators had going was for Excalibur to begin with. To have it applied to both the Prime and Umbra variants were bonuses. Same goes with every other Tennogen skin for other frames. You just countered your own argument.

18 minutes ago, Praetor_Fenix said:

Agree on the no prime parts - the model still has the umbra parts even if you change the skin. On that note, I don't see a point in umbra specific excal skins; regular skins can be applied to umbra, I rock a proto umbra 🙂

I agree with regards to Umbra specific skins point. When you look at it, the main selling point for Excalibur Tennogen is for Excalibur given that it is one for the starter frames you could begin as new Tenno and one you could easily apply fashion frame on. Excalibur Umbra is what you acquire later on in the game.

Kudos as well to Proto Umbra, gives that old man Hayden Tenno kinda vibe with the scarf. That and the Umbra Dexcalibur top my Umbra fashion frame. xD

What did you guys do to the sound packs? Legacy sounds for recieving a PM are annoying as all get out!

Gah. Put it back! At least make it not so jarring! My ears. Your audio ques were non-intrusive/okay before. This is overdoing it.

Legacy options are legacy options for a reason; legacy ++/legacy remix is fine but it needs to be set aside as a DISTINCT different option.

While we're on the sound design note? Can we get an Embolyst skin that makes it sound like an ignis, and an Odonata prime that gives the thruster sound of regular odonata? Ditto for 

8 hours ago, -NR-Zodiac said:

No changes to the new Sword and it taking 4 Formas ( up to Level 40, to max it out ), to release the true potentcial of it? 

i mean afterall as of Right now it's not usefull as Lua / Sentients are only a Thing if we decide to do a Survival there.

i mean thats its feature i dont think their wont be a change for it

3 hours ago, R31N said:

paracesis is bugged, you can tell from when it's leveling up, its progress bar keeps looping at rank 30. atm it shows 78 capacity with catalyst, and 88 with stance. I like it : P

lol its a not a bug if u put 4 forma it goes to level 40 thats its feature and give the weapon special sentient stats 😛

Archived