Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OK, I already have an issue with Arbie Alerts

Trainer-mana

OK!

SO!

Turns out that no revives, the high level, and the random buffs warframes and weapons get wasn't the only thing added to arbitrations.

Turns out they added the worlds most powerful shield osprey into the works as well, and honestly I think it works pretty well.

They give an entire squad of enemies invulnerability, but if you can kill them, they explode and take out most of the fleshy goons and leave the tougher enemies very crippled. Sounds fair, it is fair, I like how they work.

The problem is when you throw these @#%#$s into the works:

latest?cb=20131207105128

Yup, those tiny drones get the full benefit from ancient healers. That means damage invulnerability, and you can't kill the ancients to stop it because HEY THEY'RE INVINCIBLE AS LONG AS THE ARBIE DRONE IS HERE! So what you end up with is a small target who can tank more hits than a 125lv corrupted heavy gunner. The worlds most indestructible mosquito. You can't even proc viral or anything on those drones, so good luck trying to kill them.

DE, please make it so that ancient auras don't effect drones.

While you're at it, while general ability immunity makes sense and is needed for them to do anything, it does seem a bit inappropriate for them to also be immune to manually-aimed/melee exalted weapons. Those work on nullifier bubbles, even.

Edited by OvisCaedo

ser

3 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

While you're at it, while general ability immunity makes sense and is needed for them to do anything, it does seem a bit inappropriate for them to also be immune to manually-aimed/melee exalted weapons. Those work on nullifier bubbles, even.

yay another enemy immune to powers...

18 minutes ago, Trainer-mana said:

I literally just brought this up in the feedback thread, very annoying. Healers and multiple drones stacked and blocked an entire pathway. What a ridiculous oversight.
Also I'm sick and tired of enemies being completely immune to abilities/procs, including bosses. Just give them diminishing returns and damage reduction instead.
As I said in the feedback thread, if I wanted to play a shooter with no power usage I'd hop onto the new CoD.

54 minutes ago, Trainer-mana said:

OK!

SO!

Turns out that no revives, the high level, and the random buffs warframes and weapons get wasn't the only thing added to arbitrations.

Turns out they added the worlds most powerful shield osprey into the works as well, and honestly I think it works pretty well.

They give an entire squad of enemies invulnerability, but if you can kill them, they explode and take out most of the fleshy goons and leave the tougher enemies very crippled. Sounds fair, it is fair, I like how they work.

The problem is when you throw these @#%#$s into the works:

latest?cb=20131207105128

Yup, those tiny drones get the full benefit from ancient healers. That means damage invulnerability, and you can't kill the ancients to stop it because HEY THEY'RE INVINCIBLE AS LONG AS THE ARBIE DRONE IS HERE! So what you end up with is a small target who can tank more hits than a 125lv corrupted heavy gunner. The worlds most indestructible mosquito. You can't even proc viral or anything on those drones, so good luck trying to kill them.

That's a good catch Tenno.  Thanks for the heads up and posting the issue.  

IMO, DE SHOULD NOT MAKE THIS EASIER

This is suppose to be "endgame". Are players really already asking to make this easier? I mean wouldn't a simple communication with your team to say something like "Focus DPS that drone" suffice? or Enemy Mark it?

Thoughts?

EDIT: I would rather a see the effect of the healers on the arbiter drones at a reduced effect instead of being completely removed

Edited by ShinTechG

1 hour ago, Ragingwasabi said:

ser

Come on, there has to be SOMETHING.

Honestly, I feel that the drone's aren't doing enough. Certainly with Limbo, they don't link to rifted enemies, they just stop enemies from entering the rift. Let enemies affected by them damage cross rift and allow them to drag enemies out of the rift! Although, to compensate, let them be damaged cross-rift too. I want these fights to be a good ones. Fair, but challenging.

And maybe up their spawns? I dunno, kind of lost the will to play since the map I was on was extremely low-spawn for some reason.

IMO, DE SHOULD NOT MAKE THIS EASIER

This is suppose to be "endgame". Are players really already asking to make this easier? I mean wouldn't a simple communication with your team to say something like "Focus DPS that drone" suffice? or Enemy Mark it?

Thoughts?

Well the problem with marking is that you still have to cursor over it to mark it, granted an even more difficult task for those who use a controller as some of my clanmates do.

Then you have the fact that these two enemies begin to spawn in droves past the second C rotation or so, paired with the ancient healer makes it a DPS gate to then kill another slightly less broken DPS gate. Just as these drones don't make artic eximus bubbles immune, I don't think they should be outright buffed by healers.

Edited by --Dretch--

1 minute ago, --Dretch-- said:

Well the problem with marking is that you still have to cursor over it to mark it, granted an even more difficult task for those who use a controller as some of my clanmates do.

Operator > Void Mode > relax and mark it know knowing you cannot be hit.

15 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

Thoughts?

@Trainer-mana Im curious. Does Ancient healers actually make the Arbiter drones completely invulnerable or just take a reduced damage amount?

8 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

Operator > Void Mode > relax and mark it know knowing you cannot be hit.

It's not a matter of ability to do so safely, it's a matter of time. If they aren't dealt with quickly they swarm. Slowing down kills per second to a screeching halt even further than they already offer I feel is a bit over the top, considering that the modes have been tweaked themselves to encourage a sense of urgency to keep that kill rate going.

Edited by --Dretch--

32 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

Thoughts?

Those drones are okay to handle in Corpus and Grineer missions, but Infested makes it a hassle due to how they swarm players. So not only do the drones get damage reduction from Ancient Healers but they also get cover from the Infested themselves; their bodies blocking our shots. Another contributing factor to this hassle is also the map, Eris tileset is a mixed bag of bad/tight rooms and good/open rooms. Depending on how lucky you get, you either get screwed over with tight rooms or you have a chance in open rooms; at best there are 3 rooms that aren't tight.

Edited by NekroArts

2 часа назад, Ragingwasabi сказал:

yeap :S gimmick is nice, but again it's a result of necessity which is based on game design.

1 час назад, Loza03 сказал:

Come on, there has to be SOMETHING

yeah but how about remaking game mechanics, so there would be no need in such enemies like nullifiers or these drones? like balancing weapons, tenno powers, enemy damage and survivability. something like powers synergy between warframes... i mean the fast-paced gameplay is nice and all, but when a player can kill entire map with one button and that can only be only countered by mobs which will completely negate this one button? you know... that makes me sad.

Edited by Kel_Silonius

Just now, Kel_Silonius said:

yeap :S gimmick is nice, but again it's a result of necessity which is based on game design.

yeah but how about remaking game mechanics, so there would be no need in such enemies like nullifiers or these drones? like balancing weapons, tenno powers, enemy damage and survivability. something like powers synergy between warframes... i mean the fast-paced gameplay is nice and all, but when a player can kill entire map with one button and that can only be only countered by mobs which will completely negate this? you know... that makes me sad.

Oh, I agree, but given how the community reacted to the time spent away from some weapon rebalancing, I'm not sure if they'd have time to fully rebalance the whole game. 

1 minute ago, Kel_Silonius said:

this is something i also fail to understand. in the context of current gameplay and game design, why such thing as weapons balance is even a thing?

Two reasons:

One: if weapons are too strong, they're just as harmful to the experience as nuke abilities. They don't need to be perfectly fine-tuned, but they can't be ludicrous.

Two: progression curve. This is a looter, and thus one of the main draws is to constantly get stronger. If you start with a god-tier gun, there's no point.

Ohhh, that's what it was! I went from like 75% life support to 0%. I wasn't paying attention because I was shooting that stupid drone for so long. I was using a fully modded Arca Plasmor and it was basically doing nothing. 

It's also pretty insane when you get that drone or drones + a bunch of other enemies inside of multiple nullifiers stacked on top of eachother. It's probably not gonna end well. It's funnier and not impossible to deal with, but it's still pretty crazy.  

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Two reasons:

One: if weapons are too strong, they're just as harmful to the experience as nuke abilities. They don't need to be perfectly fine-tuned, but they can't be ludicrous.

Two: progression curve. This is a looter, and thus one of the main draws is to constantly get stronger. If you start with a god-tier gun, there's no point.

Harmful to who's experience? Nuke abilities take away gameplay from other players. Strong weapons don't. I don't see the problem with a weapon killing a single enemy faster than another player's weapon, because they can both still contribute. I might agree if you're talking about AoE weapons or something like that.

A god-tier weapon just doesn't mean much, because it's just a weapon. I have a few god-tier weapons, but it doesn't matter. I want to make a lot more. That's the point. You don't level up one frame and get the right build and then stop. Same thing with weapons. There's always reasons to loot because a big part of this game is collecting frames and weapons. Over time you will go back and realize you treated a potential god-tier weapon as fodder. Then you make that weapon a project and the cycle continues. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

9 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Harmful to who's experience? Nuke abilities take away gameplay from other players. Strong weapons don't. I don't see the problem with a weapon killing a single enemy faster than another player's weapon, because they can both still contribute. I might agree if you're talking about AoE weapons or something like that.

A god-tier weapon just doesn't mean much, because it's just a weapon. I have a few god-tier weapons, but it doesn't matter. I want to make a lot more. That's the point. You don't level up one frame and get the right build and then stop. Same thing with weapons. There's always reasons to loot because a big part of this game is collecting frames and weapons. Over time you will go back and realize you treated a potential god-tier weapon as fodder. Then you make that weapon a project and the cycle continues. 

Strong weapons don't, broken ones do. Remember when the Amprex used to be able to clear an entire room in a single clip? That's what I mean by an OP weapon. That is the kind of thing that needs balancing. I'd also put stuff like Memeing Strike Atterax and Ignis like this, and they serve much the same purpose with minimal input, enabling them to be used really fast and applied all over the map, inevitably butting into players not using them, just like a nuke would. These are the things that need balancing.

That said, I have no problem with god-tier weapons as long as they don't do that. It is indeed awesome when you thought a weapon was trash but it was secretly amazing. It's a great part about Warframes progression that it's basically stored over two parts, as a few specific builds can really tear some stuff up. I recently gave my Dex Sybaris and Aklex Prime the Viral treatment and they're really doing some good work now.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Strong weapons don't, broken ones do. Remember when the Amprex used to be able to clear an entire room in a single clip? That's what I mean by an OP weapon. That is the kind of thing that needs balancing. I'd also put stuff like Memeing Strike Atterax and Ignis like this, and they serve much the same purpose with minimal input, enabling them to be used really fast and applied all over the map, inevitably butting into players not using them, just like a nuke would. These are the things that need balancing.

That said, I have no problem with god-tier weapons as long as they don't do that. It is indeed awesome when you thought a weapon was trash but it was secretly amazing. It's a great part about Warframes progression that it's basically stored over two parts, as a few specific builds can really tear some stuff up. I recently gave my Dex Sybaris and Aklex Prime the Viral treatment and they're really doing some good work now.

Yeah, I agree with this 100%.