Awesome Gear wheel look FTW!!

Pixelasylum

On 2018-10-13 at 7:51 AM, Xuimma said:

Also that saying is dumb, its like why do athletes needs to better themselves when their already good?

The only thing improved was the 'aesthetic'. Various functionalities were removed.

Why reinvent the wheel? The old UI and just using tab/right click to go a new gear/emote page would have been great.

Edited by AwwGasm

2 hours ago, AwwGasm said:

The only thing improved was the 'aesthetic'. Various functionalities were removed.

Why reinvent the wheel? The old UI and just using tab/right click to go a new gear/emote page would have been great.

By those functionalities, do you mean that we can't just hold 'Q' (by default) to have access to both gear and emote slots at the same time?

Sure, I can understand that. But we can have 99 of each now, and a simple smack of the tab button lets us have access to all emotes / gear you could ever want.
I guess it could be argued that it does make it take longer to find what you need but, it's simple enough to put those important ones on keybinds still.

I personally like it, but I can see why some players are a bit on the fence.
It was kinda out of the blue, to be completely honest. For those of us that don't follow DE's various twitters.

4 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

By those functionalities, do you mean that we can't just hold 'Q' (by default) to have access to both gear and emote slots at the same time?

Sure, I can understand that. But we can have 99 of each now, and a simple smack of the tab button lets us have access to all emotes / gear you could ever want.
I guess it could be argued that it does make it take longer to find what you need but, it's simple enough to put those important ones on keybinds still.

I personally like it, but I can see why some players are a bit on the fence.
It was kinda out of the blue, to be completely honest. For those of us that don't follow DE's various twitters.

That's just one of the functionalities.

The old wheel wouldn't realign itself when try select a gear item past the 12th

You can run out of gear items and the rest of the items would stay at their positions. Right now if that happens the gear realigns itself automatically and you start using the next item with the same mouse positioning or keybind

You could slot gear items into specific positions, now everything just goes to the back of the wheel. If you want to rearrange items in a manner you want you have to remove everything and slot everything in again.

The new wheel also adds an additional step just to go into the emote wheel.

The new wheel doesn't display the number of gear items you have until you hover over a particular item option.

Also it messes with a lot of muscle memory.

The only point in your favor is that we can slot more items in now. 

However It would have been extremely easy to have 99 of each now and retain all this - just use the new tab button to go to the second/third/etc page of the gear wheel and emotes. If they had used a static gear and a page system you could even slot all the gear items like aphotics/ciphers/keys that didn't need interaction right at the last pages instead of taking up precious space.