A recognition of what DE did right in this update. Spoilers.

Loza03

A lot of people have, quite rightfully, been pointing out the problems with the new update. But, in fairness, it did also bring some good. I think everyone else has the negatives of this update down, and I think reminding DE of what they did right is also important. That being...

Chimera prologue.

God damn, DE, how do you keep making quests this good? Chimera Prologue did what I expected with the foreshadowing given, yet also completely turned my expectations on their heads. I was anticipating Ballas being half-sentient. It was on the books for a while, what with him being mortally wounded and in Tau. What I didn't expect was for this not to be a willing transformation, nor that Ballas would betray the Sentients as well.  And also the powers he's gained from that form... most peculiar.

The info we got on the New War is also extremely tasty. From what we can tell, there seems to be a more direct link between Natah and 'Mother' than we thought previously. I wonder if and how Lotus comes into this... my guess is on Lotus being some kind of rogue fragment of Natah. Ballas's new design is absolutely amazing - twisted and pained. It also calls to mind Alad V's signature hunched look. Given how Alad likes to make Chimeras out of Warframes and Infested, I don't doubt that was an intentional reference.

The sword, too, though apparently bugged, seems like it'll become my go-to weapon once I have it and once it's fixed. Being able to go past what we could before? How odd. I have high hopes for Tau at this rate. Although I pity the Corpus on Fortuna - I'll almost certainly be descending upon them with this mighty blade in hand.  I also happened to be looking for a new sword, so it came just in time.

And 'ol Wally... what is he up to? His prominence has grown and grown since we first saw him as a spooky voice on a mountain top. I can see numerous paths he could go down. Villainous routes, allied routes or neutral routes. And right now, each seems just as possible. Sure, he's attacked us, but at the same time, he's also helped us. A tantalising mystery.

Gameplay-wise, the first sights of Tau are fascinating. I wonder how on earth we'll be getting around there, although I assume copious amounts of Railjack and Archwing will be involved. I'm also hoping that the Astral form of the Operator wasn't just a one-time thing, as I'd love for something similar to turn out to be a higher state available for our kiddos at a later time.

So, yeah. This update has plenty of problems, ones I have voiced my concerns about. But I do think it's just as important to voice that DE is still doing a pretty fine job in many places. No matter what, I know you lot can take me for a ride in this strange universe you've given us.

The ONLY problem I have with this update it's only the Gear Spiral.

I want the old Gear Wheel back, was simple, quick, easy to use and I could access everything in a single screen.

The new Gear Spiral drops the fps hard when I try to use something / select something on the screen.

At the moment I have to rely on shortcuts just to use consumables if I want to avoid the lag.

Yeah great work DE. Im a console player but just watching the quest blew me away. What the quests lack in quantity is made up for in quality. Tbh the sacrifice felt like the end of season 1 of warframes story and this just feels like the beginning of season 2.

Edited by (PS4)jjahsan

2 minutes ago, (PS4)jjahsan said:

Yeah great work DE. Im a console player but just watching the quest blew me away. What the quests lack in quantity is made up for in quality. Tbh the sacrifice felt like the end of season 1 of warframes story and this just feels like the beginning of season 2.

Agreed. I think that was the idea - they mentioned something about the Sacrifice being the end of the trilogy, and it felt. And, with Chimera Prologue, it now truly seems like we're entering a great shift in Warframe's development. It seems we might even be following a 'Heroes journey', with Ordinary World being Pre-Second Dream with that quest being the call to adventure, our Operators' anger at being called a child being the Refusal, with meeting the Mentor seeming to have been pretty much the rest of the War Within, Sacrifice and Chimera Prologue - we've established the mentorship of Teshin, Umbra and now the power granted to us by Ballas. So, the New War will be crossing the Threshold, most likely. Railjack will probably play into it too.

DE are crafting this story masterfully, so far.

il y a 35 minutes, Loza03 a dit :

Agreed. I think that was the idea - they mentioned something about the Sacrifice being the end of the trilogy, and it felt. And, with Chimera Prologue, it now truly seems like we're entering a great shift in Warframe's development. It seems we might even be following a 'Heroes journey', with Ordinary World being Pre-Second Dream with that quest being the call to adventure, our Operators' anger at being called a child being the Refusal, with meeting the Mentor seeming to have been pretty much the rest of the War Within, Sacrifice and Chimera Prologue - we've established the mentorship of Teshin, Umbra and now the power granted to us by Ballas. So, the New War will be crossing the Threshold, most likely. Railjack will probably play into it too.

DE are crafting this story masterfully, so far.

Yea also there is a cool pattern here: the second dream began when stalker ( who is an umbra type frame) got a sword from sentient leader to kill tenno. Now we have our own umbra and this begins with the only orokin leader giving us a sword to kill sentients.

Edited by (PS4)jjahsan

26 minutes ago, (PS4)jjahsan said:

Yea also there is a cool pattern here: the second dream began when stalker ( who is an umbra type frame) got a sword from sentient leader to kill tenno. Now we have our own umbra and this begins with the only orokin leader giving us a sword to kill sentients.

History repeating...

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I really liked the Okami-like mini-battles on the way there. I hope they do more with that sort of thing.

Given how shadows seem to be the Man in the Wall's trademark, it wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to happen whenever he shows up.