Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is "Optimize My Download Cache" do?

NoelleAllogene

Since my PC decided to put everything on slow speed when I'm "optimizing my download cache", I thought I'll be doing this. I can't even play Dead Frontier on browser whenever it's doing its thing.

Ever since 2014, DE introduce "Optimize My Download Cache" whenever it has huge update (more than 1 gb).

But, what does "Optimize My Download Cache" actually do? I know they're optimizing my game data so the in-game experience will be smooth (duh), but what does exactly it means?

Why it eats so much RAM? why should I do it and what's the ingame difference between optimizing or not?

Because it's a task that's removing things from your warframe installation. But it has to check the files, and most likely compare them, and remove the excess data that's no longer required.  

As such, all tasks need space for your processor to work in, so it will use RAM.

What it means for you is faster loading between places. For instance, from Cetus to Plains, and back. If you're on a toaster, you may or may not even notice the difference if you're already running slow.

15 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

What it means for you is faster loading between places. For instance, from Cetus to Plains, and back. If you're on a toaster, you may or may not even notice the difference if you're already running slow.

ya i got the option for the  "Optimize My Download Cache" and all ready found the game is running smoother and i'm loading into missions faster. note i play on a 4 yr old laptop that needs a new internal battery.

22 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Because it's a task that's removing things from your warframe installation. But it has to check the files, and most likely compare them, and remove the excess data that's no longer required.  

As such, all tasks need space for your processor to work in, so it will use RAM.

ah I see. But does the loading affect high end PC?