Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod Adaptation! My First Impressions!

withinmyself

Ran a few Kuva Survivals with this on my Nekros in place of Health Conversion, and without Shield of Shadows. Worked fantastically well, but the notable thing is, it works especially well on shields, giving shields 'armour' like resists. So it may turn out that it is more useful on something like Mag, rather than Inaros, after all armour already provides resists, so ther may be diminishing returns on that.

2 minutes ago, zombiedeadhead said:

So it may turn out that it is more useful on something like Mag

Yea it worked really well with Mag doing Extraction in Arbitration.  I don't use a shield mod for mag because I have the Crush Augment which overcharges all shields.  Coupled with this bad boy, Mag is an endgame bad ass.  She always was a bad ass.  But, y'know, things like electricity and (ironically) magnetism at higher levels was pretty tough even if you know how to use Mag well.  And any amount of toxin whatsoever was detrimental to Mag who has terrible base armor and health.

I just want to point out that anyone experiencing absurd damage reduction as a result of this mod is currently experiencing a bug. I won't explain how to reproduce it, but Adaptation is currently bugged such that it's possible to reach 100% damage reduction without even knowing it.

13 hours ago, withinmyself said:

Yea it's great.  I just went 12 rounds of Extraction in Arbitration with Mag who has terrible armor.  I can replenish my shields and overcharge everyone's with my Crush Augment but Mag usually can't be out in the thick of things for too long at high levels like that.   When the enemies get to a certain level I'll start making Magnitize bubbles to hide in so my shields regenerate.

But with Adaptation I didn't have to worry about that.  And I don't think it's broken anymore I think this is exactly what it's for.  It was still difficult and like you said the one shot enemies are the ones that'll get you.  Almost died a couple times from explosions that tanked my shields.  And that's considered one hit so you only have the minimum amount of DR at that point not the full 90% so another hit could potentially take you out.

I will say one thing though.  This is definitely OP for early game stuff and as much as I love the fact that I just got another one from those 12 rounds of Extraction and they are selling for around 65plat unranked,   I really don't think we should be able to sell them.  Just a thought.   Maybe I'm wrong.

Well its a good thing that shields can be a thing now, since the very beginning armor was simply too good compared to shielding.

Adaptation is now putting shield on par with armor (if you use arcane Aegis for recharge) with its recharge rate and damage absorbtion, you wont gain energy on shield damage like rage or Hunter Adrenaline but shield tanking is now viable and it is about time!

I like the mod alot but some tweaking are needed: Should not stack with other damage reduction skills, this mod is supposed to compensate for the frames who cant use that in their kit.

The other thing i noticed (correct me on this) is that it seems to apply to procs as well. Procs should not be affected by that 90% reduction, we have mods to mitigate that effect well then only those mods should reduce the procs damage.

3 minutes ago, Bacl said:

The other thing i noticed (correct me on this) is that it seems to apply to procs as well. Procs should not be affected by that 90% reduction, we have mods to mitigate that effect well then only those mods should reduce the procs damage.

Yea it definitely does.  Which would basically make all the rest of the single proc Mods obsolete. 

Just now, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Does this work with Rhinos iron skin?

Nope, keep in mind Rhino skin is making you immune to damage, you do not get damage, the spell does. This is why a lot of effect on hit like the Arcanes or this do not proc on Rhino while iron skin is up and this is by design not a bug. Rhino would be even more ridiculous without that imposed design flaw into his build.

7 minutes ago, Bacl said:

Nope, keep in mind Rhino skin is making you immune to damage, you do not get damage, the spell does. This is why a lot of effect on hit like the Arcanes or this do not proc on Rhino while iron skin is up and this is by design not a bug. Rhino would be even more ridiculous without that imposed design flaw into his build.

Yeah thats what i was thinking.  Really need something with iron skin though, high levels shred it like its paper.  Ive used the ironclad charge combo with it and while good, its a little situational trying to line up enemies to make it worthwhile.

Might slot it on my eternal warcry valk with Hirudos.  I think that will top that build off nicely.

Edited by (PS4)brettles1983

5 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Yeah thats what i was thinking.  Really need something with iron skin though, high levels shred it like its paper.  Ive used the ironclad charge combo with it and while good, its a little situational trying to line up enemies to make it worthwhile.

Might slot it on my eternal warcry valk with Hirudos.  I think that will top that build off nicely.

Iron Clad charge with max Power str + Energy conversion you can reach in the 200k + relatively easily, ancient healer specter aura will give you 90% damage reduction affecting your iron skin.

Ironskin can reach insane amount of tankyness if you sacrifice the roar  buff and because of that reduction is harder to come by, also dont forget you can recast the damn thing quite easily. I can outlive Inaros and Nidus in my Rhino (full tank no roar build) if i dodge nullifiers bubble, Bursa and the speed skating Corpus olympic team.

2 minutes ago, Bacl said:

Iron Clad charge with max Power str + Energy conversion you can reach in the 200k + relatively easily, ancient healer specter aura will give you 90% damage reduction affecting your iron skin.

Ironskin can reach insane amount of tankyness if you sacrifice the roar  buff and because of that reduction is harder to come by, also dont forget you can recast the damn thing quite easily. I can outlive Inaros and Nidus in my Rhino (full tank no roar build) if i dodge nullifiers bubble, Bursa and the speed skating Corpus olympic team.

Yeah ive hit high numbers with my ironclad charge augment, its set and forget, but like i said, situational at times and i was kinda hoping i could get around it.

Using Energy conversion is the 3rd mod that basically goes towards 1 ability, stacking all your cards into Iron Skin.

Not a bad idea and probably the way to go with Rhino, just full tank, no buff.

How does this build go with Rhino stomp?

23 minutes ago, Durandalle said:

This mod good. But I think it's too strong for HP with armor. Maybe this mod must work only with shields? Its nerf for mod, but, in same time, buff for shields. Armor for HP, Adaptation for shields...

The mod is ok on its own, it was there to help non tanky frame to survive a bit better but frame that can become tanky with help of skills are getting ridiculous with it.

Inaros was always stupid since day one and adding Adaptation into the mix is not such a deal tbh, he always was super hard to kill and with that he is "super harder", not that much of a difference.  90% damage reduction skills on top of adaptation is what i m having trouble with, 1% damage on ALL frame that have such a skill and in a way outperforming even Inaros in the tanking department...

Also affecting procs, now that shouldnt be the case, procs should do full damage to your frame and if you want to reduce the damage from those, either heal yourself (ex: lifestrike melee, regenerative molt, etc) or use the proc damage redux mods we had in game for years now.

1 mod shouldnt do it all, i should play it part with the others.

P.S. For your point of the HP armor combo, Atlas and Valkyr both have a ton of armor but when it come to HP they are far behind Inaros and Nidus making them tougher but overall less tanky down the line. I can now run and gun with my Atlas or Valkyr, something i had trouble doing in higher missions prior of getting Adaptation and i m happy for that. Inaros and Nidus were always on their own class since the very beginning and that mod doesn't  really change any of that. I prefer to keep Adaptation the way it is and open doors (at the cost of other mods) than nerfing it and potentially nerf everything else other than Inaros/Nidus because in the case of a nerf they wont really feel the hits, the others will (no tanking pun intended).

Edited by Bacl

1 hour ago, Durandalle said:

This mod good. But I think it's too strong for HP with armor. Maybe this mod must work only with shields? Its nerf for mod, but, in same time, buff for shields. Armor for HP, Adaptation for shields...

Tank frames like Inaros and Valkyr can tank without this mod, this is a nerf for both sides.

And why do you want to nerf? he does not fit in any build, you can not play in the middle of the world with him and be immortal, do not forget that to adapt you need to get damage first, you will not be able to play in the middle of enemies 150 with Atlas using this mod and think that everything will be fine.

4 minutes ago, uAir said:

I got it yesterday and I already poured endo in to max it and have replaced Vitality on my Mesa with it.

Mesa need vitality? lol

Edited by Peter

2 hours ago, withinmyself said:

Yea it definitely does.  Which would basically make all the rest of the single proc Mods obsolete. 

You're comparing R5 useless bronze mods with R10 rare mod? 310 Endo VS 30690 Endo and 1.5kk credits? rly?

One mod get 75% of resistance for the entire mission duration, another increase resistance for each dmg you received starting from 10%.

And these mods have always been useless, I have 4 years of gameplay and I have never seen anyone use this or any build that uses it.

What's the next step, compare Arcane Guardian with Steelfiber? lol

Edited by Peter

5 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

I just want to point out that anyone experiencing absurd damage reduction as a result of this mod is currently experiencing a bug. I won't explain how to reproduce it, but Adaptation is currently bugged such that it's possible to reach 100% damage reduction without even knowing it.

never seen it effect to 100% ive just been reaching 90% and taking the little bit of damage that follows having 90% to say impact could be your just taking so little damage due to armor and the dr the damage is punched to at least 1 or less? 

also works amazing on revanant and is very fitting due to him being a big shield boy 

2 minutes ago, seprent said:

never seen it effect to 100% ive just been reaching 90% and taking the little bit of damage that follows having 90% to say impact could be your just taking so little damage due to armor and the dr the damage is punched to at least 1 or less? 

also works amazing on revanant and is very fitting due to him being a big shield boy 

I think the proc effects the hit that cused it. Go to a level with mining lazzors. They deal 1 damage type. stand in the lazzor in an instant it won’t do damage then your shields we’ll start to charge while being hit.

any attack that does more then 1 element of damage won’t trigger this immunity.

1 minute ago, BDMblue said:

I think the proc effects the hit that cused it. Go to a level with mining lazzors. They deal 1 damage type. stand in the lazzor in an instant it won’t do damage then your shields we’ll start to charge while being hit.

any attack that does more then 1 element of damage won’t trigger this immunity.

hmm ill have to try that dont those little corpus sniper drones do a single damage too would they work too?

47 minutes ago, Peter said:

And these mods have always been useless, I have 4 years of gameplay and I have never seen anyone use this or any build that uses it.

Well... I have almost one hundred days.  It'd be a bit unreasonable to expect me to know as much as a 4-year veteran. 

I really don't go out of my way to check out other builds.  And I try really hard not to make other peoples opinions my own.  I like trying new things and figuring stuff out.  Failing at something will teach you far more than succeeding at it. 

I used to throw on Antitoxin if I thought it was going to be toxin heavy.  And I've used Lightning Rod a couple times but eventually came to the conclusion that it was a waste of a Mod space just like the rest.  That doesn't mean that someone else can't find a good use for it.  And it definitely doesn't mean that I'm going to tell people those Mods are worthless.  Going through and figuring that out for myself helped me learn that much more about the game.

A disturbing and reoccurring trend in Warframe is veterans putting certain Frames, Weapons and Mods above all others and new players taking this to mean that everything else in the game is junk.  Don't even bother equipping it.

And I do get it.  Veterans have put in the time and effort to understand these things.  They've ran through trial and error.  Been through countless forum discussions.  Crunched the numbers and squeezed out every last Critical Chance % they can.  Meta.  The ultimate end-game experience!

But there's a hell of a lot of game before that even needs to be a discussion.  This game gives, gives, gives right from the start.  Always something to do.  More to unlock. Challenges to conquer.  Planets to unlock.  Bosses to defeat.  A plethora of varying styles of Weapons, Mods and Frames that can be rearranged and reassembled in a thousand different ways. 

If you follow the Quests and continuously try new things, you will learn from your own mistakes which will make you a better player and by proxy, a happier one as well.  I'm sure this is exactly how most of the 4+ year veterans played Warframe to begin with.  Part of the fun and experience is finding these things out on your own.

Unfortunately, a lot of new players only see things they can't have yet.  Nobody is ever happy.  They are always trying to get something they don't have.    If all you're doing is grinding for rare Prime parts and trying desperately for hours to get that rare Mod drop because the good players told you your Mods are S#&$,  you are going to get burned out and frustrated. 

And in the end, we have veterans complaining about these new players because they don't know how to work towards long term goals in Warframe.

42 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

Well... I have almost one hundred days.  It'd be a bit unreasonable to expect me to know as much as a 4-year veteran. 

I really don't go out of my way to check out other builds.  And I try really hard not to make other peoples opinions my own.  I like trying new things and figuring stuff out.  Failing at something will teach you far more than succeeding at it. 

I used to throw on Antitoxin if I thought it was going to be toxin heavy.  And I've used Lightning Rod a couple times but eventually came to the conclusion that it was a waste of a Mod space just like the rest.  That doesn't mean that someone else can't find a good use for it.  And it definitely doesn't mean that I'm going to tell people those Mods are worthless.  Going through and figuring that out for myself helped me learn that much more about the game.

A disturbing and reoccurring trend in Warframe is veterans putting certain Frames, Weapons and Mods above all others and new players taking this to mean that everything else in the game is junk.  Don't even bother equipping it.

And I do get it.  Veterans have put in the time and effort to understand these things.  They've ran through trial and error.  Been through countless forum discussions.  Crunched the numbers and squeezed out every last Critical Chance % they can.  Meta.  The ultimate end-game experience!

But there's a hell of a lot of game before that even needs to be a discussion.  This game gives, gives, gives right from the start.  Always something to do.  More to unlock. Challenges to conquer.  Planets to unlock.  Bosses to defeat.  A plethora of varying styles of Weapons, Mods and Frames that can be rearranged and reassembled in a thousand different ways. 

If you follow the Quests and continuously try new things, you will learn from your own mistakes which will make you a better player and by proxy, a happier one as well.  I'm sure this is exactly how most of the 4+ year veterans played Warframe to begin with.  Part of the fun and experience is finding these things out on your own.

Unfortunately, a lot of new players only see things they can't have yet.  Nobody is ever happy.  They are always trying to get something they don't have.    If all you're doing is grinding for rare Prime parts and trying desperately for hours to get that rare Mod drop because the good players told you your Mods are S#&$,  you are going to get burned out and frustrated. 

And in the end, we have veterans complaining about these new players because they don't know how to work towards long term goals in Warframe.

You with 1000 days of game should know that the game is always evolving and new things are always making others obsolete, but this is not the case for those resistance mods that were already useless, see for yourself, we have no more raid to worry about with toxin, you do not get massive elemental damage like in the old days, those 4 mods you quoted above are totally useless these days, just like you said, a waste of a slot.

42 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

Nobody is ever happy.

And was not this what you just did complaining that a 2018 mod that costs 30K of Endo is stronger than a mod introduced in the first update of the game?

Edited by Peter

On 2018-10-13 at 8:53 AM, Anthraxicus said:

It might be a bit OP in low level content. But at high level, I suspect you will still be one shot.

According to what I saw on YouTube, it can lead to some pretty cheesy moments in certain cases but, you need to be tanky enough to take 100% of whatever it is, then 90%, then 80% etc until it builds its stacks up. At a certain point you're still getting one shot before you get your stacks up.

I really like the idea of being kinda like a sentient though. And yes I dont have it yet because console peasant and all but I'm looking forward to it

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

You with 1000 days of game should know that the game is always evolving

I said 100 days.  I consider myself a very new player.

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

And was not this what you just did complaining that a 2018 mod that costs 30K of Endo is stronger than a mod introduced in the first update of the game?

I really wasn't complaining.  It was more just a continuation of discussion.

Looking forward to trying this out with a few frames. Sounds pretty perfect for Chroma in particular and i like the idea on Nidus and Valkyr and Oberon as well among others. This + Rapid Resilience could definitely start making a lot of tank frames but at 2 mod slots for the combo i see that as fair. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the cap to 80-75%

Edited by (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam

3 hours ago, seprent said:

It doesn't show 100%. Visually, it appears to work normally. Hence why I didn't explain how to reproduce it.